• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I try not to participate much in threads discussing either religion or race but I have learned a fair bit about some on the forum from reading them. I can't say my beliefs on either have been changed here though. Just learned who I'd like to meet and who I wouldn't.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not offended by anything. But calling people "flaming", "homosexuals" and "sodomites" doesn't paint a positive picture. Some people here may not like "the gays", but others have no issue with it.

It's possible to call out the two for their ridiculous behavior, and not point out that they happen to be gay. Which is unrelated.

But we're straying.

Huh? The word "homosexual" paints "them" in a bad light? Paints "whom" in a bad light then? How can there be ANY negative connotation in the word "homosexual". It simply describes a lifestyle, nothing more, nothing less. Are there those here too, who need their "safe room", and must not be confronted, oh...with reality?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fellas, listen to me when I say this..............Things had best settle down and quickly. We have new owners. They do not allow much of this on the other sites they own/manage. It will change here as well if folks do not use their brains when starting threads or composing posts.
    I have done all I can to keep things flowing but even the in-threads are being ignored lately and I am weary of dealing with it. So are the rest of the staff.
    Some of you are new and have no memory of the times these discussions were verboten but if things do not settle down you will see it 1st hand.
    Just keep thinking Family oriented...............
    This is all I care to say about this but know I am done wearing the gloves.
    Cross the line and go to the corner.
    I am out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Huh? The word "homosexual" paints "them" in a bad light? Paints "whom" in a bad light then? How can there be ANY negative connotation in the word "homosexual". It simply describes a lifestyle, nothing more, nothing less. Are there those here too, who need their "safe room", and must not be confronted, oh...with reality?

Post #64

Nuff said.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fellas, listen to me when I say this..............Things had best settle down and quickly. We have new owners. They do not allow much of this on the other sites they own/manage. It will change here as well if folks do not use their brains when starting threads or composing posts.
    I have done all I can to keep things flowing but even the in-threads are being ignored lately and I am weary of dealing with it. So are the rest of the staff.
    Some of you are new and have no memory of the times these discussions were verboten but if things do not settle down you will see it 1st hand.
    I am out.

You should set an "anything goes week," to let everybody get it out, after which this policy goes into effect. That would probably be the most entertaining week on INGO ever!!! Lol.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I am out.

I`m going to take a self-appointed time out. I`m trying to figure out what is within the boundaries of "family oriented", and exactly what falls outside of that. After that, I`ll figure out if a grown man, (me), will deal with being treated like a child, in having one`s speech critiqued and censored. There`s a difference in flat-out meanness and attacks on a group, or person, versus adult discussion on, what for some, are sensitive subjects.

Take care all, I may be back, or maybe not. Like a great many here, I have strong feelings on several subjects, and some of these subjects are too critical to our society and culture as a whole to keep silent on them. I`ve never set out just to inflame a situation or discussion, and adults ought to be able to discuss issues like adults.

Take care guys.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You should set an "anything goes week," to let everybody get it out, after which this policy goes into effect. That would probably be the most entertaining week on INGO ever!!! Lol.

As contentious as the recent primary season was and the subsequent elections, what makes you think people can "get it out" in just one week? :laugh: If we're worried about "family oriented", we should put all politics off limits...maybe--except that which has to do with gun legislation only.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As contentious as the recent primary season was and the subsequent elections, what makes you think people can "get it out" in just one week? :laugh: If we're worried about "family oriented", we should put all politics off limits...maybe--except that which has to do with gun legislation only.
    "family oriented" and political discussion are not compatible. They usually end up as heated arguments like the kind at family get togethers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "family oriented" and political discussion are not compatible. They usually end up as heated arguments like the kind at family get togethers.

Right? My wife hates talking politics. She hates being around people talking politics. And that's ok. Some people just don't like the sharpe-elbows that come with political back-and-forth. Different strokes for different folks and all of that. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I`m going to take a self-appointed time out. I`m trying to figure out what is within the boundaries of "family oriented", and exactly what falls outside of that. After that, I`ll figure out if a grown man, (me), will deal with being treated like a child, in having one`s speech critiqued and censored. There`s a difference in flat-out meanness and attacks on a group, or person, versus adult discussion on, what for some, are sensitive subjects.

Take care all, I may be back, or maybe not. Like a great many here, I have strong feelings on several subjects, and some of these subjects are too critical to our society and culture as a whole to keep silent on them. I`ve never set out just to inflame a situation or discussion, and adults ought to be able to discuss issues like adults.

Take care guys.

I see you are still on line most likely waiting for a response....here it is.
    This is a private forum. The mods have total discretion as to what is acceptable under the simple rules put down by the management.
    There is no "Free Speech" or Rights in here. Just the rules.
    If you can read then you can understand them.

Your posts have been drawing the attention of the staff for a while. Some of my announcement was as much for you as anyone that frequents these threads. Yes, read the post
    To stay the course you were on would have put you in time out anyway.
    Do as you will. I am just no longer going to stand back and let the discussions cross the lines.

You seem to have a good grasp of the written word. Use it to make your point. We have boundary's and they will be observed.
    As to treating you like a child, I have let you know several times to pull it back a notch. You chose not to. What in this is childish. Not me.
    Now that you have made me call you out in open forum by your response make your decision.

Everyone else, same thing.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Right? My wife hates talking politics. She hates being around people talking politics. And that's ok. Some people just don't like the sharpe-elbows that come with political back-and-forth. Different strokes for different folks and all of that. :)

Political discussions are vital. Apathy is killing the Republic, and apathy grows when people won`t, or "aren`t allowed" to talk about political issues. Add to that, more than ever today, EVERYTHING is politicized, and censorship of these type discussions is detrimental to the nation. Those who are offended by the discussions have the prerogative to simply not participate, but it seems that just like those who are offended by displays of faith in public, they would rather shut these discussions down.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I see you are still on line most likely waiting for a response....here it is.
    This is a private forum. The mods have total discretion as to what is acceptable under the simple rules put down by the management.
    There is no "Free Speech" or Rights in here. Just the rules.
    If you can read then you can understand them.

Your posts have been drawing the attention of the staff for a while. Some of my announcement was as much for you as anyone that frequents these threads. Yes, read the post
    To stay the course you were on would have put you in time out anyway.
    Do as you will. I am just no longer going to stand back and let the discussions cross the lines.

You seem to have a good grasp of the written word. Use it to make your point. We have boundary's and they will be observed.
    As to treating you like a child, I have let you know several times to pull it back a notch. You chose not to. What in this is childish. Not me.
    Now that you have made me call you out in open forum by your response make your decision.

Everyone else, same thing.

Nosir, I was not waiting for a response, I was discussing with another member. But thank you for the public reprimand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nosir, I was not waiting for a response, I was discussing with another member. But thank you for the public reprimand.

Keep it up my friend.
    That was not a reprimand but a response to you.

Do you not understand a simple explanation.

I would say a cheeseburger summit is in order but man I am just to busy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Greg, too many good people have either been banned or have simply quit posting over recent history. You seem like an OK guy. I don't like it when good people are no longer participating.

Top Bottom