• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    You people don't know squat. Have you ever tried a Sticky Holster? I didn't think so. Internet know it alls. My way is the only way BS

Nobody said their way was the only way. If you like that type of holster, fine. For me, a holster has to stay open after the draw for reholstering. It has to stay in place when fighting or engaging in other strenuous physical activity. It has to have some good retention. It has to stay in place when I lower my trousers. Those are some important criteria that, for me, the Remora type holster doesn't meet. Yes, I own one, and again IMHO I would use it for nothing but pocket carry.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You people don't know squat. Have you ever tried a Sticky Holster? I didn't think so. Internet know it alls. My way is the only way BS

Yes I own several. In fact I introduced them to my local gun shop who became a vendor. They work better then I would expect so long as you wear a good belt and only cost about $20. The Sticky is functional. They are not a quality holster! I do buy these as I find them useful for moving loaded guns around the house or when I put my Glock in its little portable safe. Basically a compact way to cover the trigger. My wife keeps her 1911 in one while it is in the fast access safe. check the attitude and heed the advice of people who know what works.

I personally carry in a Comp-Tac Mtac

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    People on the internet forums usually don't know squat. Just uniformed opionions. I dont have an "attitude". I live in the real world, not some fictional battle zone that most of you think you live in. I dont need to reholster my weapon when I carry everyday. I don't need retention when concealed carrying. I don't need to spend $90 on a holster. My "Sticky" is comfortable, functional, well made and inexpensive. I dont need to wear a belt to hold the holster when I wear shorts either. I am just tired of wannabe operators and their Glocks.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    People on the internet forums usually don't know squat. Just uniformed opionions. I dont have an "attitude". I live in the real world, not some fictional battle zone that most of you think you live in. I dont need to reholster my weapon when I carry everyday. I don't need retention when concealed carrying. I don't need to spend $90 on a holster. My "Sticky" is comfortable, functional, well made and inexpensive. I dont need to wear a belt to hold the holster when I wear shorts either. I am just tired of wannabe operators and their Glocks.

So...much...fail...

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    I just wanted information on a good holster. Thanks everyone for providing great suggestions.[/QUOTE
    I've got a huge box of them. Dont listen to these people, including me. You just have to try them to see which one is for you.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Was getting dressed yesterday to take my wife to a musical in Indianapolis. As I was preparing to enter the urban war zone that is downtown Indy I got thinking about this particular INGO thread as well as others I have been read recently. Normally I ignore the sage advice of INGO because I am an internet bad@&&. But yesterday was different. So I went to load up my Walther P22, SR22 or M&P 22 compact because they are very light weight and I figure I could shoot somebody in the face 11 times in 2 seconds. No dice because I don't own any of those guns and my local gun shop was closed due to their relocating to a new building this week. That left the Kel-Tec or Ruger LCP because they are so small and easy to carry around. Problem is I traded off the last of the household .380s several months ago. Darn, what was I going to do? I had to take my wife to Indy because she said so, but I wanted to carry my gun. Plus to make matters worse Mrs. VERT said I had to wear decent pants and a tucked in shirt. I immediately went to the computer and ran an internet search but all the advice was just too confusing.

So.......I put on the pants and shirt that Mrs. VERT gave the ok to wear and then put on my normal belt, holster and gun. I slipped an extra mag into my pocket instead of clipping on a weak side mag pouch and then tucked in my shirt.

I had "The Boy" (aka VERT Jr.) snap a picture of me with the smart phone. Since this thread is about CCW holsters and such I decided to post the picture on INGO. Would anybody care to guess what my gear consists of?

FullSizeRender_zps54a961fd.jpg

Edit: I would like to add that we did in fact return from Indy alive. Several times during the day I walked past Indianapolis and Butler University police officers. I was waiting for one of them to throw me to the ground and curb stomp me on the spot. But to my surprise they politely and professionally directed traffic or simply waved as they watched the crowd. Hmm.........

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Was getting dressed yesterday to take my wife to a musical in Indianapolis. As I was preparing to enter the urban war zone that is downtown Indy I got thinking about this particular INGO thread as well as others I have been read recently. Normally I ignore the sage advice of INGO because I am an internet bad@&&. But yesterday was different. So I went to load up my Walther P22, SR22 or M&P 22 compact because they are very light weight and I figure I could shoot somebody in the face 11 times in 2 seconds. No dice because I don't own any of those guns and my local gun shop was closed due to their relocating to a new building this week. That left the Kel-Tec or Ruger LCP because they are so small and easy to carry around. Problem is I traded off the last of the household .380s several months ago. Darn, what was I going to do? I had to take my wife to Indy because she said so, but I wanted to carry my gun. Plus to make matters worse Mrs. VERT said I had to wear decent pants and a tucked in shirt. I immediately went to the computer and ran an internet search but all the advice was just too confusing.

