• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    May want to try and call Chris Seligman (317) 273-3388 and see if he has any advice - usually advice is free. A couple friends have used him in the past. He travels, moves safes, changes locks and is a wealth of information, has all parts and services for any safe.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    The Keypad on the Cannon safe I had, was plugged into the rotobolt mechanism. The wire was fed thru a small hole in the anti drill plate on the other side where it plugged into the mechanical part. The only way to change a keypad from the outside would be to rewire a new keypad to the wire coming out of the safe as far as I could tell. I had the door panel off of mine and disassembled the rotobolt mechanism while troubleshooting my problem. There is no way to plug a new keypad in from the outside of the safe. I didn't take the keypad apart to see how the wire was attached to it.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I agree with what some other people have said. Jeff Johnson built my safe and said old school dial is the way to go. If you take care of it should last forever. Being in the car biz anything with a circuit will break at some point some times for no reason at all.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    This thread was enough to convince me. When I originally bought my safe I knew to go with a dial lock, but I didn't and have had reservations ever since. I just purchased the dial lock to swap out my electronic. Seeing how the lock was about a 4th of what a locksmith would cost I figure it's a wise move.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    This thread was enough to convince me. When I originally bought my safe I knew to go with a dial lock, but I didn't and have had reservations ever since. I just purchased the dial lock to swap out my electronic. Seeing how the lock was about a 4th of what a locksmith would cost I figure it's a wise move.

Link?

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I got mine on Amazon to replace the stack on electronic I had issues with. Watch the YouTube videos and it's an easy swap. practice a lot locking and unlocking before closing the door.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    For anyone considering changing their lock, here is a nice detailed video showing the process.

[video=youtube;mjmLG8tNfWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmLG8tNfWQ[/video]

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    The Keypad on the Cannon safe I had, was plugged into the rotobolt mechanism. The wire was fed thru a small hole in the anti drill plate on the other side where it plugged into the mechanical part. The only way to change a keypad from the outside would be to rewire a new keypad to the wire coming out of the safe as far as I could tell. I had the door panel off of mine and disassembled the rotobolt mechanism while troubleshooting my problem. There is no way to plug a new keypad in from the outside of the safe. I didn't take the keypad apart to see how the wire was attached to it.
    When cannon Safes had me on the phone the customer support person had me unplug the battery then unplug the keypad. I was holding the keypad in my hand and the wire was not pluged in. The wire was still hooked to the bolt lock actuator. The keypad was bad per customer support, number 9 on key pad will not beep when pushed. Yes the default code for my safe has a number 9 in it. They are trying to find a locksmith in my area with a keypad that will plug into my existing wire. Its been a few days and no email back from Cannon safes as they promised it would be one to two days.:xmad:

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    If your near the North Vernon area then I would be more then willing to pay you to get me into the safe. I have the prof that its mine, and I would also have no problem having a sheriffs deputy meet us at my place and let them watch. They will be able to verify its mine ,LOL.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    If your near the North Vernon area then I would be more then willing to pay you to get me into the safe. I have the prof that its mine, and I would also have no problem having a sheriffs deputy meet us at my place and let them watch. They will be able to verify its mine ,LOL.

Cannon doesn't have an approved service provider in your area? I am a member of a safe/vault tech organization and can post an inquiry asking if there is anyone close to your area. I am approximately 2 hours SW, but there has to be someone much closer to you then that.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Have you tried to Jump the wires coming out of the Safe? Check the Voltage, how many Batteries, what Volt? Are there only 2 wires that attach to the Keypad? Check with an Ohmeter to determine which is Ground (Earth if your British). Hook up the Batteries to see if the little motor turns the little gears that Open the Safe! I know this sounds way too easy.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Cannon doesn't have an approved service provider in your area? I am a member of a safe/vault tech organization and can post an inquiry asking if there is anyone close to your area. I am approximately 2 hours SW, but there has to be someone much closer to you then that.
    As far as service provider in my area I don't have a clue. If you can post if someone is closer to me then that's fine. I'm just about read to cut in to that son of a gun!

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Have you tried to Jump the wires coming out of the Safe? Check the Voltage, how many Batteries, what Volt? Are there only 2 wires that attach to the Keypad? Check with an Ohmeter to determine which is Ground (Earth if your British). Hook up the Batteries to see if the little motor turns the little gears that Open the Safe! I know this sounds way too easy.
    New batteries don't work, I have 9.42 volts coming out. There are four wires coming off the keypad heading into the safe, one red, one black one yellow and last one is green. We have tried using a ohmer and don't get any place with that. If I don't hear from cannon safes soon, I'm going in via the bottom with a saw.

Top Bottom