Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    if you allowed an STI framed full size single action gun vs a production polymer gun what do you think people would choose?

Production guns loaded to factory magazine capacity and the division makes sense.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The reason Carry Optics will never allow the magazines to be loaded to capacity is because it would gut the Production division and everyone would shoot carry optics even if they don't have an optic and they will have more fun. So the bottom line is this division is meant to bring in money for the organization by giving the industry a way to sell guns and screw the members who want to load their magazines up.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The reason Carry Optics will never allow the magazines to be loaded to capacity is because it would gut the Production division and everyone would shoot carry optics even if they don't have an optic and they will have more fun. So the bottom line is this division is meant to bring in money for the organization by giving the industry a way to sell guns and screw the members who want to load their magazines up.

I am starting to sense some degree of disapproval here.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am starting to sense some degree of disapproval here.

Leadership of an organization that does not pay attention to the members and never does any polling to see what the membership thinks is ridiculous. Gun owners all over the nation moan about magazine restrictions then an organization that preaches freestyle limits itself. Stupid.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I want a division where my j frame from an ankle holster "is competitive"

There also should be a division where hi points "are competitive"

and while we're at it, we need a division in which only plastic guns are allowed because steel CZ pattern guns have become so dominant.

There should also be a division just for HK products, because lord knows none of them would be competing anywhere else, not even in the plastic gun division proposed above.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    we need a division in which only plastic guns are allowed because steel CZ pattern guns have become so dominant.

Of all your requests this one has already happened. The new Carry Optics has done this. Which is another reason that the division is stupid. I am not sure which direction you are going with your point, but I agree we have enough division already and that we should not make a division for everything. As much fun as a 32 rounds course of fire might be with a derringer I think it is unnecessary.

But I think if you are going to put in a Carry Optics division, which they did, then it should pay attention to Carry part of its name. A Glock 19 as one example should be a carry gun that fits. Location of holster should only be enforced by the 180. Can you holster without breaking it. It is also bull**** to put a weight limit in place that disqualifies guns that have come to dominate a similar division. How is that good for shooters?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    We need more divisions, so that the rules give everyone's pet pistol a place to "be competitive"

think of of all the HK/hi point/FN 5.7 fanboys/misc turd gun we could get to participate if only we had Divisions where those turd guns would "be competitive"! And better yet, more divisons means more participation awards! People would be really excited about the chance at winning one of the classes in the "HK45 L10 optic with tactical plate carrier" division.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    +1 to HK turd guns !! :nuts: $900 Hi-Point !

Can you imagine going from an H&K to a stock Glock and having your trigger be 300 % better ???

:40oz:

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't care for some of the specific rules (I think prod rules & gun list + another couple oz allowed would have basically set the division up for more participation and easier officiating), and I don't like the name, but I think the division has some potential.

Part of the reason I don't like the name is because of what's already shown up in this thread... people will want it to match how they carry their gun... Then people won't participate because the rules don't match how they carry. When shooting prod, I don't feel "oppressed" because I can only put 10 rounds in the mag, but I do like that the new guy at our club match shooting his G26 keeps coming back because his gun has a place to fit in...

I don't see myself setting up a gun for this division any time soon, but I would long before I'd buy a gamer revolver or shoot L10, so it's already not the division I'd like to see go away most. :) I'll be interested to see the final rules... maybe I'll compete in it w/ my regular production gun (irons, no dot) just to see how things stack up!

It's been 10 yrs since I shot a slide-ride dot. I remember it being... "weird." lots of movement happening in the body of the scope. Dot reliability will be a huge factor, and the micro dot industry as a whole may benefit from this division.

We love innovation, except when it creates change! :n00b:
    Worst case... it's wildly successful and slightly dilutes the existing divisions.
    If it flounders, it'll just be another hider division (like L10) and maybe get removed after further review (unlike L10).

-rvb

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom