• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You can only be trespassed if you refuse to leave when asked, if I understand right. Just because a business has a "No guns" sign on the door doesnt mean you can be arrested for entering with a gun.

Depends on the wording of the sign: "Anyone found in possession of a firearm on these premises without the permission of the owner shall be treated as a trespasser." would be hard to argue against. "No guns allowed" is a notice, but not a binding one under the law.

IANAL. TINLA.

^^^^^^
    This. :D

picture.php

ThisFailWins.gif

:D

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    My googlefu showed me that Larry Niehaus is the managing partner at the Broad Ripple Tavern. I have no idea why they are calling it the Broad Ripple Pub.

About « Broadrippletavern's Blog

If you would like to email the tavern with your thoughts on their views:
    Broad Ripple Tavern - Indianapolis, Indiana

Broad Ripple BrewPub has never given me any trouble with OC. Plus they have delicious hand-crafted beers and fantastic scotch eggs. Indy Channel needs to be more careful about this; don't want to give a good business like the brewpub a bad name.

Broad Ripple Brewpub

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think that it is the one on Broad Ripple Ave. The Brew Pub is on 65th street according to the website in the above post. I want to make sure that we are talking about the right place as well. That is why I tried to find clarification with my follow up post. I agree that the Indy Channel caused some confusion.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I think that it is the one on Broad Ripple Ave. The Brew Pub is on 65th street according to the website in the above post. I want to make sure that we are talking about the right place as well. That is why I tried to find clarification with my follow up post. I agree that the Indy Channel caused some confusion.

Correct. This is talking about BR Tavern on BR ave. I've never been there myself.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Broad Ripple BrewPub has never given me any trouble with OC. Plus they have delicious hand-crafted beers and fantastic scotch eggs. Indy Channel needs to be more careful about this; don't want to give a good business like the brewpub a bad name.

Broad Ripple Brewpub

Are we talking about the brewpub or the joint on BR ave that used to be Henry Grattan's?

sc.

Broadripple Brewpub is a very fine establishment. Never had a problem carrying in there. It is NOT the one on Broad Ripple Ave. being referenced.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    It's a shame the door was open and I could NOT see your lame a$$ sign . If they are cool about the way they ask me to leave, I will be cool on the way out. If not , I can be a jerk too (also) (just like you) .

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll never understand why someone would continue to patronize a business that does not respect the Constitution. :dunno:

Heck, I've never understood why someone would continue to go where they are obviously not wanted. Especially when there are PLENTY of other pubs that are just as good (or better), within walking distance, and would LOVE to have your business OC or CC.

Oh, and the Brewpub's Scotch Eggs FTW!!!!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Heck, I've never understood why someone would continue to go where they are obviously not wanted. Especially when there are PLENTY of other pubs that are just as good (or better), within walking distance, and would LOVE to have your business OC or CC.

Exactly. I CC exclusively so it's never been an issue for me, but if I see a sign on the door telling me I'm not welcome, why would I give them my business anyway?

If a business says or does something that you don't like, hit them where it hurts and let them know about it.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I worked at Broad Ripple Tavern for 3 years and worked for Larry for 2 of them.... The Tavern has had a "No Firearms Policy" longer than I worked there but there is an off duty sheriff that OCs in there almost everyday for lunch.... Larry is a managing partner of the Tavern..... Not sole owner..... R.P. Lux is the majority owner of Broad Ripple Tavern, along with Binkley's, The Nickel Plate, The Elbow Room, and Meridian Grille.....

Just CC while in there if you do patronize the Tavern..... I did....... But I won't be returning to the Tavern anymore as all of the employees that I worked with for those 3 years are mostly gone......

ALLEY CAT FTW!!!!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Exactly. I CC exclusively so it's never been an issue for me, but if I see a sign on the door telling me I'm not welcome, why would I give them my business anyway?

If a business says or does something that you don't like, hit them where it hurts and let them know about it.
    Hey, I thought you were going to try OCing into Walmart in Newburgh!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I worked at Broad Ripple Tavern for 3 years and worked for Larry for 2 of them.... The Tavern has had a "No Firearms Policy" longer than I worked there but there is an off duty sheriff that OCs in there almost everyday for lunch.... Larry is a managing partner of the Tavern..... Not sole owner..... R.P. Lux is the majority owner of Broad Ripple Tavern, along with Binkley's, The Nickel Plate, The Elbow Room, and Meridian Grille.....

NECRO BUMP!!!

Apparently nobody was OC-ing in any of these last night!

Broad Ripple-area bar robbed during business hours - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I still cannot fathom why an individual would risk 20 years of their life, for 300 dollars.... actually 100 dollars since it would be split 3 ways.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Desperation

Doubtful, I can see a single individual being desperate enough to do something like this, but not three working together ... you can make more then a hundred dollars working a minimum wage in less than a week.... and it doesn't risk losing you freedom, family, friends for years while you rot in prison....

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Because it's a win win scenario.

Best case scenario you rob everyone, make a ton of money, and get away. Worst case scenario you get no money, get locked up, do a couple years of hard Marion county probation where probation violations are non existent, sue the police for being too aggressive or having bad breath or whatever, then get thousands from the city who settle out of court. Regardless of the scenario you get money with no punishment, and are able to do it all over again! Then you get to reproduce making several dependent deductions that carry on your awesome legacy exponentially into the future.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Because it's a win win scenario.

Best case scenario you rob everyone, make a ton of money, and get away. Worst case scenario you get no money, get locked up, do a couple years of hard Marion county probation where probation violations are non existent, sue the police for being too aggressive or having bad breath or whatever, then get thousands from the city who settle out of court. Regardless of the scenario you get money with no punishment, and are able to do it all over again! Then you get to reproduce making several dependent deductions that carry on your awesome legacy exponentially into the future.

Don't forget the public defender, provided at taxpayer expense. And your child support payments are tolled while you're in stir.

Top Bottom