• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Lovemachine can you post a pic of the Dale Frick. Got s friend at work asking me about a Glock 26 or shield AIWB. He owns a nice LCR with Crimson Trace as well as a Glock 17. I suggested investing in a good holster and belt instead of another gun.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im a huge fan of the littlefoxx from Foxx Holsters.

"Little FoxX" Hybrid Holster

Comfortable, good retention, just dont bend the clip too far to take it on and off. Its kydex, and it will break eventually. Mine broke after 6 months of bending it WAY too much. Once it broke, I realized I broke it, and started being more careful. Its been a year, maybe 18 months since then, with no issues. I carry my Glock 23 in it every day.

LukeDuke25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    World Traveler
    Lots of good holsters out there. I have a few from Shield Holsters in Decatur. They can make a nice variety both IWB and OWB. They have made several for me, and all top-quality. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shield-Holsters/1383067298599090

10414563_1392390697666750_3066015274986775782_n.jpg

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I've tried them all and I prefer the hybrid type (Crossbreed Supertuck) the best. IWB holds the gun closer to the body and with the hybrid it's leather against your side not hard kydex but you still get the positive click of the gun with the kydex shell, best of both worlds.

The other point to make on this type of holster is the 2 spaced out clips. The holster does not move. I have never liked the single clip IWB holsters as they always move around.

Last thing I'll say (and probably most important) is get yourself a quality gun belt. No holster is going to serve you well on a flimsy Wal-Mart belt.

My carry setup is a Glock 19 in a Galco KingTuk. Backup mag in a standard Blackhawk mag pouch.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    In process of changing my CCW back to 9mm for many reasons. Wish I never got rid of all the holsters and accessories way back when. Currently using a Blade-Tech Phantom IWB. Would like to get another Milt Sparks style Summer Special. Used one for many years and loved it.
    I've been trying to figure out the hybrids etc. I have attempted to like them but, IMHO, they take up way to much room with all the "base/ backing" that everything is bolted to. I only have a 33" waist and all that leather and kydex just doesn't work for me.
    Everybody is different so try a bunch of different ones and get what works for YOU.

Bob

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I use Karmer IWB holsters of horse hide. Inside the Waistband Holsters IWB I have used Kramer holsters almost as long as they have made holsters. I have tried lots of other brands but always return to Kramer. I carry 1911's, 3"-6". Also carry S&W 4013TSW, S&W 1006 or Glock 17 or 19 in one on left side at times. Use a Galco shoulder holster for 5" Colt 1911 or S&W 1006. I have carried for about 60 years and that is what works for me. I find leather is better than hybord or plastic, but thats me. In the field I like Simply Rugged Simply Rugged Holsters ? Holsters, Gun Belts, Ammo Pouches and Accessories it carries my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan just fine. The whole time in Alaska it sat right where I wanted it.

Top Bottom