• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    We slowly watch everything we love about this country slip away, little by little. Everything that makes us different from the rest of the world, and from each other, these idiots want to change. Im over this ****, I really am.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Okay, but what do gays and child molesters have to do with each other? I'm not seeing how one would follow from the other.

We do not generally let straight men lead packs of young girls into the woods. What does being straight and being a child molester have to do with each other? Nothing. Except if the guy is a pedo, he's now got a target rich environment.

A certain percentage of the population is going to be made up of child molesters. Some of that percentage is going to be straight and some is going to be gay. We do not have a perfect method of detecting who will molest children. Thus as an additional safety measure, we do not allow those who would be sexually interested in the children should they prove to be molesters deal with that gender of child they would most likely be interested in.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We do not generally let straight men lead packs of young girls into the woods. What does being straight and being a child molester have to do with each other? Nothing. Except if the guy is a pedo, he's now got a target rich environment.

A certain percentage of the population is going to be made up of child molesters. Some of that percentage is going to be straight and some is going to be gay. We do not have a perfect method of detecting who will molest children. Thus as an additional safety measure, we do not allow those who would be sexually interested in the children should they prove to be molesters deal with that gender of child they would most likely be interested in.

When I was a Scout in the 90s, we already had a way to mitigate that risk... we sent more than one adult out into the woods. Seemed to work just fine.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I was a Scout in the 90s, we already had a way to mitigate that risk... we sent more than one adult out into the woods. Seemed to work just fine.

Would you like me to start posting examples of when it didn't work just fine?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The policy change on gay scoutmasters will finish the organization, first bad incident and the personal injury law firms will skin the BSA alive. It doesn't matter what you think about gay folks in general, the policy change decision will be used to extract funds from anyone involved with it in court. I don't think the BSA has deeper pockets than the Catholic church.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Nowadays the scouts work on a buddy system. Any scout should never be alone with an adult, without having another scout with him.
    Scouts cannot sleep (campout) with an adult unless it is their parent. They can bunk with other scouts (and no adults).
    I'm sure its not fool proof. But it is certainly an attempt to be such. And new scouts (as well as older scouts) are reminded of this policy each spring (when new scouts are recruited).
    There simply is no skirting the rules. At first, as a participating adult, one feels insulted by these rules. But when your child is off with a group of people, it's helpful to know these rules are in place.
    as for the water gun's.. it's a little over the top.
    My son is in scouts. While it's not 'perfect', it helps him to learn confidence and leadership skills and to find like minded friends.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    FYI From the keyboard of the head of the Crossroads of America Council of the BSA...

...by the way- CAC proudly supports the use of water balloons and squirt guns- keep having fun

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    What a joke, no way I would allow my son to join such a joke of a organization!

It is really sad to see this group tanking the way it has in the past couple of years. Miguel Jr and I bailed on them, sadly. And Mini Miguel never made it in.

To those who say we should have stayed and fought the good fight, I have to respectfully disagree. We did stay and attempt to fight until BSA itself rolled on the "orientation o' scouts" issue. If they are going to ban water guns, how long do you fellas think the shooting merit badges are going to last?

Honestly, glad my boy dropped out, this is pathetic...

And make sure you wear saftey classes in the shower...that water can put an eye out...
    so instead, teach your sons to be quitters!?
    Both of my daughters earned their Gold Awards in GSA and is a positive part of their resumes!
    They are both adult lifetime members and my youngest is a troop leader.
    they might not agree with every decision and policy, but I can attest that scouting has been (and continues to be) a great part of our lives!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

It is really sad to see this group tanking the way it has in the past couple of years. Miguel Jr and I bailed on them, sadly. And Mini Miguel never made it in.

To those who say we should have stayed and fought the good fight, I have to respectfully disagree. We did stay and attempt to fight until BSA itself rolled on the "orientation o' scouts" issue. If they are going to ban water guns, how long do you fellas think the shooting merit badges are going to last?

Terrible idea. Do girl scouts allow male leaders? Right.
    yes they do. Is that a problem?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

As they still do.
    my daughter (the troop leader) had a camp out for her second graders at my house. There had to be at least two adult leaders present.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Assuming a male girlscout leader is going to molest little girls is as stupid and presumptuous as assuming a gay boy scout leader is going to molest little boys. Gay does not equal child molester. You people need to get that through your thick skulls. I have friends, male and female, who are gay and they would kill a child molester just as fast as you would. There are two different lines here, being sexually attracted to members of the same sex, and being sexually attracted to children. Being wired in a way that makes you cross one of those lines does not make you wired to cross the other by default. This comes down to a matter of who is being harmed, in the matter of homosexuality, there is not harm, because the two parties involved are both consenting adults, and why do you care what two consenting adults do, when it doesn't effect you? Child molesters have no reason to be here, and should literally be exterminated. Its sad, because we dont chose who we are attracted to, and they really cant help the feelings anymore than you can when you see a pretty girl. But there attraction involves children who are not consenting and are not adults, so if they are not capable of allowing the reasoning side of their brain to keep them from acting on the impulses coming from the deep, primitive part of their brain, what can you do short of just getting rid of them all? Honestly, liberalism is a far greater risk to the scouts that gays are. If you think homosexuality IS liberalism, then you just dont get it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When Scouts Canada removed the restriction on gay and atheist leaders, they lost 54% of their membership in just under 10 years. When the BSA does the same thing the exodus will be even faster. The vast majority of scouting units are chartered by churches in the USA. The LDS church is #1 followed by the Methodist and then Catholic churches. The current president of the BSA Mr. Dr. Robert Gates, is urging the BSA to allow the individual charter organizations to define who can and can not be a leader...thus removing the legal storm cloud from the national program and putting it on the backs of the chartering organizations. The CO's will dump charters like they contain dirty diapers...there won't be enough new CO's to fill the gap.

Either way the boys lose out.

Top Bottom