• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Maybe we should just support a new organization- The Scouts of America. Boys, girls, rainbow colors, & questionable adults. We could dance around the campfire, smoke weed, and sing "special" songs. We could also ask for additional federal funding for Planned Parenthood, Abortions, and Sex offender registries.

Co-ed camping would have been a real experience back in my BSA days. I'm not sure this whole issue/movement is a positive for our kids, or our country.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I`ll preface this by saying, you`re entitled to your opinion, and there appear to be many who share your perspective.

Now, I`m entitled to my opinion as well, and mine is this: So called, "gay marriage" does indeed harm America, as does anything, including divorce and adultery, which harm traditional marriage. Not only is traditional marriage the cornerstone of a stable, wholesome, productive society, it is ordained by the Lord, and is His Plan for society. Loose marriages, unwed mothers, teen mothers, ALL have led us to the place where we are in society today, by weakening, and attempting to destroy traditional marriage and the traditional family. Look what it`s already cost us in the fiscal sense, with the high, and climbing costs of law-enforcement, criminal courts, prosecution, and incarceration, never mind the human suffering. All because of the near destruction of the traditional family in which one woman, and one man rear their children to respect authority, work hard to provide for themselves, and contribute to society. The so called, "gay marriage" is even more than just one more bolt pulled out of the frame of traditional marriage, since it`s part of a broader sickness, that encourages children, who have no concept of what sexuality even means, to believe that they are different than what their God-given DNA tells them they are.

We live in evil times, where lawlessness is the norm, and people freely and openly mock God, Gods` Word tells us, He will not be mocked. As Thomas Jefferson said:

Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever.

How has gay marriage harmed anyone or anything?

Gay people don't engage in "traditional" marriage and neither add to, detract from or interfere with people who do. The gay people I know, married or otherwise, are, as you put it, "stable, wholesome and productive."

Near destruction of the traditional family? That institution seems to me to be thriving. Straight people who want to get married and raise kids are still doing it. Gays don't interfere with that nor have I ever seen the slightest indication that they want to.

No one needs to "encourage" a child to recognize that they are different. They know it.

Not all of us out here are christians. Nothing is ordained for me by "the Lord."

My philosophy toward the activity of others is simple: I don't hurt anyone who isn't trying to hurt me.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Like gay marriage this is much ado about nothing. Thousands of gay people are married now and the fabric of the country is unchanged and will stay that way.

Transgenderism is no more a mental illness than being gay, and the gay people I know KNEW they were gay very early in life. I have no doubt that these transgender kids are the same. I don't know why some people are born this way nor do I care. I dealt with enough of them on the job to know that they are born this way and don't choose it.

There will a flurry of activity about this until the news media is tired of it. A tiny number of these transgender kids will join the scouts.

They will harm no one and change nothing.

Gender Dysphoria Sorry, you are incorrect, it is actually a mental health issue with diagnosis criteria. Unfortunately it is one that has been politicized to promote and push an agenda to such an extent that even attempting to treat it would likely end up with the psychologist losing his or her license. You're also completely wrong that no harm will come from it, great harm(in the form of suicide) will come to many of those so afflicted that are unable to receive the help they need.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How has gay marriage harmed anyone or anything?

Gay people don't engage in "traditional" marriage and neither add to, detract from or interfere with people who do. The gay people I know, married or otherwise, are, as you put it, "stable, wholesome and productive."

Near destruction of the traditional family? That institution seems to me to be thriving. Straight people who want to get married and raise kids are still doing it. Gays don't interfere with that nor have I ever seen the slightest indication that they want to.

No one needs to "encourage" a child to recognize that they are different. They know it.

Not all of us out here are christians. Nothing is ordained for me by "the Lord."

My philosophy toward the activity of others is simple: I don't hurt anyone who isn't trying to hurt me.

I explained my position already. If you`ve read it, you know the answers to the questions you asked. Obviously, we will disagree, because clearly, you`re dug into your position, as I am in mine. Perversion is not a right, and I am not obligated to accept or embrace it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My question to this whole thing is, exactly how in tune with themselves are 8,9, and ten year old kids? Are there that many kids in that age group in either scout organizations that truly understand what being "transgendered" really mean? Or is this more of the scouting organizations preemptively heading off lawsuits from parents looking for other-than noble reasons to sue. My child recently revealed they are transgendered and they are 20.

We're looking at this the wrong way. Let the kids in, ban the parents

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    After decades in scouting I stepped out a few years ago.

It is sad and disheartening to see American institutions infected with diversity, political correctness and the evil, convoluted agenda of the left. There are people who claim that they use these intrusions as a vehicle of equality and justice, but just the opposite is true. They use these vehicles as a means to oppress and silence those with opposing values.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Gender Dysphoria Sorry, you are incorrect, it is actually a mental health issue with diagnosis criteria. Unfortunately it is one that has been politicized to promote and push an agenda to such an extent that even attempting to treat it would likely end up with the psychologist losing his or her license. You're also completely wrong that no harm will come from it, great harm(in the form of suicide) will come to many of those so afflicted that are unable to receive the help they need.
    I dont see this as being the same as a transgendered person. This describes it as someone who has significant mental distress due to the situation. The transgendered people I know are quite comfortable and sane.

