• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think aim had them for $39 each.

Will there be a bottom price for this kind of stuff? lol. I mean, really, how cheap can these be sold and everyone still make a little money? I am in manufacturing and it really amazes me how stuff can be sold so cheap when you look at what it takes to get a product in the consumers hand.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Will there be a bottom price for this kind of stuff? lol. I mean, really, how cheap can these be sold and everyone still make a little money? I am in manufacturing and it really amazes me how stuff can be sold so cheap when you look at what it takes to get a product in the consumers hand.

This is my thought also. If someone GAVE me a CNC machine setup to be able to push a button and mill these things out I still cannot imagine being able to produce them for $35 each. Time ordering metal, stocking, serializing, cost of metal, coating/treating...I cannot imagine the paperwork with manufacturing guns....the profit margin has to be pocket change.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, but when you're selling them faster than you can make them, it adds up. Also, these aren't that complex of parts. I think you'd be surprised at what kind of cost they can be produced at in volume.

This is my thought also. If someone GAVE me a CNC machine setup to be able to push a button and mill these things out I still cannot imagine being able to produce them for $35 each. Time ordering metal, stocking, serializing, cost of metal, coating/treating...I cannot imagine the paperwork with manufacturing guns....the profit margin has to be pocket change.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I know Anderson does a lot of OEM work for other brands and stores. So besides making Anderson marked lowers, who knows how many else they are pumping out with different roll marks.

On the note of local transfers, as much as I'd love to give business to a LGS, Aim's $39 (or less) lowers with free shipping and no tax are pretty hard to beat.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    On the note of local transfers, as much as I'd love to give business to a LGS, Aim's $39 (or less) lowers with free shipping and no tax are pretty hard to beat.

This. It's a business transaction to me. I'm not going to need warranty work or service on a stripped lower, so the lowest price gets my business. I do give my preferred places a chance to get my business by price matching, though.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    As far as I know there's no one near me (Bedford/Lawrence County area) that only charges one fee per form. Last time I went in with someone and we ordered 6 - paid $25 EACH at Harders. Didn't know it was each item until it was too late. Had I known we wouldn't have sent them there.

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    There is only one phone call so I don't think these shops want your business. I belong to 2 gun clubs. One club has an FFL that will cut us a break at $15 and he did 2 guns for me. The other club also has an FFL that will do it, but not sure of price. Check out your club memberships if you belong. Has to be a FFL that belongs to each one.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    There is only one phone call so I don't think these shops want your business. I belong to 2 gun clubs. One club has an FFL that will cut us a break at $15 and he did 2 guns for me. The other club also has an FFL that will do it, but not sure of price. Check out your club memberships if you belong. Has to be a FFL that belongs to each one.

Don't know of any gun clubs in the Bedford/Lawrence County area. Lotta Lawrence County folk on here - anyone know of a club with an FFL willing to do a bulk transfer?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Yup,that's him. Call and confirm he will do it though. He was fine with me but I'd feel bad if someone got there to pick up some lowers and he decided to charge for each one.

And if you do it, let me know and we'll meet for coffee near Ellettsville.

Sent him an e-mail to the addy on his website. If he's willing to do a bulk transfer, then I will probably do that after Christmas January/February timeframe.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    It's a little bit of a drive, but there is a shop in Spencer that will do them. I did 5 for one price.

Four Season's in Bloomington will do transfers, but I don't know what they will do for quantities over 2. I won't probably ever use them again though as they messed up my past 2 transactions as the staff there is less than satisfactory.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    what club?

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    are any of these places in nwi? i just transfer at blythes for $50 and it almost kills the deal
    That's one of my MANY reasons I will never go to Blythes again; I've heard Blythes in Griffith sucks and that Valparaiso is better... that may be true, but Valpo Blythes still sucks. I found a local guy who does custom AR builds, Warrior Arm LLC, who charges only $25. I've gone to him for 2 transfers and with that price, I will go to him again if I ever need another or if I need some AR work done.

Top Bottom