• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We actually had one of these, and I still remember my brother getting it from my aunt:
    TGJohnny7MIB101003Large.jpg

I had one of these! My mom was the target of many an ambush... :):

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I had one of these....They called it a Strange Change Machine....Mom called it the "Pour some cold water on your fingers and I'll pop your blisters tomorrow machine..."

[video=youtube;hX1GuwFfL50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX1GuwFfL50[/video]

I had one of those, I'm thinking 1969ish. The creatures came in the form of little flattened blocks and you put them in the cooker so they'd open up.

I also had a geology set with lots of different mineral samples. One of those samples was a chunk of asbestos.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Used to get a set of 'cowboy pistols and holsters' every Christmas.

Had a "pop-gun". It was lever action and the same size as a BB gun, but when you pulled the trigger it only made a loud "BANG!"

At one time I had close to a hundred little green army guys. We'd set them up and shoot at them with a BB gun.

A neighbor kid and I used to play Army. I had some real Army stuff my brother got for me, pack, Army belt, canteen. My friend had a REAL Japanese Army rifle! Can you imagine seeing a kid playing with something like that today. SWAT Team raid! LOL!

We'd sometimes shoot kitchen matches out the barrel of a BB gun and watch them light when they hit the sidewalk.

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I still have the spacesuit.....Everything else is gone...That was by far one of the sets they had....Ah the Sear's and J C Penney Wishbooks!!!!

Kids today have no idea how much fun a catalog can be....Or what anticipation is...

Now excuse me...Someone is playing rap music real loud and I need to go outside and shake my fist at their car and tell them about 8 track tapes and the Sugarhill Gang....

I had one of these....They called it a Strange Change Machine....Mom called it the "Pour some cold water on your fingers and I'll pop your blisters tomorrow machine..."

[video=youtube;hX1GuwFfL50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX1GuwFfL50[/video]

Believe it or not but I still have mine, in the box.
    Mom found it in the basement 4 or 5 years ago.
    And yes,i tried it and brought one of the critters back to life and put him back into a cube.

Also had and maybe still do the Johnny 7 Rifle, I know for sure one of the grenades because its hanging above my work bench.
    BTW: The trigger housing came out and was a pistol

Klackers,full size GI Joe's,Jarts I might be on memory lane

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Charcoal lighter that really worked. The kind that would burn back up the stream and make the metal can explode, breaking your arm. Not mine but I saw it happen.

Roman candles that hurt when they hit you.

I may have a set of original Jarts in my hands next week.

.049 engines

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a set of Jarts I built up from pieces I found at garage sales. Some spare parts, too :) We had a set when I was a kid, and it just pissed me off so much some bureaucrats were able to say I couldn't have them, that I decided to have them anyway.

Top Bottom