• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You might need to bite the bullet and call a Safe and Lock company local to you and see if they can come out and A) crack the safe and B) replace the faulty lock with a better one.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Good news-Bad news, Found the receipt from Rural King were I bought it, Cannon says that the store has to call them for default code. Good news is the keypad is responding after trying the unplug battery trick. Bad news is it now takes all six of the original code, but wont open. So I guess the combo is shot from the shock off the carpet ( Static)So I'm looking at buying a new keypad with default numbers in them then reset new combo. Or cut the safe and buy better brand. My hoard of 22lr ammo is in there!!!!!!!!!!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Or cut the safe and buy better brand.

After this experience how could you trust putting anything inside that safe again???

Especially guns and ammo that you may need to access if the SHTF and getting replacement keypads, master codes and other things you are struggling with now would be impossible to obtain.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    When I ordered my safe from Johnson Safe, Jeff was pretty adamant that I would be better off to get a dial. Said something along the lines "I cannot count how many key pads I have had to break into when they went bad". I followed his advice and posts like this confirm that decision for me.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    S&G lock is the only way to go. Dependable, secure and simple. Over the years, I have seen too many electronic locks fail.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Must have been one heck of a static electricity shock. :stickpoke:
    I have a digital key pad too but my safe was a gift from my brother. I have always been in the habit of touching the safe handle, before I reach for the key pad.
    I got lit up good from static discharge from a UH1 Iroquois helicopter once, due to another guy's lack of attention to detail but that's a whole other story.
    Best of luck to you!

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Last safe I bought had an electronic lock. Bought a s&g dial for $110 and changed it out. Take the door panel off and the change out is easy, hole pattern was the same on mine. There was one hole that was only drilled from the factory that I had to run a tap into.

That's what I would look into once you get it open.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Must have been one heck of a static electricity shock. :stickpoke:
    I have a digital key pad too but my safe was a gift from my brother. I have always been in the habit of touching the safe handle, before I reach for the key pad.
    I got lit up good from static discharge from a UH1 Iroquois helicopter once, due to another guy's lack of attention to detail but that's a whole other story.
    Best of luck to you!
    It was a shock to say the least, right out of my easy chair across the rug then touch the keypad is not good.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Last safe I bought had an electronic lock. Bought a s&g dial for $110 and changed it out. Take the door panel off and the change out is easy, hole pattern was the same on mine. There was one hole that was only drilled from the factory that I had to run a tap into.

That's what I would look into once you get it open.

That's exactly what I did as well.

Top Bottom