• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've only been to the Carmel PB range one time to shoot. Kind of kept to myself and my shooting lanes.

As a question, do the SO's have authority to tell shooters they have violated safety rules and, further, do they/have they expelled any shooters ?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I've only been to the Carmel PB range one time to shoot. Kind of kept to myself and my shooting lanes.

As a question, do the SO's have authority to tell shooters they have violated safety rules and, further, do they/have they expelled any shooters ?
    I'm not sure on the authority they might have on tossing peeps out but a young female asked me about three times for my tax stamp on my suppressor.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    images

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wait, so, gun safety is important?

Who knew?

Perhaps we need, directives? No. Guidelines? No. We'll call them "rules". We'll need a number of these rules, not so many that it will be hard to recall them, but not too few. Maybe, 3? Maybe, 5? Maybe the number between 3 and 5?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    i like shooting outdoors at Johnson County Park. They run a safe range there. Not saying accidents never happen there but I like it a whole lot better than indoor shooting.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, is there any more information on how a bullet hit a stanchion and came back to the shooter? I've shot at PB Carmel often, and the only way I can imagine this scenario happening is back where the shooter stands. I don't recall any stanchions in the actual range area.

Was this an ND/AD in the stall?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    So, is there any more information on how a bullet hit a stanchion and came back to the shooter? I've shot at PB Carmel often, and the only way I can imagine this scenario happening is back where the shooter stands. I don't recall any stanchions in the actual range area.

Was this an ND/AD in the stall?

There are the pillars covered in metal about 18 yards out.. I know some people have shot at those and the safety officers don't like that. Again... wasn't me.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There are the pillars covered in metal about 18 yards out.. I know some people have shot at those and the safety officers don't like that. Again... wasn't me.

Got it. My mind is totally drawing a blank on those (pardon the possible pun). Funny how the brain blocks out things.

I can't imagine trying to shoot at something like that intentionally. People confuse the heck out of me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom