• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    FTR, there are a couple employees who spend the majority of their time at B2, and a couple who work either location as needed. Lisa, my boss, is the manager for the entire company, but spends most of her time at B2 and is responsible for day-to-day operations on that side of the house, where I am responsible for day-to-day operations at B1.

I'll admit this up front, I've only been to Bradis once. I bought an M&P when they were on sale due to the price and the fact they had one in stock when I wanted it and during the limited time I was able to go get it. I drove from Randolph County a couple miles away from Ohio to go there to get it. I've heard lots of good things about the shop and wanted to check it out for myself. After I looked around a bit I found the M&P I was after and bought it. There were no problems with any of the staff but it felt more like buying something from Wal-Marx than the friendly shop I read about online.

After the sale we walked over to Bradis ll to check it out. There was lots of ammo and surplus stuff to be had. We spent about an hour looking at everything before we checked out with our purchases. We both CC'ed the entire time. While we were there it seemed to be a much different atmosphere, felt like we were being watched to make sure we didn't do something wrong or didn't try to steal anything. My friend even asked me if I felt that way too before we made it out of the parking lot.

There was quite a bit that my wife would like in Bradis ll as she's a surplus junkie as well. Due to the distance involved we haven't made it back yet. Upon reading this entire thread from the day it started through all the name changes and moves and seeing some of your responses my question to you is,

Has this been discussed and confirmed with the employee in question and what is/has been done to correct it. Or is it accepted policy to yell at customers. Considering I drove 2 1/2 hours one way to check our your store I want to know what to expect before I do it again.

:popcorn:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So, you don't go to Bradis, but you will refuse to go there until an official explanation is given? Why would they care about you boycotting them since you don't even shop there?

I would think Bradis would be just as "stand up" about this as they have in the past. Hopefully the OP will report back if anything happens.
    I'm glad to see you sticking up for your buddies. I've been a bradis customer for many many years. Probably longer than you. Recently another shop or two meets my expectations and needs better so i choose to go there. So no special trips to bradis for me anymore. That doesn't mean that if i was in the area i wouldn't stop by. But now I think ill pass. Go dogpile someone else que

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Exactly what has changed with Bradis over the last couple of years? Everyone has known about the sign, It's been there as long as I have been going there, so that can't be it. I believe it is common knowledge that you get great customer service in I and not so much in II. So everything remains as it has. This shop has won the INGO shop of the year two years running. I am confused, since nothing really has changed, how all of these issues are just now worthy of contempt?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why does the title keep changing? It went to -10 bradis II to bradis II to Bradis II not gun friendly.

I'm guessing the Mods are trying to walk the line between enforcing a known rule and keeping the whiny conspiracy-theory INGOers content. I don't miss that part of the job.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If you don't trust me with a holstered gun, you shouldn't sell me one.
    Intriguing observation. Here's a question; Does this store in question allow you to buy a gun and ammo for it at the same time? Do you get to walk it out to your vehicle by yourself?

I've never been to Brady's cause its not in my neck of the woods but I remember a recent thread very similar to this one. I think it's awesome that almost everyone in this thread is eating popcorn while there are 5 threads multiple pages long about a COFFEE shop that allows but discourages carry. Where is the outrage? Why is Starbucks held to a higher standard than a gunshop? Where are the boycotts? The nasty letter campaign? This is the INGO gun shop of the year and you can't even carry there?
    Wow. What a great comparison!

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    If it is a business policy that you don't like, then go ahead and never go back. If it is one employees attitude that offends, then don't deal with that employee. Those signs will not stop CC, but maybe that business doesn't agree with OC. Spend your money where you want, that's what I do.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Just a point of SOP here-- but when I was a Mod it was our policy to not allow any "-1 Gun Shop" or "+1 Gun Shop" titles in this subforum. The title had to simply have the gun store's name listed. If this practice wasn't followed by the thread-starter, we would correct the title.

So you would notice such a change with ANY "-1 Gun Shop" thread, not just the one you referenced.

Here is the rule for you that keep score: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.html

Thanks for the link but the one I'm thinking of was end of February this year, had no + or minus, and was titled something like "Really Bradis?" and is now titled just "Bradis". The OP had what I would classify as a misunderstanding about a policy and it turned ugly pretty quickly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm gonna have to get back up to Bradis' again soon.
    Sounds like there'll be a lot of elbow room and some great deals with all this hater talk going on, eh? :rolleyes:

And you'll stop by Starbucks for double shot expresso.

Actually, I'm probably not gonna hang out at any high volume business what would fail to address firearms safety issues.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the link but the one I'm thinking of was end of February this year, had no + or minus, and was titled something like "Really Bradis?" and is now titled just "Bradis". The OP had what I would classify as a misunderstanding about a policy and it turned ugly pretty quickly.

Right-- just "Bradis", as the rule would indicate. Titles in this subforum should only have the shop's name, nothing else. No question marks, exclamation points, no "+1" or "-1", etc.

When Fenway implemented the policy in '08, he wanted to give folks a place to discuss local shops (both the good and the bad), but he also wanted people to read the entire stories, rather than simply do a search and compare the number of "+1s" to "-1s". I think he wanted to give the Hoosier shops the benefit of the doubt.

It isn't a new rule and there have been many other non-compliant thread titles that have been changed over the years. Just because Bradis was voted "Gun Shop of the Year" by INGO members doesn't mean they are exempt from folks discussing them.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Right-- just "Bradis", as the rule would indicate. Titles in this subforum should only have the shop's name, nothing else. No question marks, exclamation points, no "+1" or "-1", etc.

When Fenway implemented the policy in '08, he wanted to give folks a place to discuss local shops (both the good and the bad), but he also wanted people to read the entire stories, rather than simply do a search and compare the number of "+1s" to "-1s". I think he wanted to give the Hoosier shops the benefit of the doubt.

