• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Four Season's in Bloomington will do transfers, but I don't know what they will do for quantities over 2. I won't probably ever use them again though as they messed up my past 2 transactions as the staff there is less than satisfactory.

I asked the owner and he will do single transfers after your first for $15 if I recall. The first one is $20. When I asked about multiples he wasn't sure how to answer. He then said he would do two for $35. I didn't bother asking how much for 5. At that point I decided to go to Spencer.

The guys at 4 seasons seemed okay, and I may darken their door again, but they really didn't give me any compelling reason to.

*This is the store run by the Marine who is partnered up with the security father and son team, correct? If not, then disregard my response.

Found out below that I had the wrong place in mind. Sorry about any confusion

Last edited:

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    That's one of my MANY reasons I will never go to Blythes again; I've heard Blythes in Griffith sucks and that Valparaiso is better... that may be true, but Valpo Blythes still sucks. I found a local guy who does custom AR builds, Warrior Arm LLC, who charges only $25. I've gone to him for 2 transfers and with that price, I will go to him again if I ever need another or if I need some AR work done.
    got a name? im willing to drive to valpo to save. also its not just blyhte. debs and cabela as well

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    got a name? im willing to drive to valpo to save. also its not just blyhte. debs and cabela as well
    Warrior Arms is his company/ffl name, but the guy is named John Brubaker. Pretty sure his number is his home phone, as he works out of his house, but if you want I can pm you more information. If you google warrior arms llc though, you should get all of his info including address, phone number, etc.
    His email is John@warrior-arms.com.
    www.warrior-arms.com

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As far as I know there's no one near me (Bedford/Lawrence County area) that only charges one fee per form. Last time I went in with someone and we ordered 6 - paid $25 EACH at Harders. Didn't know it was each item until it was too late. Had I known we wouldn't have sent them there.

$25 each is high!
    I think Carson Arms in Terre Haute did 10 from Palmetto's 10 lowers for $500 deal last winter for like $20 or something, it was cheap. Just as if it was one gun. Just charged for the one form they filled out an nothing more. They may have cut a deal but geesh it would be worth the drive from there to save $100 bucks, especially if you have a kid here in college anyways:D You may try Terre Haute Guns too depending on what Carson tells you over the phone. But they always treat me well there. Well at both really.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    *This is the store run by the Marine who is partnered up with the security father and son team, correct? If not, then disregard my response.

Four Season's-No, the owner's name is Ed and he and his son Tyler are the only ones I would ever deal with.

The store you are thinking of run by the Marine is Bloomington Home & Personal Security.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You see, I am no Shakespeare. Therefore I am not really good at conveying my sentiments. And in the absence of body language and voice inflection, things get even worse. I know what I wrote, but I also know what my intent was. And unfortunately for the reader(and myself), they are different at times.

This is why I agree with you even though you were blasting me for my statements.

That sounded very Shakespearean to me. :yesway:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bailey's Bait and Tackle between Gnawbone and Columbus has always treated me well. Charlie can be a little quirky but $20 for a transfer and close to home he's good for me.. I have done multiples for one price but I'd call him to check on that.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    $25 each is high!
    I think Carson Arms in Terre Haute did 10 from Palmetto's 10 lowers for $500 deal last winter for like $20 or something, it was cheap. Just as if it was one gun. Just charged for the one form they filled out an nothing more. They may have cut a deal but geesh it would be worth the drive from there to save $100 bucks, especially if you have a kid here in college anyways:D You may try Terre Haute Guns too depending on what Carson tells you over the phone. But they always treat me well there. Well at both really.

Wow - that sounds like a hell of a deal. I'll have my son check Carson Arms in Terre Haute.

Haven't heard from Bob's Gun Shop in Spencer yet. He probably doesn't check his e-mail very often.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Four Season's-No, the owner's name is Ed and he and his son Tyler are the only ones I would ever deal with.

The store you are thinking of run by the Marine is Bloomington Home & Personal Security.

Okay, then disregard previous post.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom