• ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Any talk of federal prosecutions?

Maybe if looting and rioting starts.

I wonder if in CA if a jury gets the ability to consider a lesser charge, and if so, what that charge would have been in this case? Murder usually would require good solid proof of premeditation. I can see where a jury would have trouble trying to say two officers, who are only at a location due to a non-LEO 911 call (from what I recall of the case) had the premeditation to murder a person they end up interacting with.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have found the answers to my questions in this article:

Kelly Thomas case: FBI to take another look - The Orange County Register

One officer was charged with murder and involuntary manslaughter, and found not guilty of both. The other officer was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter and assault under color of authority. Kinda surprised they didn't get convicted of something. People have protested and are being arrested, though the numbers I saw were fairly low numbers given hundreds were said to be protesting.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I truly believe in my heart that these murderers will be judged by God, and they will end up in hell for a eternity of pain and suffering of which they have no clue what is coming. I also truly hope that these murderers catch cancer and it takes 20 years of pain and suffering for them to finally meet their maker so they can have that eternity of hell...

Gunner

Top Bottom