• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Good thread resurrection!

The table continues to serve our shooting needs quite well.

The best thing about this table is also the worst: its heft and weight. We don't move it much, and when we do we use the front-end loader on the tractor. If we were moving it more frequently, I like the idea another INGOer had about mounting some wheels to the front posts so it could be tilted and rolled.

Here are some more recent pictures, after it was fully stained. You will also notice that lovemywoods built a second bench to seat the spotter (duh!).

2qthhme.jpg

sltnk8.jpg

2na70x4.jpg

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Very nice, have time to build me one ?? j/k I don't have to back yard like you do, If I fired a gun in my backyard, the police would be surrounding my house. So, at my backyard, only airgun is good to use for pests.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    These are great pics, they make me miss my Dad. You guys are very lucky to have such a great pops and he is lucky to have you all.

Corey I can honestly say that my overall "firearms experience" would not be the same without him.

You'll get to see our setup in person soon enough!

Indiana Heathen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Great looking set-up you got there.
    Heavy and stable just what you need from a shooting bench.
    I only wish I had my own shooting range to put one on.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    that is an awesome shooting bench, i will have to show the pictures to my dad. he hasn't had a decent shooting bench in a good 10 years. he could make use out of something nice like that if he ever gets the time to get back into reloading for his high power rifles

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    LMW, I appreciated this post since I incorporated some of your design elements into the bench I built that is based off of the design at the Winamac range:yesway:

picture.php

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    I had asked about one on here last week and gotseveral pictures I really liked the way you showed the dimensions of yours I am working on mine now it is patternsd alot like yours THANKS FOR THE PICTURES

coach3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Questions on Plans/Measurements

My name is Dave and I just bought a farm with room to shoot. Am planning to put in a combat pistol range, 25 yard small bore rifle range, 100 and 200 yard rifle range. Your bench plan is by far, the best I have seen. Would/could you share the details of your measurements and plans.

I am somewhat handy but the support angles and the brace angle cuts look to be a bit tricky.

Thanks,

Dave

I am not a computer chat room guy... just trying to get the most from my pre-planning of the project.

db

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Your bench plan is by far, the best I have seen. Would/could you share the details of your measurements and plans.

I've sent a message to the OP so he can come back and hopefully answer your questions.

Am planning to put in a combat pistol range, 25 yard small bore rifle range, 100 and 200 yard rifle range.

The OP and I have also built a similar setup on his property. Check out the below link for details. Good luck!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on/98220-your_backyard_range.html#post1136374

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    My name is Dave and I just bought a farm with room to shoot. Am planning to put in a combat pistol range, 25 yard small bore rifle range, 100 and 200 yard rifle range. Your bench plan is by far, the best I have seen. Would/could you share the details of your measurements and plans.

I am somewhat handy but the support angles and the brace angle cuts look to be a bit tricky.

Thanks,

Dave

Welcome to INGO Coach3! Thanks for reading my post about the shooting bench.

The overall dimensions are given in the original post. I added the angled braces after completing the bench because I'm a bit of an OCD/"Belt-and-suspenders" type (no snarky comments from my forum buddies please! :D) I had the 4x4s around so I cut them at 45 degree angles and lagged them to the bench. In reality, the angle braces probably aren't needed, they just made me feel better.

When I built the bench, I used a few hand sketches. I don't have full plans.

I'd like to help you any way I can. If you're in the Brown County area, you're welcome to take a look at the bench. If there are specific measurements you need, tell me and I'll get them for you as long as you don't ask for a set of detailed construction plans! :)

LMW

Top Bottom