• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I too have a lock box in my car, but my understanding was always its illegal to even have a firearm in your car on post office property. I park next door (at the police station) and leave my firearm when I have to go to the post office. I may be wrong but have always erred on the safe side.

Any LEO or legal comment welcome.
    How do they know you have a firearm on their property?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Bonidy was after both.

USPS is federal property. Show where either of those cases ruled that certain areas, to include federal property, could not be regulated.
    But before Bruen. I doubt the court would pass up the case today if it came before them. The reasoning the 10 Circuit used is in direct conflict with that decision.

It would be interesting to see if they feel that banning possession of a gun in a parking lot was a reasonable restriction. I would guess not.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    I do know earlier this year I had to ship my new m&p back up to S&W. Had a defect from the factory. They sent me a shipping label for fedex. I put the handgun in the factory box, then put that in a fedex box. I told the lady at the desk that the email had instructed me to inform them it was a firearm. It went smoothly and s&w got it quickly. So, a non ffl was able to ship to an ffl via fedex. And of course it had to be shipped back to ffl, since they did a frame replacement. They said if they didn't do the frame replacement, that they could ship it directly back to me.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I do know earlier this year I had to ship my new m&p back up to S&W. Had a defect from the factory. They sent me a shipping label for fedex. I put the handgun in the factory box, then put that in a fedex box. I told the lady at the desk that the email had instructed me to inform them it was a firearm. It went smoothly and s&w got it quickly. So, a non ffl was able to ship to an ffl via fedex. And of course it had to be shipped back to ffl, since they did a frame replacement. They said if they didn't do the frame replacement, that they could ship it directly back to me.
    Yes, a FFL can send you a label and you can ship but the label creator has to be a FFL with a contract with FedEx.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    For as long as I can remember it has been lawful for a private person (non FFL) to ship a firearm to a manufacturer for repair and have the manufacturer ship it directly back to the private person. IIRC it is a specific exception as part of the 68 GCA.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    For as long as I can remember it has been lawful for a private person (non FFL) to ship a firearm to a manufacturer for repair and have the manufacturer ship it directly back to the private person. IIRC it is a specific exception as part of the 68 GCA.
    Yes there is an exception, and it covers more than returning to the manufacturer. See section (2).

But postal regulations prohibit concealable firearms by regular people.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    As an Update. I heard back from Cheesecake Factory corporate and they said it is company wide policy that only Officers are allowed to carry in their restaurants. So, either don't go or conceal. Because they have nothing posted.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    That must be some killer cheese cake to give up your right for.
    Joe Biden would be so proud of you.
    I will put this place on my'' never to support'' list,many places have cheese cake!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    As an Update. I heard back from Cheesecake Factory corporate and they said it is company wide policy that only Officers are allowed to carry in their restaurants. So, either don't go or conceal. Because they have nothing posted.
    If that response is verbatim Problem solved. Conceal :shady: and enjoy your Cheese cake

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Open carry is for people that like to get kicked out of Cheesecake Factory and the Post Office.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Open carry is for people that like to get kicked out of Cheesecake Factory and the Post Office.

And get murdered by someone trying to take their gun, at least in Indy. Recently had another such incident. Two this year, but one was a suspect known to the victim so they knew he had a gun anyway. Most recent was straight up opportunistic strangers. They aren't afraid of you, they aren't afraid of your gun, and aren't 'deterred' by either.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And get murdered by someone trying to take their gun, at least in Indy. Recently had another such incident. Two this year, but one was a suspect known to the victim so they knew he had a gun anyway. Most recent was straight up opportunistic strangers. They aren't afraid of you, they aren't afraid of your gun, and aren't 'deterred' by either.
    back.gif

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    OC is character defining to say the least. Just another way of rubbing it in the lefts face which does nothing but enable the disintegration of our rights. Perhaps We should choose our battles more wisely.?

Top Bottom