• ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You don't have to disarm at Bradis.
    Depends on who you talk to. Last time I was there (and I do mean the LAST time) the guy was a real jerk about it. That, combined with lots of misinformation from behind the counter and general bad customer service bumped them from one of my top 2 shops, down to the "pay no mind list" along with Dons and Popguns.

In his defense, Mark has always been awesome to deal with. Unfortunately, he's not the only one there.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Depends on who you talk to. Last time I was there (and I do mean the LAST time) the guy was a real jerk about it. That, combined with lots of misinformation from behind the counter and general bad customer service bumped them from one of my top 2 shops, down to the "pay no mind list" along with Dons and Popguns.

In his defense, Mark has always been awesome to deal with. Unfortunately, he's not the only one there.

At both stores, there's a large sign that says you can stay armed, with a loaded gun, as long as it stays in the holster. You have to unload if you intend to try on holsters.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    The OP mentions AR receivers.

I consider it 'good business' if the LGS will do a bulk transfer.
    1- It gets me in the their store.
    2- If I'm there, I'm more likely to purchase something else than from the guy who is worried about getting an extra $10 or $20 per receiver.
    3- It can build good relationships with customers. I'm more likely to call them first if I'm looking for something.

:twocents:

:ingo:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, good for them. It wasn't that way the LAST time I set foot in that shop.

I don't blame you for not liking Bradis due to a bad experience. I have had 2 bad experiences at Plainfield Shooting Supplies, one of them by Bob himself, and I'll never go back there again.

Bradis is a good drive for me, and for me it's worth it, because I like Mark and Dave.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just spoke to my local guy in Elkhart that works from his home. He said he charges $10 per 4473 regardless of how many guns are on the order. He is a retired fireman so that is a plus for me as well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't blame you for not liking Bradis due to a bad experience. I have had 2 bad experiences at Plainfield Shooting Supplies, one of them by Bob himself, and I'll never go back there again.

Bradis is a good drive for me, and for me it's worth it, because I like Mark and Dave.

Old Bob used to be the other in my top 2. I don't go there much anymore either. No bad enough experiences to black list them, but I no longer go out of my way to spend money there either.

Anymore, USDS is my go-to shop for anything, including transfers. Great prices, great service, plus that adorable li'l Chad kid works there!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Too bad Elkhart is so far North.

I just spoke to my local guy in Elkhart that works from his home. He said he charges $10 per 4473 regardless of how many guns are on the order. He is a retired fireman so that is a plus for me as well.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Terre Haute guns does 10$ transfers. Not sure about bulk but they are good guys and not price gougers, so I'm sure they would deal. I won't reveal my source, but my transfers are free. And I can see his place from my back door :rockwoot:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yep this exactly. Except the last part. As far as customer service goes, I'll give him an F too

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    My #1 go to shop is USDS. I've always checked with them before I order anything online which I've only had to do twice now.

Ive also always been treated well by USDS, Plainfield, Elmore's, 500 guns, and Indy Trading Post. Can't say the same with Bradis and BGF. I've only been to BGF once and the issue I had was with the RSO and my brass the issue wouldn't keep me away from when they reopen

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just picked up (5) AR lowers and paid the guy $20 to process all of them. If someone is going to try to charge me "extra" to process one form and make one call just because I bought multiples, they will not see me in their store.

The only difference between buying one and 5 is the extra 2 minutes to write down the serial numbers. Processing transfers is about getting traffic through your store. If you have all the business you want, then why even bother doing them at all?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just picked up (5) AR lowers and paid the guy $20 to process all of them. If someone is going to try to charge me "extra" to process one form and make one call just because I bought multiples, they will not see me in their store.

The only difference between buying one and 5 is the extra 2 minutes to write down the serial numbers. Processing transfers is about getting traffic through your store. If you have all the business you want, then why even bother doing them at all?
    It's only some scratch on paper and 5 minutes worth of worth so why didn't your guy do it for free? Why did he charge you $20?

SUCCESSFUL gun shops, (the kind that stay open), have a lot of **** on their plate! Hire staff to maintain a store and help customers, take time to sign for deliveries and check the mail, then properly sign things in and check for accuracy then secure it in a proper safe that was expensive, and call the customers on a phone line that costs money. Most people don't like working in the dark or by candle under a tent so there is that electricity bill and roof thing that cost money too! Time is valuable.
    My shop of choice (USDS) is already the lowest price in most of the state for transfers ($15). And if you for friendships or even a business relationship, most shops will wen throw in a free transfer here or there. I appreciate having a shop that offers a no BS and friendly environment with great pricing and great people. And $15 for a transfer where they didn't get my money on what I bought is a CHEAP price to pay! Asking for less just makes people seem like a moocher to me.
    but if people wanna trust their multiple lowers sitting in the trunk of some bubba FFL's car or a cabinet in his house just to save what maybe $20 on multiple guns go right ahead. I won't. USDS in greenwood is where I'll be andI'd recommend them to anyone else. A gun shop owned and ran by real good guys who a true shooters with a no BS approach. Call them today and buy a gun! 317-300-8192

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's only some scratch on paper and 5 minutes worth of worth so why didn't your guy do it for free? Why did he charge you $20?
    -I think it's perfectly acceptable and good business to charge for the service of processing a transfer.

My shop of choice (USDS) is already the lowest price in most of the state for transfers ($15).
    -Great price. Very nice.

And if you for friendships or even a business relationship, most shops will wen throw in a free transfer here or there.
    -One of the marks of a great business that develops relationships with their customers. Not just trying to make a sale. This is also nice.

I appreciate having a shop that offers a no BS and friendly environment with great pricing and great people. And $15 for a transfer where they didn't get my money on what I bought is a CHEAP price to pay! Asking for less just makes people seem like a moocher to me.
    -I agree completely.

but if people wanna trust their multiple lowers sitting in the trunk of some bubba FFL's car or a cabinet in his house just to save what maybe $20 on multiple guns go right ahead.
    -I agree. If I am buying multiple guns, especially at different times I expect to pay for the service. Actually I would not continue to transfer firearms to a LGS unless I was a regular customer buying stuff from them. If all I did was use them for transfer, I would feel like a mooch for sure.

I won't. USDS in greenwood is where I'll be andI'd recommend them to anyone else. A gun shop owned and ran by real good guys who a true shooters with a no BS approach. Call them today and buy a gun! 317-300-8192
    -I am not familiar with these guys but I will check them out when I get to Indy and have some time. Sounds like a nice place.

You see, I am no Shakespeare. Therefore I am not really good at conveying my sentiments. And in the absence of body language and voice inflection, things get even worse. I know what I wrote, but I also know what my intent was. And unfortunately for the reader(and myself), they are different at times.

This is why I agree with you even though you were blasting me for my statements.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You see, I am no Shakespeare. Therefore I am not really good at conveying my sentiments. And in the absence of body language and voice inflection, things get even worse. I know what I wrote, but I also know what my intent was. And unfortunately for the reader(and myself), they are different at times.

This is why I agree with you even though you were blasting me for my statements.
    I too am no Shakespeare and didn't mean it as a blast just an opinionated response to the way I read your post as well as others. Nothing personal. I just have a great shop that's taken very good care of me.

Top Bottom