• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I saw that thread got closed due to religion bashing...which is too bad since the post had nothing to do with religion.

Otherwise I thought it did a great job of showcasing the idiocy and the hypocrisy of the so called progressives.

I saw it a different way - It did a great job of making the sort of people that use this forum look bad.

When a passerby sees that sort of thread title and content... it's very easy to keep re-enforcing that stereotype on the rest of us.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Why are they undesirable? Becaue they don't agree with your viewpoint?
    No! Go back and read post #9, it's not their opinion I, personally, have an issue with, it's how they choose to present their opinions that determines wether or not I spend my time listening to them, or generally not giving them the time of day. There is one particular former member of INGO that I believe was very well read, and had very strong convictions, and in some cases he was absolutely correct in his assessment of whatever the issue of the day was, but I had him on ignore for the last few years because of his condescending way of (attempting) to get his point across.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    No! Go back and read post #9, it's not their opinion I, personally, have an issue with, it's how they choose to present their opinions that determines wether or not I spend my time listening to them, or generally not giving them the time of day. There is one particular former member of INGO that I believe was very well read, and had very strong convictions, and in some cases he was absolutely correct in his assessment of whatever the issue of the day was, but I had him on ignore for the last few years because of his condescending way of (attempting) to get his point across.

LT is was not questioning you at all. That was directed to the person I quoted.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I saw it a different way - It did a great job of making the sort of people that use this forum look bad.

When a passerby sees that sort of thread title and content... it's very easy to keep re-enforcing that stereotype on the rest of us.

I am going to guess you were offended by the wording "flaming". If you read the story you have indeed seen these two men were flaming, in other words, proudly and loudly proclaiming they were indeed homosexuals, and indeed married to each other...and then one of them flamed, as in publicly berated, a young mother, her children and her husband over some perceived evil deed her father MIGHT or might not do in the future.

It's interesting to note these two men have caught hell from all sides over this incident and they are now trying to downplay it by lying about their intentions.

So I didn't use that offensive word to add clicks to the story, the word was a perfect explanation for what happened. In other words, it was the truth at hand...and I know, the truth is sometimes ugly...but the truth nevertheless. I'm disappointed that some forum users had to take it down the long road of religion bashing...a shame indeed. It was not my intention.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am going to guess you were offended by the wording "flaming". If you read the story you have indeed seen these two men were flaming, in other words, proudly and loudly proclaiming they were indeed homosexuals, and indeed married to each other...and then one of them flamed, as in publicly berated, a young mother, her children and her husband over some perceived evil deed her father MIGHT or might not do in the future.

It's interesting to note these two men have caught hell from all sides over this incident and they are now trying to downplay it by lying about their intentions.

So I didn't use that offensive word to add clicks to the story, the word was a perfect explanation for what happened. In other words, it was the truth at hand...and I know, the truth is sometimes ugly...but the truth nevertheless. I'm disappointed that some forum users had to take it down the long road of religion bashing...a shame indeed. It was not my intention.

Not offended by anything. But calling people "flaming", "homosexuals" and "sodomites" doesn't paint a positive picture. Some people here may not like "the gays", but others have no issue with it.

It's possible to call out the two for their ridiculous behavior, and not point out that they happen to be gay. Which is unrelated.

But we're straying.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I hear that a lot..."such and such is ruining INGO". Sometimes it's flippers, sometimes its religious posts, sometimes it's all the stupid conspiracy threads, sometimes it's the PW threads. Someone should start a thread....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe carve out a safe space on ingo?

Or maybe just separate Indiana Gun Owners as a whole from religious zealots, racists, race baiters, etc?

Plenty of places online to argue all of that BS without doing it on a site named for a specific group that doesn't need the negative associations.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Not offended by anything. But calling people "flaming", "homosexuals" and "sodomites" doesn't paint a positive picture. Some people here may not like "the gays", but others have no issue with it.

It's possible to call out the two for their ridiculous behavior, and not point out that they happen to be gay. Which is unrelated.

But we're straying.

I didn't call out anything. The two homosexual men in the story did. No one would have know anything about the way they like their sex, but apparently they felt it was IMPORTANT for all of us to know....that somehow it had some meaning or explanation for why they did what they did. In summary, the men in the story are gay, I say gay because apparently you find it easier to deal with than other words for being gay, so...these gay men, have some irrational fear that the new President will have some power over them and will do bad things to them just because they are gay. So to offset that irrational fear they decided they would make a public display by verbally berating the daughter of the new President Elect in front of her children, her husband, and the poor passengers trapped on the plane with this gay nutjob. Not only this but the other gay man tweeted her location and the fact that HIS HUSBAND was in hot pursuit of the woman just so he could harass her.

Imagine if this had been a couple of good ole hetero boys from South Carolina doing the same thing to Chelsea Clinton?

I can't help it if what they did was exactly like I described it in the original topic.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Or maybe just separate Indiana Gun Owners as a whole from religious zealots, racists, race baiters, etc?

Plenty of places online to argue all of that BS without doing it on a site named for a specific group that doesn't need the negative associations.

Do you even look at where you post at? Here's a hint....it's not all gun related.

Drops mic.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well the way I see it that thread got closed and then it all moved into this thread

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Or maybe we can realize the subset of the population who are gun owners residing in Indiana comprises folks with all different backgrounds, viewpoints, interests and values. If the fact that they don't all look like you bothers you, then perhaps you will benefit from having your eyes opened.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    Since most of you have missed my drift, I'll say it again. I don't care about the topics, its the way some members present them and use them to attack others that I have issue with.

I may have missed your drift given that's not at all what the original post stated.

My apologies for my misunderstanding.

Maybe a safe space complete with trigger warnings....

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well if anyone felt like I was attacking them with my OP in the closed thread, I apologize for causing you to have such a misunderstanding. It wasn't about gays, it wasn't about same sex marriage, it was about the nutjobs from the progressive left wing Hillary supporters thinking they had a right, NO...a MANDATE....to seek out the daughter of the President Elect in a public place and verbally berate her and her family for no other reason than what they irrationally fear.

Personally I don't care how anyone likes their sex...but for some reason there are those that feel like they are obligated to tell you...and then sit there waiting for some kind of reward. That's nutjob.

Top Bottom