• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is a completely different deal than not having it in the law in the first place, because now a private school potentially takes on some liability by creating exceptions. If it were not in the law, this would not be the case.

I'm not sure I follow/understand what you are trying to say.

Ex 1
    Are you saying if there was no GFZ (ie. no law) and you carry at the school and get hurt/hurt someone that the school is not liable.
    or
    Are you saying if there was no GFZ (ie. no law) and you carry at the school and get hurt/hurt someone that the school is liable

vs
    if the school makes an exception to the GFZ (ie. current law the school can exempt you) for you and you carry at the school and get hurt/hurt someone that the school is not liable.
    or
    if the school makes an exception to the GFZ (ie. current law the school can exempt you) for you and you carry at the school and get hurt/hurt someone that the school is liable.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm saying that there's a perceived difference in risk (whether it's real or just perceived, doesn't matter) to the person making the exception.

So, for example, if there were no GFZ, and something bad happened, then it's potentially an issue if the school failed to do something.

However, if there is a GFZ, then there's a perception (and a reluctance) do take an action (i.e. make an exception) that will cause additional risk.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    School function != prohibited carry.

FIFY. I can't believe this wasn't address yet.

There's no more "roaming school zones". The laws apply to the school property, not related to activities.

I was at a softball game for one of my kids, and there's a guy printing concealed.
    This caused a small stir with some parents around me. I could care less.

Yeah, I'm late but here the obligatory language lesson.
    [video=youtube;om7O0MFkmpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw[/video]

Top Bottom