• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    First let me start by saying that I have not been in on any of the discussions, secrete meetings, hell I don't even know the cool inside guy hand shake for USPSA...

This is simply about marketing. USPSA as lost vendor support and sponsoring from the major hand gun manufacturers that use to dominate production division, Now over 50-60% of the guns used in production are either CZ or Tanfo.

The market trend for the major hg folks are guns ready for slide mounted optics, that is what leo and mil are going to, and the civilian market follows. By trying out Carry Optics it puts USPSA back in line with the big manufacturers to give a space where they will have competitive handguns, get's us ahead of where the civilian market will be trending in the near future as LEO and MIL adopt this type of handgun.

They have not released all the details (which was stupid to not do it) but modifications are going to be extremely limited, weight is going to be extremely limited (33-35oz) so it is not just a gun off the approved production list.
    Will it take off, will it die, who knows. Will there be new members, or just cross over...who knows

Does it effect you if you are already shooting one or two divisions of the other divisions now?

Personally just from a marketing stand point to give the manufacturers a playground for the new stuff is a good idea.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    First let me start by saying that I have not been in on any of the discussions, secrete meetings, hell I don't even know the cool inside guy hand shake for USPSA...

This is simply about marketing. USPSA as lost vendor support and sponsoring from the major hand gun manufacturers that use to dominate production division, Now over 50-60% of the guns used in production are either CZ or Tanfo.

The market trend for the major hg folks are guns ready for slide mounted optics, that is what leo and mil are going to, and the civilian market follows. By trying out Carry Optics it puts USPSA back in line with the big manufacturers to give a space where they will have competitive handguns, get's us ahead of where the civilian market will be trending in the near future as LEO and MIL adopt this type of handgun.

They have not released all the details (which was stupid to not do it) but modifications are going to be extremely limited, weight is going to be extremely limited (33-35oz) so it is not just a gun off the approved production list.
    Will it take off, will it die, who knows. Will there be new members, or just cross over...who knows

Does it effect you if you are already shooting one or two divisions of the other divisions now?

Personally just from a marketing stand point to give the manufacturers a playground for the new stuff is a good idea.

I agree with everything you just said!!!! I may have an MI.
    Why announce this without including some sort of provisional rules?
    I may be interested in it if there is major scoring and something more than a 10 round limit.My eyes aren't getting any better but I'm not shooting Minor power factor.
    Minor is stupid:):

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with everything you just said!!!! I may have an MI.
    Why announce this without including some sort of provisional rules?
    I may be interested in it if there is major scoring and something more than a 10 round limit.My eyes aren't getting any better but I'm not shooting Minor power factor.
    Minor is stupid:):
    10 round minor...
    minor is easier with a dot!!

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    My preference would be:

Frame or slide mounted optics. Iron sights also allowed. (You can include lasers if you really want to be all inclusive)
    Minor scoring.
    No limits on holster/mag pouch position except must be on belt and within the typical 2"
    16rd mag capacity (I would limit it on length but I'd rather let people compete with 9's and 40's with the same round count)
    Allow cocked and locked or DA
    No comps

Basically allow people to shoot their carry gear but also allow the person with an Edge or Witness Limited to throw on a C-More and shoot it as well. I would prefer to not allow slide lightening but you already have the production guns with that feature. I don't think slide cuts on a minor gun would offer much of an advantage so you might as well allow it. Plus anyone could easily throw a dot on their Limited gun and start shooting 40 minor. People could easily jump back and forth between divisions.

To me, all the productions rules but with an optic limits it too much. I would rather see a division that doesn't regulate the guns as much but utilizes minor scoring, "typical" mag capacity, and the ability to set up your holster as an individual wants. I would think this would bring more shooters than carry optics. (At the same time, eliminate L10) :twocents:

PS. If you don't like the 16rd mag capacity, I would then change it to 10rds minor, 8rds major. Major must be .40 or greater. Then you can have more major/minor debate :rolleyes:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    TLDR version:
    I might shoot a couple matches with my Limited gun and a bolt-on C-more for fun if they allowed it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A division with 16 round magazine capacity and any holster position would be cool. I meet people all the time that ask me about our local club matches. I think the idea of needing a bunch of magazines and magazine holders keeps them from trying the game. Lot of gear is intimidating. The idea that a person could buy a new gun with three mags, plastic holster and double mag pouch to start off might help attract new shooters. Right now their option is to shoot limited minor.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Weight rules are stupid.
    10 rounds in Production is stupid.
    10 rounds in a carry division is double stupid.
    Let this division be an arms race and let the best gun win.
    Guns on a list is stupid.
    Carry optics is the division let me shoot what I carry.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Always with the negative waves, Moirarty.

Woof, woof!!

Just like Harry Truman. I tell the truth and folks just think its hell. By the way glad to see you post I was beginning to think you had died.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Weight rules are stupid.

Agreed, let em load those mags up for this new division!

Walt G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hendricks co
    Weight rules are stupid.

:yesway:
    let me shoot my g19 with rmr from appendex with my mags full!

Top Bottom