• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As this is chicago I have to believe there's some funding/machine/patronage jobs angle to this, or maybe it's just my suspicious nature. I'm assuming the article is correct and these people are real CPD cops and not some strange variation of pseudo police, just doesn't make sense for them to at least have sidearms.

Always follow the money

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    According to their Union rep, they go through the Chicago Policy Academy, they are qualified with firearms and must re-qualify every year. According to the CNN report, they are sworn LEO, many from suburban PDs.

Thankfully, according to the CNN report, Chicago airport is the only airport with unarmed Aviation Police. (I hope that's true, that only Chicago is this stupid, but not putting faith in it)

It is correct.

They are sworn, do not carry on duty...

Are instructed to contact CPD if it hits the fan...

Pretty much unarmed security , but with perks.

I read elsewhere, from a source with unknown veracity, that they are in fact issued firearms, but upon arriving at the airport, must secure them in lock boxes, similar to police securing their firearms at a prison.

Any idea if that is true?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Not as unusual as you might think and not new by any means. Anybody here remember the Block's department stores? I was working part time for them at the Southern Plaza store many years ago when I was a shiny new IPD officer. At that time, shoplifting was known to be a million dollar a year enterprise in Indpls. Block's management decided we couldn't carry guns so I quit. Shortly afterward, a shoplifter shot and killed a security guy at the Lafayette Square store. He was not IPD but had special deputy powers and could have been carrying a gun. No way of knowing if a gun might have saved his life but Block's policy made sure we'll never know.

"I'm not a security guard, I'm a security monitor..............."

As for that Islam thing.........remember what momma' said!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not as unusual as you might think and not new by any means. Anybody here remember the Block's department stores? I was working part time for them at the Southern Plaza store many years ago when I was a shiny new IPD officer. At that time, shoplifting was known to be a million dollar a year enterprise in Indpls. Block's management decided we couldn't carry guns so I quit. Shortly afterward, a shoplifter shot and killed a security guy at the Lafayette Square store. He was not IPD but had special deputy powers and could have been carrying a gun. No way of knowing if a gun might have saved his life but Block's policy made sure we'll never know.

"I'm not a security guard, I'm a security monitor..............."

As for that Islam thing.........remember what momma' said!

You mean you're not shiny any more? :):

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bill of Rights - have you ever actually personally read the Quran? And you think it is a religion? Do you believe treating women like cattle and murdering your own daughter because she was raped a religious freedom? Or killing every single person who does not convert to your "religion" or anyone who insults the Prophet? Would you consider Fascists slaughtering Jews to be a religious belief and deserving protection under our Bill Of Rights? Is that a religious freedom protected by the Constitution? You might want to go talk to the citizens of Twin Falls Idaho where 3 muslim boys raped and urinated on a little 5 year old retarded girl. Talk to the Swedes and the Germans and the French. People who believe as you do are the reason for the insanity taking place in Europe right now and the mass shootings taking place in our country. And now you want to threaten ME? Who the hell do you think you are? Go ahead and ban me you pompous ass!
    :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
    :wow:
    :mods:
    Your wish is granted!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, do people still actually say "pompous ass?" That's a pretty high class insult. If someone called me that, in person, I'd expect them to calmly put away their snuff box, and then slap me across the face with a glove.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Just out of curiosity, do people still actually say "pompous ass?" That's a pretty high class insult. If someone called me that, in person, I'd expect them to calmly put away their snuff box, and then slap me across the face with a glove.

Lol

Maybe he listens to B&T. Tom Griswold says it all the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Why do so many have to shoot themselves in the foot.

Why.

What is about to happen is the ban on these discussions being brought back.
    It only takes a few to ruin it for the rest so keep it up.
    That would be sad. While I don't engage in any of the religious debate, I would hate to see the ban on such discussion return. Much better to have the occasional idiot flame out.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Police carrying sidearms and ARs will not stop anyone concealing a bomb. They might as well carry Bibles and cloves of garlic and sing Kumba Ya. It's just more airport security theater. And now they want to move the lines of people outside the airport to protect the building (because they know they cannot protect the people - but they might save the building which is worth a lot of money). They just don't get it. If you invite and allow insane suicidal Jihadists to invade your country by the thousands then every single place where large numbers of people gather is just another massacre waiting to happen. Wake up people - more security theater is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Islam is NOT a religion - it's a suicide cult and it deserves absolutely no protection from the "sensitive" liberal mindset.

This!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You mean you're not shiny any more? :):

Good-Bad-Shiny-1.jpg

You know, I'm so tempted to come up with something.... but it's too easy. Come ON!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Some of us still do, but we generally reserve it for special occasions, much like we don't wear a necktie regularly.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Some of us still do, but we generally reserve it for special occasions, much like we don't wear a necktie regularly.
    I sometimes will refer to someone as a "pompous ass" while standing on my veranda smoking a pipe and enjoying a snifter of brandy, usually, just before retiring to my study to watch the BBC channel.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I sometimes will refer to someone as a "pompous ass" while standing on my veranda smoking a pipe and enjoying a snifter of brandy, usually, just before retiring to my study to watch the BBC channel.

You're a couple of steps ahead of me. I would have to take up both drinking and smoking to catch up with you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom