• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BulletSponge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy.
    I made copies of mine three years ago and now I'm not sure of witch one is the original. After you laminate them they look slightly darker pink and now after such a long time I lost track. I made copies of the whole paper and cut the licence out just like the original leaving part of the doted line, they all look the same to me.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    UPDATE:
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but since I lost my wallet and everything, I had to go back and get new lamination today. I thought I had a few more reductions, but I guess not. So I trot into this same Kinko's (WITH A COPY FROM LAST TIME) to get it reduced and laminated. Was informed in no uncertain terms that they would not copy and reduce unless it was white paper. The manager said that they had received a letter from ISP stating to no copy/reduce. Couple that with my conversation with ISP in the spring about 'something new for the LTCH' and I'm hoping they are moving to something a little more substantial and carry-able.

The FedEx/Kinko's (that I wasn't aware of until I left Staples) right in the same area had no problems copying the license, reducing 1 copy to 93%, and laminating the signed copy. Total for 2 full size copies, 1 reduced copy and a lamination: $1.72. The verbage from the Kinko's guy was "There's nothing on it that says you can't copy it"

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Hmmmm, a LEO friend of mine [city type] ask me one day if I had done the lifetime thing yet. I told him that I had just got it a few days before, but the state printers' ink cartridge must have been on it's last leg as the info was close to being faded. Told him that I immediately got 4 copies made and the black was so much better. Laminated [after signing] all 5 with the do it yourself lamination package from Wally World. Showed him a copy and he said "looks good to me". Saw a friend who is a state cop one day, and he asked me if I had got my Lifetime yet, show it to him and told him it was a copy, and after looking at it, he just shrugged his shoulders.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My :twocents:.

The LTCH is not an unique document used to establish your identity. It is a reference card that coupled with your IN DL, allows a LEO to verify that you are in compliance with Indiana Code. They don't even require that your license have your current address on it! The only requirement is that the data file that your license # refers to at ISP is kept current. It offers no more identification than a Blockbuster, Movie Gallery or Public Library card does. It is just a reference to a data file.

Yes copies from ISP cost $20, IMHO that is so that all of us don't hit them up for our 6-10 copies each that we all want. Imagine if there was no fee for copies, just tell them how many you need whenever you need them. They would be swamped with requests and the wait time would be even longer than is has been. I'm sure they do a verification on your license before sending out a new copy.

I know there are the physical attributes on the card, but those are so general they are virtually worthless. I know a lot of people that match my stats on my LTCH. I am glad that the LTCH is separate from the DL and I think it should stay that way. You want trouble from a LEO? Carry with your LTCH and no other identification. Just be prepared for a ride to the pokey.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was recently pulled over for an "incident" involving my gun an another person. Im not getting into the story right now, but I had my orginal permit in my wallet which the officers ran, and also had a copy (on the same pink paper) in my glove compartment, which I know for a fact the officiers (plural) seen.

They never mentioned it...

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really wish I had made copies of mine before I laminated it. I guess I was too excited about finally receiving after a 12 week wait to think about it.

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    I talked to a city LEO friend of mine today. I told him I was waiting for my lifetime LTCH and that I had read on the Internet that I should go to a copy shop, make several pink copies, sign & laminate the copies and keep the unsigned original secured at home. He said that sounded like a great idea.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    My HP All in One makes an exact color copy on white paper. Can't tell the difference. BUT, the guy at ISP told me "you wouldn't make a copy of your driver's license and carry that would you?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My HP All in One makes an exact color copy on white paper. Can't tell the difference. BUT, the guy at ISP told me "you wouldn't make a copy of your driver's license and carry that would you?

You should go back and re-read the top post. Cordex talked to the Indiana AG, the ISP firearms licensing division and the Hendricks County prosecutors office.

Your LTCH is not the same as your driver's license. For example, your DL may be used as official identification. Your LTCH is just a confirmation that you are licensed to carry a handgun and is not usable as ID.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    You should go back and re-read the top post. Cordex talked to the Indiana AG (CLAIMS NO JURISDICTION), the ISP firearms licensing division (SAYS NOT LEGAL BUT HARD TO DETECT) and the Hendricks County prosecutors office (SAYS OK IN THEIR COUNTY... ON YOUR OWN FOR THE OTHER 91 COUNTIES IN INDIANA).

"ALL CAPS" ADDED ABOVE

I for one don't have a copy of my license. If I need a new one, I'll shell out the 20 bucks for a new, perfectly legal, copy.

Edit: Smilies added for the wifey's pleasure. :ar15::laugh::laugh::laugh::popcorn:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was just at Staples.

Me: I'd like 4 copies of this please.

Her: I won't do that, it's a government form.

Me: *looking at license* Nothing here that says you can't.

Her: I've never seen anything that says we can.

Me: You know that's not how laws work, right?

Her: Well I won't do it.

Me: I'd like to buy four pieces of pink paper to make 4 copies on that machine over there.

Her: That will be 80 cents.

:ugh:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I was just at Staples.

Me: I'd like 4 copies of this please.

Her: I won't do that, it's a government form.

Me: *looking at license* Nothing here that says you can't.

Her: I've never seen anything that says we can.

Me: You know that's not how laws work, right?

Her: Well I won't do it.

Me: I'd like to buy four pieces of pink paper to make 4 copies on that machine over there.

Her: That will be 80 cents.

:ugh:

I did the same but I took mine home and printed them there rather than give them the $0.80 + tax.

Stupid

Buckaroo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

Well, not to be contrary, but the odds are pretty good that it is not in fact, a perfect copy... {{http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/10/effs-yellow-dots-mystery-instructables}} Most brand-name printers have, apparently since about the late '90s, printed off almost-microscopic yellow dots on all pages printed which reveal: make, model, brand, serial-number (which could be personally-identifying, potentially), as well as date and time of printing. Not sure if yours is one of the many brand-name printers which do this, but I made a few test prints the other day with my own HP color inkjet, and lo and behold, under a magnifying glass... tiny yellow dots. /[my paranoia]

Last edited:

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I love the Indiana lifetime permit. In Arizona i had to spend 8 hours in a classroom & then shoot 10 shots in a square on a target to get a 4 year permit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I love the Indiana lifetime permit. In Arizona i had to spend 8 hours in a classroom & then shoot 10 shots in a square on a target to get a 4 year permit.

Wow, that's only mildly ridiculous.
    While I am a fan of being well-trained with arms, it seems to me that States do not quite get the concept of "shall not be infringed."

"Shall-issue" is the only kind of policy that should exist, IMHO.

I am glad you enjoy our somewhat more reasonable laws here, though. :D

If I remember correctly, the technology you describe was developed at Purdue. http://cobweb.ecn.purdue.edu/~prints/index.shtml

I believe you are correct, good sir.
    My only disapproval of technological advance is the truism that government shall find an infringing use for it....

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    Just wanted to report that the OfficeMax in Richmond made my copies & laminations without question today. I had them make 4 copies (1 for each car, 1 for the wallet, and 1 for the range bag). A total of $3.81 out the door.

Top Bottom