• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tomorrow try the Butch Cassidy combo. (make sure to video it)

[video=youtube;i9flhhwkTTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9flhhwkTTA[/video]

I'd suggest two or three sticks less though.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Update- Cannon made contact with me and we went thru the steps to use the breakin code for my serial number for my safe. No luck, the keypad is shot- the number 9 on the pad is not working. It does not beep when using the code that cannon gave me over the phone. Now I wait 2-3 weeks she said for a locksmith to be sent a new keypad. He will then come to my place to install. Maybe then he will question me about who I am.:stickpoke:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Will it void your warranty if you have the locksmith put a dial lock on instead of another keypad? Might be worth it even if it does.
    ^This^ If you've ever wanted to switch to a dial lock now would be the time to do it and avoid all this electrical keypad nonsense. JMO

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update- Cannon made contact with me and we went thru the steps to use the breakin code for my serial number for my safe. No luck, the keypad is shot- the number 9 on the pad is not working. It does not beep when using the code that cannon gave me over the phone. Now I wait 2-3 weeks she said for a locksmith to be sent a new keypad. He will then come to my place to install. Maybe then he will question me about who I am.:stickpoke:

Good to know. Keep us posted. Interested in how the story turns out.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    This has me seriously considering changing out my electronic lock for a S&G dial. Only thing i'm having trouble figuring out is the length of the shaft I'll need on the replacement. I noticed different specs for that on the S&G dial setups.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The fact that most electronic safes have a separate key is telling.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a EE and a love electronics, but I no the limits.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Good news-Bad news, Found the receipt from Rural King were I bought it, Cannon says that the store has to call them for default code. Good news is the keypad is responding after trying the unplug battery trick. Bad news is it now takes all six of the original code, but wont open. So I guess the combo is shot from the shock off the carpet ( Static)So I'm looking at buying a new keypad with default numbers in them then reset new combo. Or cut the safe and buy better brand. My hoard of 22lr ammo is in there!!!!!!!!!!

This won't work. The combination lock inside the safe stores the numbers, not the keypad. Replacing the keypad is not going to get you anywhere if your existing keypad is functional and the safe still won't open.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

This won't work. The combination lock inside the safe stores the numbers, not the keypad. Replacing the keypad is not going to get you anywhere if your existing keypad is functional and the safe still won't open.
    reading comprehension fail. see above. (Im guessing the recovery code contains a 9)

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Had the opposite problem with my Cannon Safe. Once it was in the house it would not lock. After an hour on the phone with their support, they determined that it was a bad rotobolt. They were going to send me a new keypad and rotobolt for me to install. I decided to just return the safe as I had only had it for 2 days. I ended up getting a Liberty with a combo lock. Customer service wasn't bad but didn't feel comfortable with their product after it failed right away.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if you need in the safe before the new pad arrives, why not call the place you bought it from, explain what happened and see if they'll let you borrow a keypad off a display model (im sure you'd have to leave a deposit, and prove its your safe) and unlock your safe till the new keypad comes in?

or some ingo member might be willing to do the same

just a thought

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    They are typically not plug and play... They have to be wired in.

I didn't know about cannon safes, stack on safes have keypads that have a 1/4 twist off and a quick disconnect wire, so easy on/easy off (if you go on vacation, you can take the keypad with you (and I think browning safes do the same thing)

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    reading comprehension fail. see above. (Im guessing the recovery code contains a 9)

Good news-Bad news, Found the receipt from Rural King were I bought it, Cannon says that the store has to call them for default code. Good news is the keypad is responding after trying the unplug battery trick. Bad news is it now takes all six of the original code, but wont open. So I guess the combo is shot from the shock off the carpet ( Static)So I'm looking at buying a new keypad with default numbers in them then reset new combo. Or cut the safe and buy better brand. My hoard of 22lr ammo is in there!!!!!!!!!!

I responded to a much earlier post where he stated his plan to take a course of action that was leading nowhere. His post sounded as if he intended to buy a replacement keypad and the combination would be reset to the default combination of 123456. That is what a 'default code' means. In the post you quoted he is referring to the master reset code. Different things.

I was providing insight on a specific post regarding subject matter I've mastered over a 25 year career involved in the safe & vault industry.

Top Bottom