Second Part. Are the Boy Scouts a private entity? If so, as long as what they do does not harm others then they can have whatever rules they want. Couldn't care less. Are you mad that boys cant join the Girl Scouts. Then change it. Use your child for your agenda and make them the poster boy for selling cookies (its the only thing that I know about the Girl Scouts). and Gregr, saying "infected with diversity" makes you seem so closed minded and scared.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There is an alternative. If I had boys coming up in this time, I would not sign my kids up for the Scouts. They get enough of the secular/humanist sort of influence out in the world that I have a hard enough trouble countering. I would not sign them up for another such influence when the are alternatives.

I don't doubt there are confused kids out there. It's easy to dismiss and/or condemn when your're talking about objects. But when actual people are involved, when you're looking someone in the eye, it's different. My kids would get correction and parental guidance from me, all the way up to professional help, if necessary. I love them too much to let them suffer those sort of problems. Others are free to do as they wish. We should be free to choose whether or not to affirm their decisions.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I dont see this as being the same as a transgendered person. This describes it as someone who has significant mental distress due to the situation. The transgendered people I know are quite comfortable and sane.

Second Part. Are the Boy Scouts a private entity? If so, as long as what they do does not harm others then they can have whatever rules they want. Couldn't care less. Are you mad that boys cant join the Girl Scouts. Then change it. Use your child for your agenda and make them the poster boy for selling cookies (its the only thing that I know about the Girl Scouts). and Gregr, saying "infected with diversity" makes you seem so closed minded and scared.

THERE`s what I was waiting for...values equals closed mindedness...

We are in a battle for our childrens hearts, minds, and souls. If we allow them to be indoctrinated into the evil and filth all around us, we lose them, we lose the nation. We`re already on an accelerated downhill slide into a cesspool, of "inclusion and tolerance", and many want to accelerate our destruction even further.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland

We are in a battle for our childrens hearts, minds, and souls. If we allow them to be indoctrinated into the evil and filth all around us, we lose them, we lose the nation. We`re already on an accelerated downhill slide into a cesspool, of "inclusion and tolerance", and many want to accelerate our destruction even further.

Teaching children that some people are different but nevertheless deserving of respect is not the same as "indoctrinating" them into evil and filth.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    My poor boys just want to go camping and learn how to cook over a campfire with their friends. Why can't just ONE single thing be normal anymore?

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield

Values are not equal to closed-mindedness. Referring to diversity as an infection is. You are more than free to believe what you want. You love the Bible and adhere to it's teaching, awesome. Don't use it a backdrop for intolerance though. We see what using religion as a vehicle for hate does all over the world. Why does it have to be us vs them. In any context. Why is it just not Us? As a people as an entire race. Who cares if someone is gay or someones child thinks he might be a she. How does that interfere in your life? It might make you upset, or it might make you have a conversation with your child on the topic. But did it harm you? Or was it just different than what you think? I truly want to know how inclusion and tolerance have led us towards destruction. I get that you may view some lifestyle choices as a cesspool, but they are in no way destructive towards us a population.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My poor boys just want to go camping and learn how to cook over a campfire with their friends. Why can't just ONE single thing be normal anymore?

The young fellers need an opportunity to learn about some alternative lifestyles that you may not expose them too.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Well because. It just can't. The sexually confused progressives have infiltrated and now the BSA is like a freshly used outhouse...it stinks and no one wants to stay in there. Good bye BSA.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Values are not equal to closed-mindedness. Referring to diversity as an infection is. You are more than free to believe what you want. You love the Bible and adhere to it's teaching, awesome. Don't use it a backdrop for intolerance though. We see what using religion as a vehicle for hate does all over the world. Why does it have to be us vs them. In any context. Why is it just not Us? As a people as an entire race. Who cares if someone is gay or someones child thinks he might be a she. How does that interfere in your life? It might make you upset, or it might make you have a conversation with your child on the topic. But did it harm you? Or was it just different than what you think? I truly want to know how inclusion and tolerance have led us towards destruction. I get that you may view some lifestyle choices as a cesspool, but they are in no way destructive towards us a population.

The real problem is that a big part of society has become so open minded, that their brains have fallen out.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Teaching children that some people are different but nevertheless deserving of respect is not the same as "indoctrinating" them into evil and filth.

Some people ARE different and deserve no respect. Why is it the leftie progressive sexually confused can tolerate anything but someone that disagrees with them? Not true? Well it sure feels that way and after all, aren't feelings so much more important than reality?

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Well because. It just can't. The sexually confused progressives have infiltrated and now the BSA is like a freshly used outhouse...it stinks and no one wants to stay in there. Good bye BSA.
    Why can't they go out and have fun with friends still? Is it because YOU don't want them to be friends with a gay person? Do you think a kid cares if someone is gay or not? Are they having fun with, cause thats what a kid cares about in a situation like that. I don't understand the idea that inclusion=degradation of values.

Top Bottom