• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Instead of saying "best non-GLOCK" you should have just said "what is the second best 9mm full sized handgun out there?" We would have understood you don't want a GLOCK. :D
    Yeah, I understand English isn't well understood here from all the Glock replies. Glocks are very popular, I get it. I just don't like them and I amglad you have the pistol you like. I find it odd that Glock Folk have such a hard time understanding the idea that I HATE GLOCKS. :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I avoided Glocks for years because they were trendy. I don't like running with the 'IN' crowd. I am so much against being in the 'IN' crowd, that I buys Glocks and talk them up in the CZ thread. You can't get any more 'OUT' than talking the dreaded G word in the CZ thread.

Oh, speaking of CZ, I'm surprised that nobody has recommended the CZs yet.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I avoided Glocks for years because they were trendy. I don't like running with the 'IN' crowd. I am so much against being in the 'IN' crowd, that I buys Glocks and talk them up in the CZ thread. You can't get any more 'OUT' than talking the dreaded G word in the CZ thread.

Oh, speaking of CZ, I'm surprised that nobody has recommended the CZs yet.

As you've probably noticed today, it's almost as bad discussing Sig's in the CZ thread... :):

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Beretta-Logo.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Best for what?

Best looking? Most robust? Most accurate? Most reliable?

There are many, many good full sized guns out there that I'd not hesitate to recommend. It's up to you to decide what you prefer.

My list:
    P320, P250, P226
    VP9, P30
    M&P 9
    PX4 or 92D/92G (variants with no manual safety)
    CZ75, especially SP-01 and also P09
    Sphinx SDP
    Any Dan Wesson 9mm
    Glock (17,22,31, etc)
    FNS, FNP, FNX
    Ruger SR9/40-

An that's just the short list of pistols that are "good enough" and worth considering. Add in revolvers and the list gets a good bit longer.

The point is that picking a full size gun isn't something you can do by INGO popularity. Get out there and handle and shoot a bunch that interest. Then report back what you chose.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My son has a full size P320 in .45 and that is an awfully nice gun. If I were starting over again and did not have a sizable investment in firearms, mags and holsters to fit what I already have, I'd give the P320 serious consideration. I'd probably then go and buy a CZ P09 if I were looking for a full size service pistol.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My son has a full size P320 in .45 and that is an awfully nice gun. If I were starting over again and did not have a sizable investment in firearms, mags and holsters to fit what I already have, I'd give the P320 serious consideration. I'd probably then go and buy a CZ P09 if I were looking for a full size service pistol.
    :lmfao: Good advice! If plastic is your thing and you need a full size handgun, the CZ P-09 is IMHO the best on the market.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    well, if folks are coming to PROteq this coming weekend, bring your full sized 9mm's and I will bring my P320 and 9E and see how things go. :ingo:

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    My choice was mentioned earlier in the thread - Beretta PX4 Storm. I know that the rotating barrel and its benefits are debated, but it seems to shoot softer to me than other full-sized 9mm's. I also prefer the ergonomics of the PX4 over the 92 series (though it also is certainly a fine gun). Another excellent pistol that doesn't get as much attention as the newer models is the HK P2000. I like hammer-fired pistols, and the P2000 shoots great for me in 40 S&W. I'm sure the 9mm is just as awesome.

Top Bottom