Buddy of mine help police catch felon after thief wrecks during chase..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Glad he didn't get to the 3 count and have the mope call his bluff.

Your friend could've ended up in a world of legal hurt.

Glad it worked out.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Out-freaking-standing! What's his drink of choice?

He likes a sip of Bourbon every now and again...What's funny is he always has that 629 Backpacker on him.....I remember you and him comparing 44 magnum loads that one day i.e. which one is best out of youralls 44 magnum snubs and all I kept thinking was, "Hey load nerds!!!! It's a 44 magnum so it really doesn't matter which load!!!!"

What's funny is he felt it was important to let INGO know he had 200 hundred grain Speer Gold Dots in his Bulldog instead of the Silvertips that was in the pic of his gun I posted...He can rattle off of his head the ballistics of every .45 ACP, 44 Magnum, 357 Magnum round he shoots...He even does his owns tests...I have a box of 25 .44 magnum loads he made up for me to shoot out of my 4 inch for defensive purposes only...The next time he is in on a Saturday I want to do something for him....He is a good story teller and it will be nice to have a shop full of the regulars and have him recount this incident.....

Balarrison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Columbus
    Absolutely great story!
    Thats one of those things where I always sit and imagine "what if" and how I'd react. Anybody else ever think like that?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As posted above great news!

I would urge a call to the local papers to tell this story of daring deeds.

Here you are preaching to the choir but good news like this needs to be told to all the people so they always hear the good side of the 2A and private citizens owning firearms.

Again, congratulations to your friend!

Regards,

Doug

PS - As an aside we may want to take that award thing a step further. Form an organization that gives out a plaque or award AND has a major press conference after each one. This would give us more of a group movement that tries to bring attention to situations just as this to focus on and illuminate positive uses of personal firearms ownership. Just a thought...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would urge a call to the local papers to tell this story of daring deeds.

The New Albany Tribune ran it....Here is the link..

New Albany homeowner holds theft suspect at gunpoint | News | newsandtribune.com

He is an NRA member and has sent the link to the story with a synopsis to the NRA Armed Citizen already....We may see it in next months issue..I do not know how the NRA decides which ones to run but I would think this is a good example....

Thanks for the kind words Doug...He knows a couple of INGO'ers that frequent the shop and I told him he ought to join INGO and start posting...He said with him being an attorney he did not think he would have time....And I thought how funny that was....Our Attorneys are our most active posters lol....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

New Albany homeowner holds theft suspect at gunpoint | News | newsandtribune.com

He is an NRA member and has sent the link to the story with a synopsis to the NRA Armed Citizen already....We may see it in next months issue..I do not know how the NRA decides which ones to run but I would think this is a good example....

Thanks for the kind words Doug...He knows a couple of INGO'ers that frequent the shop and I told him he ought to join INGO and start posting...He said with him being an attorney he did not think he would have time....And I thought how funny that was....Our Attorneys are our most active posters lol....

That is a very nice article, simple, well written, and to the point. Not a single bit of judgement one way or the other.

It is nice to see a story with good news!

Regards,

Doug

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

:laugh:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just spoke to Garrett.....WAVE 3 is coming by to meet him in the garage to interview him in an hour...Myself or another southern Indiana INGO'er will post the link after the story runs....

He is waiting for approval to post on INGO...INGO handle will be joe Silvertips (a nod to Jay Silverheels and Winchester bullets)....Kirk and Houghmade need another legal eagle to keep them company on INGO and youralls kind words have made him want to be a part of INGO...

He's a great guy and will bring much to the forum...Thank you all again for the kindness you have shown my buddy...We have ran around together for 25 years, fishing, shooting, etc....He's a great guy and I can tell you that his sense of humor will fit right in here on INGO....

Here is the email...

It’s a take on Jay Silverheels, who was Tonto, the sidekick. But let’s face it, a .44 mag. with Silvertips (only in a long barrel) is one of my favorite recipes.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is the story....Garrett was interviewed and I thought he did a great job....

Homeowner holds alleged thief at gunpoint during burglary - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

10482977_G.jpg

10482986_G.jpg

Here is your newest INGO member...Joe Silvertips...

Welcome to INGO Garrett....We have lawyers, guns, and little money........

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Tell Garrett to stop muzzling body parts. See pic above or video.
    I saw the interview last night.
    I told my wife all about the story before it actually come on.
    Sh said "You saw that on the gun forum, huh?

Good interview, but the muzzle control did make me cringe a little.
    Not everyone has had the advantage of Kirk Freemans gentle and friendly tutelage, though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom