• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I sometimes will refer to someone as a "pompous ass" while standing on my veranda smoking a pipe and enjoying a snifter of brandy, usually, just before retiring to my study to watch the BBC channel.

It's a corn cob pipe, the likker's from your cousin in Kentucky's still, and your snifter is a mason jar...
    And no KET 3 is not BBC....:)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just out of curiosity, do people still actually say "pompous ass?" That's a pretty high class insult. If someone called me that, in person, I'd expect them to calmly put away their snuff box, and then slap me across the face with a glove.

Some of us still do, but we generally reserve it for special occasions, much like we don't wear a necktie regularly.

I sometimes will refer to someone as a "pompous ass" while standing on my veranda smoking a pipe and enjoying a snifter of brandy, usually, just before retiring to my study to watch the BBC channel.

Sometimes it just fits. Like the blathering limey from across the pond. Tell me that when you try to imagine a pompous ass Piers Morgan's face doesn't fit the description perfectly.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

What part of "not allowed here" did you miss? Agreeing with a religious insult and re-posting it is the same thing as saying it yourself. You're allowed to think whatever you want to think. Do NOT post religious insults on this board.

The decision in May of 2015 was to allow discussion. Insults of this nature have never been OK, not of Islam, not of Christianity, not of any religion. This is not up for discussion. When these are seen, there will be infractions and there will be either vacations or permabans.

Neither I nor any of us here can end prejudice. Those who post it, however, will be leaving this board.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Sometimes it just fits. Like the blathering limey from across the pond. Tell me that when you try to imagine a pompous ass Piers Morgan's face doesn't fit the description perfectly.

I can actually hear him saying the words in self-description.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmmm.

Well, I can add this to the discussion:

1. I am pompous.
    2. I am an ass.

I'm not sure if I am a pompous ass, though. I predict that I will receive confirmation in 3, 2, 1, . . .

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hmmm.

Well, I can add this to the discussion:

1. I am pompous.
    2. I am an ass.

I'm not sure if I am a pompous ass, though. I predict that I will receive confirmation in 3, 2, 1, . . .

rocket-liftoff.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It is possible to be one or the other without being both. It takes practice and experience to be both. Being elected to some office can help one along, though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is possible to be one or the other without being both. It takes practice and experience to be both. Being elected to some office can help one along, though.

I am guessing that your adventures in life have brought you into contact with most every possible combination of character traits that can found combined on one person along with all of them occurring piecemeal.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    I read elsewhere, from a source with unknown veracity, that they are in fact issued firearms, but upon arriving at the airport, must secure them in lock boxes, similar to police securing their firearms at a prison.

Any idea if that is true?

Not to discredit them in any way because I know a few of them who are good guys...

Their issued weapons will NEVER be brought near the airport.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Not to discredit them in any way because I know a few of them who are good guys...

Their issued weapons will NEVER be brought near the airport.

I didn't mean to discredit the officers in any way... the administrators who set (stupid) policy, on the other hand...

So, it sounds like the jist is correct, they are issued weapons, but not allowed to carry them while on their duty assignment, the airport.

Top Bottom