• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    I did not check the address another forum member listed in the last day or so. I was talking of the address on the US Hwy 41 that is listed on the website which show up as a UPS Store. I called there (UPS Store) and they refused to give any information for privacy but made it sound like they were rental boxes there also for use. Regardless, I wish this guy would surface and answer some emails.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've bought a total of 1500 pieces of 223 from him this calendar year. Only this last batch took him 3 weeks to get my order to me. But he did respond to my email when I questioned why it was taking so long to ship for an in stock item. He may have come down with an illness or may be in the hospital. Sounds weird that he'd do good business for quite some time then just up and screw people

I did not check the address another forum member listed in the last day or so. I was talking of the address on the US Hwy 41 that is listed on the website which show up as a UPS Store. I called there (UPS Store) and they refused to give any information for privacy but made it sound like they were rental boxes there also for use. Regardless, I wish this guy would surface and answer some emails.

Looks like Sniper was off a little, or had an old address. I agree, with years of good work, it does seem odd. Hope he is OK.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Sorry fellas.... Been so busy with 500 events this week, I haven't been able to check up on things here at INGO. I really hope all is well with him. He takes awhile, but brass has always been top notch. The address I posted was the one he stated was his shop when I had planned to pick up the brass that he was working on. I never went there, but IIRC he stated it was a pole barn attached to his property where he housed his equipment for processing the brass. Please keep us posted as to how things progress.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry fellas.... Been so busy with 500 events this week, I haven't been able to check up on things here at INGO. I really hope all is well with him. He takes awhile, but brass has always been top notch. The address I posted was the one he stated was his shop when I had planned to pick up the brass that he was working on. I never went there, but IIRC he stated it was a pole barn attached to his property where he housed his equipment for processing the brass. Please keep us posted as to how things progress.

wouldnt be the first time a mapping app got it wrong. (my church shows up a mile north of where it actually is on google maps)

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Have left multiple messages on phone number provided and email too. Really trying not to be too judgemental but it is not looking good. Anybody live close or frequent Terre haute that could pay a visit to the address ???????? Anybody pay by USPS Money Order that could possibly get postal inspectors involved in a possible fraud case ???

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Have left multiple messages on phone number provided and email too. Really trying not to be too judgemental but it is not looking good. Anybody live close or frequent Terre haute that could pay a visit to the address ???????? Anybody pay by USPS Money Order that could possibly get postal inspectors involved in a possible fraud case ???

I did the exact same thing: Called a few times, left voicemails for the past two weeks, emails for the past three and even messaged him on Facebook, no response. Unfortunately, I paid with PayPal, but still have my "ticket" in my inbox. Might have to work on getting my $30 something odd dollars back and eat the lost brass (about $100 worth). Either the guy is in serious trouble (health or otherwise) or boy did we get scammed hard.

I want to support the local guys, but this is the second time someone has done something along these lines to me and I am reconsidering my "loyalty" to those in the local gun industry. I should have put the money towards a high volume brass trimmer and did it myself...

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    So, according to public records.....In 2-29-16 a judgement was ordered against him for just over $3000 plus court costs that he was supposed to start paying on in 4-1-16 at a rate of $50.00 per month to International Village Apartment in Terre Haute. Possibly our monies and brass went to his current problems ?????

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well, Paypal say's I'm SOL because I paid using a credit card via PayPal and, since not through my actual PayPal account, my request for transaction hold is denied. I will now have to play bank games.

So, according to public records.....In 2-29-16 a judgement was ordered against him for just over $3000 plus court costs that he was supposed to start paying on in 4-1-16 at a rate of $50.00 per month to International Village Apartment in Terre Haute. Possibly our monies and brass went to his current problems ?????

Oh, that's just great...

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    He's had $7k worth of my brass for processing for over a year. I've offered him payment options, as well as contacting the owner of the UPS store - his friend - and haven't heard anything back. I'm guessing this isn't going to go well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here is hoping he actually still has your brass that everyone sent in and it wasnt sold for scrap to pay for the other issues. Getting back the raw materials is at least a start.

Good luck guys!

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    He was selling some brass out of M&S Armament in Clinton, In. The last time I was in the shop, I don't recall seeing any of his brass.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Well, it looks like I'm going to have to buy more brass and get it processed.

Anyone have a brass processor besides this guy?

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    So....it looks as if we might very well have a fraud and thief that we are speaking of.

Need to take a poll here on what value that we have been taken on to see if we have enough for a criminal complaint.

It appears after conversation with the male subject who works the UPS store... where the monies and items have been shipped to is not willing to help whatsoever....or does he have knowledge of the possible crimes?

Please list on this continuing thread of the amount of money we have had taken and no services/products rendered, in addition to personal property of us individuals that have been sent to Curt Schaekel that have never been returned as intended.

Let the losses begin to be listed.........

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Calebjoeb
    Top Bottom