• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Why can't they go out and have fun with friends still? Is it because YOU don't want them to be friends with a gay person? Do you think a kid cares if someone is gay or not? Are they having fun with, cause thats what a kid cares about in a situation like that. I don't understand the idea that inclusion=degradation of values.

i agree with you 100%...you DON'T understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Some people ARE different and deserve no respect. Why is it the leftie progressive sexually confused can tolerate anything but someone that disagrees with them? Not true? Well it sure feels that way and after all, aren't feelings so much more important than reality?

The only ones that deserve no respect are the ones who prey upon others. No one I know who is different from the sexual norm falls into that category.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Some people ARE different and deserve no respect. Why is it the leftie progressive sexually confused can tolerate anything but someone that disagrees with them? Not true? Well it sure feels that way and after all, aren't feelings so much more important than reality?
    I can tolerate you not liking a differing opinion. I can tolerate you hating a sect of people because they have different values. I couldn't tolerate you taking action to physically harm someone beacuse of those views. You are allowed to have your views. they are allowed to be different. Don't mistake questioning your beliefs and why you have them as not tolerating them, that is just a cop out

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    To me, this seems that people are focusing on sexuality as the defining characteristic of a person. That's been done in the past with other issues; Women could not vote because vagina. Black people could not participate in society because lesser being/less-than-human/too much melanin/three-fifths compromise/Dred Scott, Native Americans had to go to reservations because PROGRESS!!1!!!

Now it's LGBTQ-OMGWTFSHTFBBQ, and people don't want "them" to participate because everyone who is gay is a cho-mo and all they want is to indoctrinate our children into their weird sexual practices. While there may be some of whom that's true, I don't want a Scout leader discussing his/her sexuality with my hypothetical kid no matter if that person is straight, gay, or into bikers wearing diapers chasing nuns who dress like sheep.

There is a famous posting that was based pretty solidly in "morality", posted below:
    rules4teachers1872.png

ETA: Found another, 43 years later:
    rules4teachers1915.png

At that time, it seems that a teacher who married was considered unfit to teach children-if that teacher was female. Male teachers were allowed time to court, doubled if they went to church regularly. I'm guessing that the church in question would have to display a cross as well, no Jews need apply. That last is, however, only a guess and I don't have any info to back it up.

Rules that forbid people based on facets of their behavior, solely because of what others think of those facets, even if not displayed, are the problem here.

The stereotypical fill-in-group-here leader, in all his WASPish glory, could well enjoy S&M, whips and chains, consensually, with his wife, in the privacy of their bedroom... and no one need ever know this. As long as he doesn't include any aspect of that in his leadership of the group, it should not be a factor, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Seems to me that the simplest solution to this is to just stop having boy scouts and girl scouts and just have SCOUTS.

I've been shaved in a barber shop...twice. Probably explains why I'm such a deviant.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Teaching children that some people are different but nevertheless deserving of respect is not the same as "indoctrinating" them into evil and filth.

Ahhh, semantics. Teaching kids to respect others is wonderful. Teaching kids that some differences are a part of life is to teach them to be compassionate. To teach them that perversion is normal and that to disagree with that is hateful IS indoctrination into filthiness and evil.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Seems to me that the simplest solution to this is to just stop having boy scouts and girl scouts and just have SCOUTS.

I've been shaved in a barber shop...twice. Probably explains why I'm such a deviant.

Actually the simplest solution to this is to cease forcing deviants and perverts on our children and their activities.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Ahhh, semantics. Teaching kids to respect others is wonderful. Teaching kids that some differences are a part of life is to teach them to be compassionate. To teach them that perversion is normal and that to disagree with that is hateful IS indoctrination into filthiness and evil.

And who gets to define perversion?

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

Why should BSA have to change? Just start a new organization that follows the new guidelines and let the boys scouts do their thing.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    And who gets to define perversion?

The fact that this is a legitimate and common question is disturbing. It is indicative that, as a society, we have lost all moral direction. Every bad choice made is based on prior circumstance and there can be no consequences. There IS a moral standard that, a long time ago, we all agreed upon.

Top Bottom