So.......I put on the pants and shirt that Mrs. VERT gave the ok to wear and then put on my normal belt, holster and gun. I slipped an extra mag into my pocket instead of clipping on a weak side mag pouch and then tucked in my shirt.

I had "The Boy" (aka VERT Jr.) snap a picture of me with the smart phone. Since this thread is about CCW holsters and such I decided to post the picture on INGO. Would anybody care to guess what my gear consists of?

Edit: I would like to add that we did in fact return from Indy alive. Several times during the day I walked past Indianapolis and Butler University police officers. I was waiting for one of them to throw me to the ground and curb stomp me on the spot. But to my surprise they politely and professionally directed traffic or simply waved as they watched the crowd. Hmm.........

I was going to say the S&W snub in a Remora pocket holster but I am not seeing the obvious pocket printing so I will go with the S&W 1911 style lightweight in whatever tuckable holster you use? (Sorry I forget which one)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was going to say the S&W snub in a Remora pocket holster but I am not seeing the obvious pocket printing so I will go with the S&W 1911 style lightweight in whatever tuckable holster you use? (Sorry I forget which one)

You don't count because you know me too well. I couldn't carry the snub because last time I did you embarrassed me on INGO. :( Besides I was in Indy yesterday and therefor had to go to the office and mow my grass today. It is common knowledge that my 642 is my weekend office and grass mowing gun. The little revolver rides in a Mika pocket holster. As far as the tuckable holster, check out post #44 or take Chezuki's advice. Crossbreed is good stuff as well. I am not at all impressed with the Alien Gear stuff.

Edit: Chezuki's and Lovemachines both give great advice. Don't forget the lovemachine. Sorry man.

IMG_20140405_213616_zpse06b60de.jpg

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :dunno:

I have multiple holsters for each firearm, to allow for my mode of dress for a given day, whether that's jeans, or a tuxedo.

I've had no issues using a Blackhawk Serpa for CC, as well as various shoulder holsters, OWB holsters, and so on. The only IWB holsters I have are for small of back carry. Never had an issue CC'ing with a 'conventional' belt or shoulder rig.

Then again, since I CC most of the time, I dress accordingly.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Nobody can say what the best holster is, just what the best holster for them is. Whether or not a holster works well is extremely subjective. You'll probably go through a few before you find one you like. That said, my suggestions are as follows:

Gcode INCOG - IWB, best for appendix carry
    Crossbreed(or really any of this style of holster) - IWB, hybrid design, conceals well, but is hard to get on, and is hot in the summer
    Raven concealment Phantom - OWB, kydex, holds very close to the body, especially with pancake wings
    Raven Concealment Vanguard (if you happen to carry a Glock or M&P) adds no bulk to the gun. Great design.

Those are the ones I've had good luck with. Your millage may vary.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    You don't count because you know me too well. I couldn't carry the snub because last time I did you embarrassed me on INGO. :( Besides I was in Indy yesterday and therefor had to go to the office and mow my grass today. It is common knowledge that my 642 is my weekend office and grass mowing gun. The little revolver rides in a Mika pocket holster. As far as the tuckable holster, check out post #44 or take Chezuki's advice. Crossbreed is good stuff as well. I am not at all impressed with the Alien Gear stuff.

Edit: Chezuki's and Lovemachines both give great advice. Don't forget the lovemachine. Sorry man.

Yeah, but you drive a Ford...

j/k--great post :)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Nice!

Thanks man, makes me feel good when someone like you actually thinks I give great advice :)

A couple weeks ago, my wife and I rode with her parents to Evansville for a BORING wedding. It was a 4 hour drive for us, one way. The whole time, I had carried my Glock 26 in my Dale Fricke Archangel, which is an AIWB holster. I also had a spare mag in the pocket. Being in dress pants and a nice shirt tucked in, it was surprising you couldn't tell I was carrying, and I don't wear baggy clothes.

I see no reason to own any small pocket gun since I was able to conceal that Glock 26 quite easily.

It makes a HUGE difference if you have a quality holster and belt. IMO, if more people invested in those like they do their guns, the number of small pocket gun purchases would rapidly decrease.

Top Bottom