• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I also agree that "it's far from over". I'm curious as to what led them to withdraw the request for comments. To try to discern the reason for the retraction would certainly be speculation .... but that doesn't keep me from being curious !

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I also agree that "it's far from over". I'm curious as to what led them to withdraw the request for comments. To try to discern the reason for the retraction would certainly be speculation .... but that doesn't keep me from being curious !

As of this evening, more than 48,000 comments had been entered in the Federal Register objecting to the arbitrary and subjective nature of the ATF’s proposed classification of pistols equipped with stabilizing braces.

Yesterday, 90 members of Congress sent a letter to ATF Interim Director Regina Lombardo noting that the ATF’s proposed guidance was anything but objective and could put law-abiding Americans in potential legal jeopardy.

But TTAG has learned that the final straw that persuaded the ATF to back down and withdraw the guidance was serious pressure applied by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. A call took place over the weekend involving a number of firearms industry companies and McConnell’s office.

McConnell’s subsequent involvement in the matter, along with fast and furious (to coin a phrase) activism from the gun rights community in opposition to the ATF’s proposed move were what resulted in this evening’s win.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/b...istol-brace-objective-factors-classification/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A lot of younger gun owners voted jo jorg based on bumpstocks, take the guns first, when your a republican they let you do it, and saying I don't like them talking about suppressors. He lost enough base to lose. Has he stick with the hpa and told wlp to get bent over the request to review bumpstocks his numbers would have been big
    Jo Jorgensen got 1.9M votes. I don’t think that made any significant difference. The bumpstock thing didn’t hurt Trump in any significant way. Most people don’t give a ****.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Jo Jorgensen got 1.9M votes. I don’t think that made any significant difference. The bumpstock thing didn’t hurt Trump in any significant way. Most people don’t give a ****.

Taking half of her votes in Nevada would have won.
    Half of her votes in WI would have won.
    1/3 of her GA votes would have won
    1/5 of AZ votes would have won

He abandoned his young gun base and they went 3rd party just to be heard.

This is why we need to let our congressmen know to keep fighting to restore our rights and earn the trust of the young gun vote again. Even with the atf backing out of their latest brace attack they won't stop as long as Lombardo is at the helm.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did pence sign it?
    I dont see his name.

Only Bucshon and Banks at my quick scan. Cant search by name because the copy I have is an image not a document.

the rest deserve a letter.

Actually they ALL deserve a letter. either a thank you or a "what were you thinking?"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's cute that you think that not liking the bloat and corruption of the NRA equals being anti-gun.

There are a few ways to go about reforming the NRA, it isn't cute that so many self proclaimed 2A people are on board with doing it the way the anti-gun forces wanted.

In the zeal to reform the NRA look to see who your allies are, they likely are not on your side, just using you to weaken their competition...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    There are a few ways to go about reforming the NRA, it isn't cute that so many self proclaimed 2A people are on board with doing it the way the anti-gun forces wanted.

Like what? I haven't read every post on INGO, but I'm pretty sure most of us just don't want to send them any more money while they keep WLP around. That's a whole different planet than "the NRA kills kids!" like the banners mindlessly moan on about.

I'm a life member. If they ditch WLP for someone better I'll step up to endowment. Until then, me and my money patiently await the reformation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Like what? I haven't read every post on INGO, but I'm pretty sure most of us just don't want to send them any more money while they keep WLP around. That's a whole different planet than "the NRA kills kids!" like the banners mindlessly moan on about.

I'm a life member. If they ditch WLP for someone better I'll step up to endowment. Until then, me and my money patiently await the reformation.

That is exactly what the anti's wanted. No money to help elect Trump, no money to get senators elected, no money to get the attention of the elected officials we must keep in line to hold the line. The politicians know the NRA cannot turn out the vote for or against them now they once could, there were other options but the anti's manipulated the purity sentiment in many members and the organization may never recover.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That is exactly what the anti's wanted. No money to help elect Trump, no money to get senators elected, no money to get the attention of the elected officials we must keep in line to hold the line. The politicians know the NRA cannot turn out the vote for or against them now they once could, there were other options but the anti's manipulated the purity sentiment in many members and the organization may never recover.

And all of that goes away if the NRA cleans house and puts Wayne out on his ass. The future of the NRA rests with the NRA.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    And all of that goes away if the NRA cleans house and puts Wayne out on his ass. The future of the NRA rests with the NRA.

Facts. If the nra were a serious gun advocacy group they would clean house like wounded warrior did. The anti 2a crowd had nothing to do with the nra falling out of favor. Nra executive greed, anti 2a initiatives in concealed carry, and finally the bumpstock rollover did a good enough job losing support from genx and younger. The 40 and under crowd expects an about face and a lockstep no negotiation approach. As the nra loses ground with younger voters they lose ground with politicians. Standing loud and proud, using msm contracts to get ila ppl on cable news fighting for braces would have helped, but they didn't. Maybe they have lost enough credibility that even fox won't give them a segment though.

Top Bottom