• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wife conned me into getting a cat. Ended up with a kitten from the shelter. Might also end up with a REALLY REALLY laid back adult cat too. Like "touch me anywhere as long as you are petting me" laid back. (belly isnt off limits) Ive never seen a cat so mellow. He's more like a dog. (I think we will at least foster him most likely)

We pick him up on Sunday, but we cant agree on names.

We started out with Nacho. (He's Nacho (not your) cat!) I like tacocat. (palindrome) Marvin is my Son's favorite, and my 7yo daughter is all over the board. (even making up gibberish names)

So what says INGO? Whats his name?

IMG_2885.JPG

His tail is cool too. Its tan/white raccoon striped.

Coon.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There is absolutely no reason to name a cat. They don't come to you when you call them, so why bother.

Naming a cat makes about as much sense as naming a house plant ... a gold fish ... or a deaf kid.

At the end of the day, you have to throw something at them to get their attention.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    There is absolutely no reason to name a cat. They don't come to you when you call them, so why bother.

Naming a cat makes about as much sense as naming a house plant ... a gold fish ... or a deaf kid.

At the end of the day, you have to throw something at them to get their attention.

Speaking as someone who is partially deaf, I'll be polite and just say I disagree with you.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

I disagree....We have Cats that will come when called, also if they are in the room and you say their name they will look at you...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Previous cat was LC (or Elsie) for Little Cat.
    Current cat is KC (Kacey) for Kitty Cat.

My wife's cat was Lilly. She wanted to name her Tiger, but she had no stripes (tortoiseshell), so for some odd reason, she named her Lilly.

So.... if I had my pick, I'd go with DC (or DeeCee), for Damn Cat.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very few of my pets have ever really kept their original names. I always come up with some other nickname for them that sticks. Our current cat's "real" name is Misty, because she's a calico/tabby mix and her markings aren't sharply defined (they're "misty"). Because she would seem to magically "appear" in places (for example I could walk from one room, where she was laying on the couch, into another room and find her laying in there, looking not like she just gotten there, but as if she had been relaxing there for awhile), I started calling her "Mystical".

Then, she jumped overboard from our boat at night down on Lake Monroe and was lost for 9 days before being found in the woods by a little girl who took her to a vet in Ellettsville. (She was chipped.) When we got her home, she looked like she had swallowed a basketball and gained a lot of weight. After that, I started calling her Chunky Butt. Chunky Butt has now morphed into "Chunkadoodle" or just "Chunkadoo".

Top Bottom