• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have carried my G26 in a crossbreed super tuck for several years. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever had. There are a lot of good products out there and what works for me may not work for you. Body shape is the reason for so many choices. I tried a CompTac and it just did not work for me, but I know a number of people who love them. You will just have to try some and see what works for you.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    It depends if you are the type to strap it in and just leave the holster be, or if you have situations or preferences that require you to remove the holster and weapon more than once on an average day.

if you don't need or want to take it off other than bedtime, a hybrid IWB is a really good choice. Lots of great options, but I would recommend AGAINST the Galco KingTuk. The leather is flimsy and does not hold up well to holstering repeatedly. For the price it costs you could get a custom made holster of simply better quality.

if you want on and off kydex is probably the way to go, though there are a couple makers that do single FOMI clip hybrids, like Theis Holsters that also fit the bill. Of the kydex makers, JM custom and Multi Holsters are a couple of the very best. RCS is also very good.

I do not plan on removing the gun on an every day basis... nor frequently when I am out.

If you like a hybrid holster, check out White Hat Holsters. Since you're in Indiana, you'll want their horsehide because of the humidity. They use really nice hardware, and their kydex is swappable if you want to use the holster with another gun. Their hybrid holsters are VERY nice.

If you want a full kydex IWB, check out JM Customs. They make some really nice ones. Dale Fricke was already mentioned. His are nice as well.

I have looked into the White Hat Holsters. But I am not certain if I need something that is this nice. I do want something that I could possibly wear when sitting or driving. I agree that IWB holster is the preferred holster. But I don't want something that sits in my backside when sitting.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like the Remora holsters. Their different and they fit very comfortably without the high price. I do like the Old Faithful High Riser though. If I could find a kydex holster locally for a lot less than that price, I would seriously think of purchasing one.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have looked into the White Hat Holsters. But I am not certain if I need something that is this nice. I do want something that I could possibly wear when sitting or driving. I agree that IWB holster is the preferred holster. But I don't want something that sits in my backside when sitting.

I agree about the hybrids. I tried them out, and did not like them. They work very well for some people. It's why lots of us have a bucket of old holsters. You have to try it to see if it works for you.
    But if you do like hybrids, White Hat is one of the best.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Are you comfortable with, or of a build that is conducive to, appendix carry? This could be a good solution if so. IMO, JM Custom makes the best appendix IWB out there.

if that isn't your thing, I'd say the next best would be something like the Theis Holsters quick clip model. It's a hybrid with a small footprint, attaches with a FOMI clip which is a wide clip, can be worn in pretty much any position, between belt and pants or IWB. I had one for my P938 and was really pleased with it. I believe he has a 2-3 week trial period where you can return it for a full refund if it isn't for you.

many makers have such customer service policies, I suggest picking something you think you would like from a maker that does, that way you have a backup plan.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Another vote for N82! Comfy, and easy to put on

I like the N82 holsters, but am not a fan of the retention technique for the hybrid/pro models. For many guns you really need to make a wrist twist to break retention, and that feels totally unnatural for me. If it was the only holster I'd ever wear, it would just be a simple training issue, but it isn't.

I have one of the classic models still, and use it when I want to conceal a larger pistol with some outfits that don't really mesh with other holsters.

They are good products and very comfy, just not for everyone or every occasion.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I like the N82 Tactical holsters, too. The original, non-tuckable is my favorite. N82 has a dealer up in West Lafayette and I picked up an Original Compact for my Sig P320 compact and it is super-comfortable and conceals very well. I can't imagine a more comfortable IWB.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The absolute best CCW holster is an IWB holster, which means In The Waistband.

The ABSOLUTE BEST IWB holster is the Comp-TAC MTAC, which is a leather/Kydex hybrid holster. If you research it, you'll find that I am correct in saying it's the best.

Now, if you're interested in Appendix carry, the Dale Fricke Archangel holster is the best.

/thread

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    The " Sticky Holster". Designed and sold by ex-Ramora employee. Most comfortable and easy to use holster I have ever worn.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The " Sticky Holster". Designed and sold by ex-Ramora employee. Most comfortable and easy to use holster I have ever worn.

No.

No. No. No. No. No.

No.

Please carry responsibly in a quality, secure holster, or don't carry at all.

Remoras are barely a step above Mexican carry.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    No.

No. No. No. No. No.

No.

Please carry responsibly in a quality, secure holster, or don't carry at all.

Remoras are barely a step above Mexican carry.

Thread drift, but I agree. I see all kinds of people talking about using a Remora holster and I can hardly believe it. That thing is good for pocket carry and that would be it in my mind.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Thread drift, but I agree. I see all kinds of people talking about using a Remora holster and I can hardly believe it. That thing is good for pocket carry and that would be it in my mind.
    You people don't know squat. Have you ever tried a Sticky Holster? I didn't think so. Internet know it alls. My way is the only way BS

Top Bottom