It isn't a new rule and there have been many other non-compliant thread titles that have been changed over the years. Just because Bradis was voted "Gun Shop of the Year" by INGO members doesn't mean they are exempt from folks discussing them.

1) The OP was not in the "Good Bad & Ugly" section, it was moved here, and the title other than the -10 part, was not against the rules of the section where it first appeared.

2) The OP is not about a gun shop, it is about a shop that "ONLY" sells shooting supplies and surplus gear, and in my opinion the thread is now in the wrong section.

3) If this thread belongs in this section because of the word Bradis, then why are threads about Dicks, Gander Mountain, Rural King, and Wal-Mart not all moved to this section? All of those stores actually sell guns, where Bradis II does not.

I have more that I could, but will not add, and only am responding because for the second time in this thread esrice has pointed out rules that did not apply to OP in the section where it was originally posted, and where I feel it should still be located.

I have to say that so far, the mod(s) have been more than fair in the way they have treated this thread, and I am doing my best to not post anyting in it that would get removed completely.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    1) The OP was not in the "Good Bad & Ugly" section, it was moved here, and the title other than the -10 part, was not against the rules of the section where it first appeared.

Just because you put it somewhere else, doesn't mean it was the correct place. As the OP reads, it belongs in this section per Mod SOP.

2) The OP is not about a gun shop, it is about a shop that "ONLY" sells shooting supplies and surplus gear, and in my opinion the thread is now in the wrong section.

That's splitting hairs. For this intent and purpose, Bradis II would fall under a "gun shop".

3) If this thread belongs in this section because of the word Bradis, then why are threads about Dicks, Gander Mountain, Rural King, and Wal-Mart not all moved to this section? All of those stores actually sell guns, where Bradis II does not.

If there is a review about a specific Dicks, Gander Mtn, Rural King, etc, then yes, it does belong here. If the discussion is in regards to broader corporate policy of said stores, then it would not belong here.

I have more that I could, but will not add, and only am responding because for the second time in this thread esrice has pointed out rules that did not apply to OP in the section where it was originally posted, and where I feel it should still be located.

I helped draft many of the policies that INGO still operates under, thread placement being one of them. I no longer have the ability to edit any thread, but I can help folks better understand those policies.

I have to say that so far, the mod(s) have been more than fair in the way they have treated this thread, and I am doing my best to not post anyting in it that would get removed completely.

They've been more than fair, as at this point they've bent the rules and allowed part of your thread title to remain. Why? I don't know.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Having taken the day off, the wife and I decided to hit all of the LGS's in search of a new EDC for her because she has been having trouble with the grip width on her PT140 due to her small hands and carpel tunnel. I was OC my SR1911 Commander, and we started out our search at the stores with ranges to see if there was anything in their rental fleet that suited her. At one of the stops she was able to rent a gun she really liked, but the shop didn't have one in stock, so we continued our search, but now with a specific item in mind. Our 4th stop of the day was Bradis I, and just like the first 3 stops, I got a few comments about the "Body piercing by: Model 1911" Tshirt I was wearing, but no one said anything other than what model 1911 is that you are carrying. They happened to have the gun we were looking for, a Taurus 709, in the case, so after looking it over and getting a trade price offer on her PT140 pro, we decided to walk over to Bradis II and look around while we talked over the impending purchase, since I had cash in pocket, and was planning on buying the gun if she really wanted it. Shortly after entering Bradis II, a man behind the counter ask if my 1911 was loaded, and when I replied yes, he "told", not ask, me to go and unload it. When I replied that I do not unholster or handle my firearm in public for any reason, he told me to "GET OUT", so we left Bradis II got in our car, went to another store, and purchased a new Taurus 709 EDC for my wife.

Yes I did see the no loaded gun sign, it looked a lot like the rest of the ones I had already seen today including the one on the door of Bradis I where I was planning on making a purchase.

Yes I get it, your store, your rules, and I complied. But considering it is a 30 minute drive past other stores in the first place, I will not be back.

For anyone carrying and shopping at Bradis I, don't go over to Bradis II, because you will be ordered to get out.

Good for you. Vote with your wallet.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    So where is the answer from Bradis about this occurrence? Shooter521, has posted twice in this thread so the company is aware of it and it deserves a response. If this event did occur like the OP said and some serious correction has not occurred then a boycott of Bradis would be the correct response of INGO members. I will not be giving the entire business any money or a positive comment in the future to potential customers if I don't hear some kind of correction or statement from Bradis.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I will not be giving the entire business any money or a positive comment in the future to potential customers if I don't hear some kind of correction or statement from Bradis.

I have spoken to the employee involved, as well as another employee who was there and witnessed the exchange, and they paint a somewhat different picture of how things went down. I was not there, so I am not going to take sides. The facts are that the OP was in violation of the store's posted policy, refused to unload when given the option, and was told to leave as a result. If the employee treated the OP in a less than professional manner, I am truly sorry; we always strive to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated AS a customer, but sometimes we fall short of that goal.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have spoken to the employee involved, as well as another employee who was there and witnessed the exchange, and they paint a somewhat different picture of how things went down. I was not there, so I am not going to take sides. The facts are that the OP was in violation of the store's posted policy, refused to unload when given the option, and was told to leave as a result. If the employee treated the OP in a less than professional manner, I am truly sorry; we always strive to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated AS a customer, but sometimes we fall short of that goal.
    So your store policy is to have people unload their loaded firearm if it is loaded when they come in the store? I just want to be clear here. I realize you have the sign on the door like most shops but if a person does not follow it then they will be told to go unload their firearm?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom