• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    How dare they mess with the kings deer. I am outraged. They should know better.

You stole my line. I am outraged :xmad:

Anyone who thinks we are truly free isn't paying attention. By the way, it wasn't on their property...I don't care if their names are on the deed, they don't own it, the state does, and those who do not display proper fealty in any arena will be made examples of, if it suits the state.

BTW, I tried to rep you, but I was scolded for the attempt :(

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'd have had the DNR destroy the deer and serve it to them as dinner as part of the punishment.

That and a 5K fine (no jail though).

Disgusting how the libs and anti's all wanted the charges dropped................geee and folks never wonder why?

LE breaks a pretty well known law and plays to the media.

Total BS, as is any justification for such crap.

With canned hunts/ poachers and CWD........there are rules in place beyond what most folk's see as basic wildlife rehab.

They screwed up, and got by with it.

Flat out disgusting.

You or I would have been nailed, and threatened with all sorts of crap.

But not our wonderful (and wonderfully stupid) public servant, by golly he and his wife are friggin' heroes.

Again, the wildlife are the property of the PEOPLE of the state of Indiana.

You need a permit to chase them in the sport of hunting, and you need to check them in/tag if you get one. Even a roadkill requires a permit, lest you get into trouble (unless of course you have a badge). Lot of rules on the possession of a dead deer, or converting it to one. But they didn't check on a live one probably having some legal stuff? Not until later?

Boolsheet.

This is nothing but public emotionalism triumphing over law, and it involves a law enforcement person. Don't see the irony?

Geee, and folks wonder whats wrong with the public's emotionalist demands (backed by liberal media who loves deer savers).......in gun control.

Oh well, I bet Bisard wishes he saved a deer, probably wouldn't look like such a villain.

Last edited:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I think it is a good story and the best possible outcome at this point.

I do not feel that it was wrong to save the fawn. I do feel that 2yrs was too long and that they were having trouble cutting the cord. However, letting this get this far is ridiculous. Liberty Sanders nailed it with the "use of discretion" argument. The DNR could have told them to release or destroy and achieve the same results without the added expense of this circus.

Just because the man was a LEO does not make the outcome wrong. Further, I doubt that fact was the deciding factor as it would not have made it to this point if it was.

There is something to be said about how we as a society treat our pets and wildlife. Compassion is not a bad thing.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It's not his wildlife, it's our wildlife, hence the need for a permit.
    From what I read the DNR did tell them to release it, and they didn't.
    As a LE I bet he knew better and chose to not abide by the law.
    It's a crap story, of elitism and how public opinion trumps law.
    Guess the same type of folks clamoring for more gun laws are correct :-/
    Pass more laws, for the already law abiding, but when one of your elitist emotional buddies breaks the law, by golly it shouldn't matter.
    Total BS.
    5K fine each, chef cook the beast and make them eat it -if I was the judge :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    People agree with the breaking of the law because the folks "saved" a cute deer.

By not letting nature take its course, did they merely postpone an early death (contributed to it by long term human interaction)?

What about those who illegally try to save wildlife and have an unsuccessful outcome?
    Are they evil pieces of crap compared to the lawless angels endeared to the Petards through the media?

What if the cute little thing had 3 of its legs clipped off by a car when the officer found it? Would doing the right thing then, of putting it out of it's misery, be seen as a proper outcome?

Surely not by those who think this story is OK.

And maybe that's why the DNR told them to release it, or have it put down. Maybe, just maybe, they kinda know some stuff once in a while.

Or at least try to operate within the law.

Silly DNR.

How can they be more silly? Oh yeah, cave to public opinion.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    People agree with the breaking of the law because the folks "saved" a cute deer.

No, I think people agree with breaking the law because it is either a BS law or applied inappropriately.

You will likely find no greater a critic of LE here than me, and even I think this is BS.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    No, I think people agree with breaking the law because it is either a BS law or applied inappropriately.

You will likely find no greater a critic of LE here than me, and even I think this is BS.

It's actually not a BS law if one understands the intent, and what all goes on with wild animals/hunting etc.

I don't look at deer or laws about them through Disney glasses.

Top Bottom