• ...and so much more!
  • johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    More laws - that'll fix it!

What I see as the problem is a media-induced hypersensitivity to "active shooters". The whole "see something, say something", no longer should anyone stop and think, just phone it in!

If I was twelve and cop yelled at me, potential with drawn guns, I would have frozen and then wet'em.

I dunno... sad all around.

whole issue kind of reminds me of the old stranger danger campaign. come to find out it was more likely to be someone you knew to be the problem

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I just don't quite understand exactly what has kept the perception of the police at rock bottom.

IMHO...stupid laws. The 55mph Speed Limit is a good example. Enforce it and drive the ire of everyone who is forced to drive it...across Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. Mind numbing and angering at being forced to do so because there is a money generating speed trap over every hill you don't expect one. It quickly created a nation of scoff laws looking to evade the enemy LEO who's only purpose was to slow them down and cost them money. Us verses them with CB radios, radar detectives, and Smokey and Bandit movies.

Stupid laws just generates disdain for those tasked with enforcing them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    IMHO...stupid laws. The 55mph Speed Limit is a good example. Enforce it and drive the ire of everyone who is forced to drive it...across Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. Mind numbing and angering at being forced to do so because there is a money generating speed trap over every hill you don't expect one. It quickly created a nation of scoff laws looking to evade the enemy LEO who's only purpose was to slow them down and cost them money. Us verses them with CB radios, radar detectives, and Smokey and Bandit movies.

Stupid laws just generates disdain for those tasked with enforcing them.
    Maybe less discretion for LEO's written into the laws, as well. I know that LEO's are mandated with making arrests in certain situations instead of maybe using their good judgement and experience to just keep the peace and protect the citizenry.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    It looks like a video was released. I do not know the procedures of how these types of situations are handled when they respond to the scene, but they drove basically right up next to him. Would they not want to be farther back from someone who was reported to be waiving a gun around?

[video=youtube;7Z8qNUWekWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE[/video]

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It looks like a video was released. I do not know the procedures of how these types of situations are handled when they respond to the scene, but they drove basically right up next to him. Would they not want to be farther back from someone who was reported to be waiving a gun around?

[video=youtube;7Z8qNUWekWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE[/video]
    Maybe they were trying to get him out of his ooda loop.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It does look like the officer shot the kid before he was even out of the car.

I'm not sure how a 12 year old, or any person for that matter, would be able to process what what happening in that short of a time frame.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It does look like the officer shot the kid before he was even out of the car.

Yes, the video makes me even more itchy than when I first read about it.

Not calling for any INGOesque cybermob and will wait for a full investigation, but this video is not making me any less itchy.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've seen two other angles of the shooting and additional footage of the young man walking on the sidewalk waving the gun and pointing at pedestrians. What this view doesn't show is when he sees the squad car pull up he pulls up his sweater to reveal the gun.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, the cop hopped out of the car and fired immediately, as far as I can tell. That certainly does not come close to the police report they filed or the PD's PR story. Looks like yet another assassination by an Ohio department.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I live in Cleveland, the video that is shown was released by the parents attorney. On the news they've shown all the angles from multiple cameras. My understanding is that the parents wanted all the videos and they released the one you have seen. I will try to find the links to the newscast video I watched on TV and post them.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Are you surprised? The first thing they do is try to twist the truth.

In the audio recording I just heard on CBS news, they officer describes the boy a black male, 20. Are you freaking kidding me? No 12 yr old looks 20. They rolled in fast on the kid, allegedly yelled at him to drop the gun and then shot him 2 seconds later.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Are you surprised? The first thing they do is try to twist the truth.

In the audio recording I just heard on CBS news, they officer describes the boy a black male, 20. Are you freaking kidding me? No 12 yr old looks 20. They rolled in fast on the kid, allegedly yelled at him to drop the gun and then shot him 2 seconds later.

No 18 year old "child" looks like a grown main either. . . . .unless he's 6'5" and weighs 290 lbs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Agree, this kids only knowledge of guns obviously came from the thugs in the neighborhood. Just like the Ferguson shooting, act like a thug, you'll most likely die like a thug.

Lots of assumptions in this post. Dare I ask how you are privy to this kid's "thug" education? And how was kid sitting on bench acting like a thug? Seems to me most thugs with guns, would notice the police approaching, and run away.... especially since there wasn't even a crime. This was a tragedy pure and simple. There's no indication that this kid was bad, he was probably more ignorant, if anything.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    No 18 year old "child" looks like a grown main either. . . . .unless he's 6'5" and weighs 290 lbs.

I don't understand why you are saying this. This 12 yr old is no where a man sized human. But in the eyes of an out of control police officer, he probably looked like Andre the Giant.

To explain, Officer Wilson described himself as a 5 yr old in the arms of Hulk Hogan. Wilson is 6-4, 210lbs. He is bigger than the average man and no 5yr old. At least Wilson was well coached on what to say. I hope the CPD hire the same coach...

Top Bottom