• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Be careful when reading these supposed factual "stories" on suspect sources like "reason.com." They exist solely to build sensationalized content to serve their agenda. There seems to be a lot missing in the details here. I'm not convinced the photos are even of the same man. Tread with caution.

Yea I was thinking the same. All a person has to do is look at the stuff the OP puts out. That is a red flag for me in and of it's self. This video is all but worthless. If things are like they are OP wants us to believe they are then there will be dash cams ect. Witnesses? In California? I sure wouldn't put much faith in their statements. Listen to the clown talking in the video. Nuff said on that.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    :rolleyes: Reason.com is hardly a suspect source, and I've never seen them sensationalize a story. Contrasted with the vast array of Fox News and Blaze links around here, Reason actually knows what the term "investigative journalism" means.

WHAT? You have got to be kidding!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    WHAT? You have got to be kidding!

Not even close. Reason has a libertarian view of the world, to be sure, but their journalism is more in-depth and fact-based than any other outlet I've read, with one notable exception. I have never seen a Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post/Times, New York Times, etc. article written to the same level of clarity, research, and detail as a typical Reason piece. The OP is from their blog, so it's a little more blurb-y, but should they decide to pursue the story, I have every confidence that they will provide the most detailed coverage of any outlet that decides to.

It's part of the benefit of being primarily a magazine instead of a newspaper or television channel. Magazines have long lead times, and aren't rushing to put something in print before the competition. They have the luxury of being able to research more and write more, because they know there's no way to beat the competition in speed. So they put their effort into being thorough and covering all the bases.

That's why, for example, Ronald Bailey's science articles are far more informative about the goings-on at GM foods conferences and their attendant protests than the mainstream media's. They're also refreshingly devoid of deliberate alarmism. It's almost like the magazine's standard is attempting to meet news items with reason rather than sensationalism, thus their name.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yea I was thinking the same. All a person has to do is look at the stuff the OP puts out. That is a red flag for me in and of it's self. This video is all but worthless. If things are like they are OP wants us to believe they are then there will be dash cams ect. Witnesses? In California? I sure wouldn't put much faith in their statements. Listen to the clown talking in the video. Nuff said on that.

So the fact that the L.A. Times cooborates the story (they linked L.A. Times in the OPs link) and the previous tv segment that Rambone posted does nothing for you? :dunno:

When everyone from various viewpoints is telling the same story, either everyone has been bald-faced lied to or they are telling the truth.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    This is just disgusting and looking at the picture before he died, this was uncalled for and punishment is due for those that did this. He was crying for dad for crying out loud!

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    Citizens have to stand up and stop any action by any person or group of persons if the think they are acting outside of Moral or written law. Cops are servants and should be regarded as such. This Imaginary power of the public stems from peoples automatic and learned submission to authority figures. It is wrong to stand by and watch someone being wronged, just as much as doing it yourself!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Be careful when reading these supposed factual "stories" on suspect sources like "reason.com." They exist solely to build sensationalized content to serve their agenda. There seems to be a lot missing in the details here. I'm not convinced the photos are even of the same man. Tread with caution.
    You obviously didn't read the story of follow the link in it to the LA Times. Other news sources have also reported on this story. You do know that Reason is an award winning investigative journalism magazine? Maybe you'd trust it if it came from Fox or WND....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Egregiousness aside for just a moment. On the quoted point, what would you have the witnesses do, Mr. Jarrell?
    Step up and step in. With words, cameras or even, if able and necessary force. You are allowed by law to stop a forcible felony, even if the perpetrator has a uniform on. A large group of people can do even more, by just taking the victim away from the criminals. I just find it sad that Ronald Reagan disarmed the people of California.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I wander what a 911 cal might have done.. Understandably the police were already there, but if you call in a report that the police are beating a person to death, using excessive force, what ever the issue, maybe a clear-headed officer will be able to respond in time to make a difference. At the very least, the 911 call would be recorded, and usable as evidence if the officers ever stand in front of a jury.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Multiple news sources, TV clips, witnesses...

I'm not even remotely surprised you STILL take the stand you take.

Words do not exist in the English language to adequate describe my feelings of loathing and hatred for you.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I wander what a 911 cal might have done.. Understandably the police were already there, but if you call in a report that the police are beating a person to death, using excessive force, what ever the issue, maybe a clear-headed officer will be able to respond in time to make a difference. At the very least, the 911 call would be recorded, and usable as evidence if the officers ever stand in front of a jury.
    Yup!!!
    A call to 911 should have definitely been made!!
    If you think a crime is being committed you should call 911 and report it.
    Even if the Perps are wearing LEO uniforms.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

Even IF the OP was severely biased, how do you account for the multiple news sources, professional and amateur, that corroborate the narrative of police brutality? What is the rationale that leads you to dismiss witness testaments just because the witnesses are in California? Can you actually state the reasons behind your statements?

You are just letting your personal prejudices take over. Reason does not govern your thoughts. You want to believe something so hard that you are willing to rape reality. I say this to you with loving kindness: wake up and smell the coffee!

Da Bing

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It's important to remember that if you get beaten to death by the cops, you got beaten to death with the highest standards of professionalism. It's not like getting beaten to death by drug gangs or mafia goons.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Despite being under investigation by their department and the FBI, the cops involved in this killing are still on the streets, instead of cooling their heels away from the public. The city has also tried to pay off the father of the victim, with a $900K payoff. He apparently refused their blood money. Good for him.

Fullerton Cops Involved In Death Of Kelly Thomas Back on Duty - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Protest Fullerton Police Brutality Today; Victim's Vigil Tonight - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

The only part you left out was, he's just a bum, who cares? I'll have to dock you a few points because of that, 8/10.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yeah, it's not like the homeless are people, for God's sake.

That's why they offered up $900K. Had he been a "rocket scientist", as noted by the comment in the latest article, I guess his life would have been worth more hush money. How much is a rocket scientist going for now days? $3 mil?

Top Bottom