• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Be careful when reading these supposed factual "stories" on suspect sources like "reason.com." They exist solely to build sensationalized content to serve their agenda. There seems to be a lot missing in the details here. I'm not convinced the photos are even of the same man. Tread with caution.

:rolleyes: Reason.com is hardly a suspect source, and I've never seen them sensationalize a story. Contrasted with the vast array of Fox News and Blaze links around here, Reason actually knows what the term "investigative journalism" means.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    ".......and after a lengthy internal investigation, it has been determined that our officers followed proper procedure. No charges will be filed." I'm just saying...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Be careful when reading these supposed factual "stories" on suspect sources like "reason.com." They exist solely to build sensationalized content to serve their agenda. There seems to be a lot missing in the details here. I'm not convinced the photos are even of the same man. Tread with caution.

circle+the+wagons.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    <Cutesy picture goes here>

I don't believe Jake46184 is a police officer, or at least nothing I've seen in his other posts indicate that. Also, he's only calling into question the intent of the source for this story, not defending or apologizing for anyone. I think that vetting the source is a perfectly logical thing to do. If it's true though, throw the book at these guys.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I don't believe Jake46184 is a police officer, or at least nothing I've seen in his other posts indicate that. Also, he's only calling into question the intent of the source for this story, not defending or apologizing for anyone. I think that vetting the source is a perfectly logical thing to do. If it's true though, throw the book at these guys.
    :yesway: Yup!!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It's really disturbing to see the caption in the video at the point the kid was calling for his dad. Not one of these guys had the heart to stop. Imagine how his dad must feel let alone seeing the caption at the point his son is calling for him.:xmad:

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    It was just an isolated incident. :rolleyes:

As for walking up and attempting to stop it, that would be a very tough call. If you survived, you would probably get prosecuted for assaulting a police officer.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It was just an isolated incident. :rolleyes:

As for walking up and attempting to stop it, that would be a very tough call. If you survived, you would probably get prosecuted for assaulting a police officer.

Or in the least, "obstructing justice."

I am not going to watch the video now. I can't take it so soon after the last one.

I might start "generalizing" and we all know what a crime THAT is. :rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This has been big news all week, even when Kelly Thomas was only in a coma. I've seen this reported by multiple outlets. Reason Magazine is a reputable source as far as I'm concerned.

As for 'intent' of the news source... care to take a guess at it? I'm more interested with the murder than scrutinizing the reporters.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This has been big news all week, even when Kelly Thomas was only in a coma. I've seen this reported by multiple outlets. Reason Magazine is a reputable source as far as I'm concerned.

As for 'intent' of the news source... care to take a guess at it? I'm more interested with the murder than scrutinizing the reporters.

Fair enough, Fletch seems to agree too. Jake was not wrong for questioning the source himself though. If you don't take the time to look at the source and its potential bias, you could miss a whole lot.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow.

All I can say is... *some people* are lucky that wasn't my kid being beaten to death and calling out for me as he was dying.

That's as far as I'm going in this thread.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    maybe grow a set and step up. stopping a murder is the right thing to do even if the criminals are a government sanctioned gang.

Better to be a witness and ensure that the scumbags receive their deserved death sentence than another corpse laying beside the first one. It wasn't like anyone in Kalifornia was going to be armed and able to stop these animals, and the number of witnesses doesn't appear to have been large enough to run them over. It grates on me to say it, but avoiding a flashlight to the head was the best thing they could do.

Let the investigation be thorough, their trial just, and their last days brought all the quicker for it. Abusing your power over any citizen is bad enough, but murdering a man who wasn't even in full mental control of himself, who was screaming for his dad... :xmad: :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Stop a murder?

Or become murdered also ... The second you run in and try to stop it, you are at the police officers "mercy." Even if you just pat the officer on the shoulder to get his attention thats a felony assault on an officer. I could only guess how jacked up their adrenaline was, i seriously doubt they would have asked anyone to just back away.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I've had to handle many violent mentally ill people, and when you have multiple officers, strength and body weight work. The goal for me was on occasion not even to place the person in cuffs, but to keep him in one place until we could put him on a gurney and place him in four way restraints.

I don't know what was going through these officers' minds, but that's (the beating) not how it should be done.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    the victims father who is a retired cop even called it murder. but im sure the chief will say they was following policy and then we will hear what great guys they are.

Don't forget giving them a medal as well.
    Can't recall the thread but there was another post on here a while back in which SWAT did a no-knock raid on a house (wrong one!) and the home owner fired back and got into a gun fight with SWAT before things finally settled down (no one was killed). In the end the city gave medals to the SWAT members for doing a sucessful raid on the WRONG house. :rolleyes:

I've seen a few police beatings, even a car door guillotine, but that one wins.

Let's all hope justice prevails here.

FTFY
    We have seen time and time again that there is no justice for these cases.

i wonder what the cops story is.

-Einsatzgruppen+just+following+orders.jpg

Nur Befehle befolgt (German)

".......and after a lengthy internal investigation, it has been determined that our officers followed proper procedure. No charges will be filed." I'm just saying...

DING.. DING... DING!
    We have a winner!

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    The picture in the article is beyond words. I've been a boxing fan for years, and am fairly confident saying I've NEVER seen a man look that bad after 12 rounds of being struck in the face by a professional fighter over and over. It would certainly take multiple men striking over and over for a solid amount of time to inflict such wounds.
    Sad day.

Top Bottom