• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    "We don't allow weapons in here at all," said Larry Niehaus, owner of Broad Ripple Pub. "I don't think any problem gets solved with loaded handguns, especially in an area where alcohol is the source of enjoyment."

This was the owners quote on the Indy Channel website this afternoon. My Quad-annual visits just stopped.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just to clarify, I've alwaqys called this place the Broad Ripple Tavern. If there is a Broad Ripple Pub could someone let me know so that I boycott the right establishment.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    "We don't allow weapons in here at all," said Larry Niehaus, owner of Broad Ripple Pub. "I don't think any problem gets solved with loaded handguns, especially in an area where alcohol is the source of enjoyment."

This was the owners quote on the Indy Channel website this afternoon. My Quad-annual visits just stopped.

Simple no guns no business.

I'm sure if this poor fellow was being raped or viciously attacked he might think a firearm could solve that issue. I respect the opinion that guns and booz don't and should not mix but I'm concerned about the treatment of legal lawful safety minded carriers. Should they wait outside? Is it discrimination? I'd say so

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    "We don't allow weapons in here at all," said Larry Niehaus, owner of Broad Ripple Pub. "I don't think any problem gets solved with loaded handguns, especially in an area where alcohol is the source of enjoyment.".
    so does he have a gun in the business? most places like this are known to have one under the bar or in the office...so whats the difference between him or employees having access for protection or just a patron having one? yeah i agree consuming alcohol and carrying a gun could be problematic. but what if its a designated driver type of person/sober non drinking person? i can think of several times when someone was a victim of a bg when they were obeying the no weapon/firearm 'rules'. simply bcuz when the regular honest rule playing people obey the bg dont...before the law passed how many bg's trolled the monon,city parks,etc.

my opinion is this...me having my firearm cc'd should not make any difference to nobody...but it will make it even with the bg:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

That is Larry's Privaleage as the Owner of the Establishment, and I do respect his views. Just as it is My Privaleage to not spend money at his place as well...

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    With the new law on the books about the Firearms Preemption, any private property can make the rules to their own property. Those rules make you subject to a trespassing charge if you violate their rules. I went over this with my state rep and was fairly disappointed. The County Fair grounds had the park posted with"ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS" posted at 2 of the vehicle entrances. With some strange turn of luck, we're screwed if the property is leased by a second group that wishes to post their rules. That's the pre emption law and that's that.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Yes, I am 100% for his right to choose what people can bring onto his property. His business, his rules. I also will not be spending money there as I am not allowed in. BTW, last time I ate at Hooters downtown, I noticed the no guns sign on the door on my way out, oops... guess next time I will eat somewhere else.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nah, they usually exempt us ;)
    His quote sounded pretty clear. Yeah, I know he REALLY meant to add "except the protected class". I suppose you could OC in there for a beer and see what he says.

Just another reason on the list for not visiting Broad Ripple: no parking, terrible traffic (bike lanes? Really?), drunks, crime, over-priced food and drinks, and now business owners who don't even want me there. Fair enough!

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    "especially in an area where alcohol is the source of enjoyment" - Larry Niehaus, owner of Broad Ripple Pub

Does anybody else find this statement to be well...idk..odd? I mean, I have done my fair share of partying and drinking, but to say that alcohol is the source of enjoyment is weird to me. I've yet to go out with friends and focus on alcohol. Seems a bit of an odd statement for a owner of a pub to say. Maybe I'm crazy, but I guess I just like to have a good time with friends whether alcohol is involved or not. Oh well..one more place where I get to save money.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    With the new law on the books about the Firearms Preemption, any private property can make the rules to their own property. Those rules make you subject to a trespassing charge if you violate their rules. I went over this with my state rep and was fairly disappointed. The County Fair grounds had the park posted with"ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS" posted at 2 of the vehicle entrances. With some strange turn of luck, we're screwed if the property is leased by a second group that wishes to post their rules. That's the pre emption law and that's that.

SB292 has nothing to do with privately owned property.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    "especially in an area where alcohol is the source of enjoyment" - Larry Niehaus, owner of Broad Ripple Pub

Does anybody else find this statement to be well...idk..odd? I mean, I have done my fair share of partying and drinking, but to say that alcohol is the source of enjoyment is weird to me. I've yet to go out with friends and focus on alcohol. Seems a bit of an odd statement for a owner of a pub to say. Maybe I'm crazy, but I guess I just like to have a good time with friends whether alcohol is involved or not. Oh well..one more place where I get to save money.
    When I read that yesterday I found it very odd. Almost like a drug dealer looking down on his drug addict customers.

Top Bottom