Buddy of mine help police catch felon after thief wrecks during chase..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Silvertip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    New Albany
    Gents:
    I'll take several of the comments in sideways order.

1. You guys can handle your guns like a mamby pamby if you'd like . . . personally, one of mine has never gone boom and blown my finger off all by itself with the hammer down, no finger on the trigger. I'll confess that I've even stared right down the barrel to see the hollowpoint down there in the chamber just to sample what the bad guy might be looking at. The thing never went off by itself. I don't do this with witnesses, however, since they'd likely faint. (Yawn).
    2. Thanks for the additional high fives and comments. If more folks carried guns, we'd have less crime, and maybe less criminals.
    3. So, counting to three is going to get me sued. No, sorry, that would not have happened even if I'd gotten to 3 and pulled the trigger on him. See IC 35-41-3-2, which says I can use deadly force to terminate this entry of and attack on my garage as part of the protected area around my home (the curtilage). I counted because I was going to shoot him, and he moved on 2. Good choice, since I was not bluffing. Nothing to call there except an ambulance.
    4. Indy Dave, That's an Iowa Class Battleship with 6 out of 9 16" bore, 67 foot long guns showing in the picture you posted. I wish I could get a revolver in that caliber. My favorite ships in the world. Likely the New Jersey or the Wisconsin. Cheers, pal. You my kinda guy.
    5. Drink of choice is Wild Turkey 101. Had two fingers when the cops left.
    6. So, how fast is the blink of an eye that he could have pulled a gun on me? I will say I didn't take my eyes or gun off of him, and I can tell you that is exactly what I was watching for . . . a quick move to draw a weapon. He'd have been shot 2-3 times by the time he was half-way through his "move" and the rest would be on the way. I might have gotten shot, but he'd be carrying the bulk of the lead. I was very concerned about that problem and was ready. This is one reason I said I'd rather have had the shotgun loaded with slugs and that I now carry the 629 snubby . . . a bit more horsepower to make hits count.
    7. Rick has a few rounds of Winchester .44 Special Silvertip bullets, pulled and loaded in Magnum cases with 10 grains of Unique at about 1100+ fps, a nice light defensive load I made up and gave him, and exactly what Speer does these days (I did it 20 years ago . . .) with the short barrel .44 mag load using the Special bullet (deeper hollowpoint, splats very well). They were so beautiful I never wanted to shoot them.
    8. Here's the incident post-script . . . sign inside the garage I didn't remember I had out at first, said, "NO TRESPASSING. VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT. SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN." I think he read this sign a few times while he was busy stealing and didn't get out of the car initially when I told him to because he thought I was going to shoot him no matter what, only not where the blood would mess up the car. The reporter didn't see the sign, but it's in the video behind me to the right sitting on the window sill. A joke, but this guy didn't know it. I'm going to visit Cody in jail probably next week to have a talk with him and see what's going on with his life to almost end up shot. I'll ask him if he saw the sign and will let you know what he says.

Thanks, Joe

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

"I'm telling you son well it ain't no fun staring straight down a .44"

I think the miscreant is a music aficionado. Did Joe really count to three, or did miscreant ask for three steps?

[video=youtube;SM3jgkChV6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3jgkChV6M[/video]

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Joe Silvertip, I cannot agree with your #1. Being lax with the muzzle isn't a good habit to get into with your finger on or off the trigger. I wouldn't consider anyone who pointed that out to be a namby pamby. There is really no valid justification for it. Other than that kudos.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom