• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    For me, learning to debate without being angry and/or insulting and taking things to a personal level is a good thing. I know way too many people who lack that skill. I used to be one sometimes. The people who have gotten shootered, temp banned, or put on ignore surely saw it coming, and chose to continue their crap. It's not that hard to step away from the computer and think things through before posting! OK, sometimes it is a little hard, but we can do it!

:yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Could it just be that since you dislike those topics, that you avoid those threads instead of banning others from discussing what they wish?

Yeah...along that same vein, there are commercials that come across my tv about shows I find disgusting, boring, or otherwise just unentertaining...I just don't tune in to those shows. Obviously, there are people that enjoy them. Why would I petition Dish to block them just because of my preferences don't line up with the demographic those shows are catering to?

Personally, I've found the discussion about race and religion usually quite enlightening, almost always entertaining. Like any other topic, there are always those that don't know how to play nice and they're usually dealt with appropriately.

Let's stop trying to ban stuff we don't like and mandating others like what we do.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yeah...along that same vein, there are commercials that come across my tv about shows I find disgusting, boring, or otherwise just unentertaining...I just don't tune in to those shows. Obviously, there are people that enjoy them. Why would I petition Dish to block them just because of my preferences don't line up with the demographic those shows are catering to?

Personally, I've found the discussion about race and religion usually quite enlightening, almost always entertaining. Like any other topic, there are always those that don't know how to play nice and they're usually dealt with appropriately.

Let's stop trying to ban stuff we don't like and mandating others like what we do.

:yesway:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Exactly!

Pro Tip: don't drink the sacramental wine if he offers.

When I had my last colonoscopy, just as the nurse was administering the drug to put me under, she said: "Wanna do drugs?" The last thing I remember was all of them laughing hysterically when I said: "Oh no, you`re not with Bill Cosby are you?"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree with some of the others who suggest that leaving the race/religion talk incendiary helps to out the undesirables among us, so we can know who to avoid interaction with. That said, it's a fine balance determining whether or when that bold talk paints us all as bad actors?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I remember Jello.

jello-biafras-quotes-3.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I agree with some of the others who suggest that leaving the race/religion talk incendiary helps to out the undesirables among us, so we can know who to avoid interaction with. That said, it's a fine balance determining whether or when that bold talk paints us all as bad actors?

What you say in no way reflects on me, and visa-versa.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" - Thomas Jefferson.

Free men are able to speak of whatever they deem important. Freedom can be inconvenient, freedom can be messy, but let freedom ring!

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Why are they undesirable? Becaue they don't agree with your viewpoint?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For me, learning to debate without being angry and/or insulting and taking things to a personal level is a good thing. I know way too many people who lack that skill. I used to be one sometimes. The people who have gotten shootered, temp banned, or put on ignore surely saw it coming, and chose to continue their crap. It's not that hard to step away from the computer and think things through before posting! OK, sometimes it is a little hard, but we can do it!

Sometimes I'm not sure they do, they're so involved in the fight; but everybody else can see it. Sometimes I'll try to interject a subtle warning (my favorite metaphor is warning about a circling dogfight, meaning they're trying to turn inside a Zero) but it's not always well received nor heeded

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    ...no discussions on race or religion? Some of the b.s. going on lately is quite entertaining, but at the same time ruining INGO. There seems to be an increase in personal attacks during disussions involving either.

Well crap, I was about to give the "police run" interpretation of the birth of Christ. It tends to cause a heated discussion but so far everyone who was ever a cop agrees that it is, in fact, a run they've taken.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've tried hard to stay away from the political section this year. It hasn't been like it was in past elections, helpful. It's been nothing but a train wreck. It will be a long time before I become active in there again.

As far as the religious aspect of it, I'm glad to see us be able to freely discuss things. Some of the newer members may not remember the time of Jello. Discussing terrorist attacks was a touchy thing to do when it shouldn't have been.

When dozens, hundreds, thousands of people are attacked & killed WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT IT ON A SELF DEFENSE FORUM. I don't want to see that taken away from us again because it deals with religion.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    These threads usually start out OK. Well, the Flaming gay thread was an exception.

I saw that thread got closed due to religion bashing...which is too bad since the post had nothing to do with religion.

Otherwise I thought it did a great job of showcasing the idiocy and the hypocrisy of the so called progressives.

Top Bottom