Could an LTCH holder have done anything to lessen the damage caused in Colorado?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Could an LTCH holder have done anything to lessen the damage in Colorado?

• Total voters

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    IF you were to engage this guy, where is his attention going to be? It will most likely refocus on you, potentially allowing others to escape rather than be sheep at the slaughter. To me it is worth it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    IF you were to engage this guy, where is his attention going to be? It will most likely refocus on you, potentially allowing others to escape rather than be sheep at the slaughter. To me it is worth it.
    Imagine multiple LTCH holders engaging simultaneously. I don't believe he would have continued with his attack. He wasn't expecting any resistance, he knew he was entering a GFZ.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    After thinking about this for a whole day...

All that armor is heavy and limits your field of view.
    If the guy were to ever be tackled, it would be over.
    You don't have to be a LTCH holder to do that, but and LTCH holder would then NOT have to wrestle for the bad guys gun.

In the theater, in the midst of tear gas, confusion, and gunfire, I would not have been able to figure that out.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Also, knives penetrate body armor. They are designed to stop bullets. Even if someone would have had a knife on them. As close as some where to him.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Think about it. With a crowded theatre late at night I would guess it's a good chance there was someone CC'ing in the theatre 'no gun' sign or not. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Also, knives penetrate body armor. They are designed to stop bullets. Even if someone would have had a knife on them. As close as some where to him.

They are saying that people could touch the shooter but nobody did anything or had a knife on them?

I always carried a knife on me when I was even a young teen, you dont need a licence to carry a knife.I just dont understand how nobody tried to stop him. :dunno:

I bet each person in that theater had the latest cell phone, but how many of them had a flaslight or a knife?

Sure they had a way to call 911 but no way to protect themselves.

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    Is this not the reason we all carry. I would at least have to give it my best shot. Even if he did have a vest on a round to the chest is going to knock the wind out of him. A few well placed shots would give someone enough time to take him down.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There were perhaps 300 viewers in that theater, so either no one carrying, or no one carrying and prepared to use (so why carry?).

Some might have leeft their gun in the car because the theater had a "no gun policy" and signs on the doors.
    Of course the media dont mention that.
    I think if that's the case the movie theater company is to blame. :noway:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Realistically, could anyone have done anything? Let's say the theater allowed people to carry...would it have mattered against a person with a ballistic helmet, neck guard, body armor, groin guard, and ballistic leggings?

I saw people debating about this in another forum and I'd like to see what you guys have to say. Some pointed to the West Hollywood shootout in 1997 to say a person who carried would be almost completely ineffective.

At a minimum, someone shooting back would have bought time, even a few precious seconds, for others escaping by distracting him. Also, a gas mask doesn't stop bullets, if you get off a lucky or good shot.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Witnesses? How about fellow CC guy trying to take down the bad guy, whom he/she hasn't successfully identified yet? For that matter, are you sure you've identified the bad guy correctly?

And will the police think you are with the shooter?

Given what we know about the circumstances, it sounds like the opportunity for effective response was virtually non-existent.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    They are saying that people could touch the shooter but nobody did anything or had a knife on them?

I always carried a knife on me when I was even a young teen, you dont need a licence to carry a knife.I just dont understand how nobody tried to stop him. :dunno:

I bet each person in that theater had the latest cell phone, but how many of them had a flaslight or a knife?

They could touch him?? I thought it was bad enough when someone said the empty casings were hitting them on the head as he fired. I was like WTF??!! jump him! Sorry, I'm just frustrated that people realize we need to man up on an airplane when someone gets violent, why cant they see that needs to be the SOP elsewhere?

Despite that stupid ordinance making CC illegal I still would have had my Boker MPT and Kershaw spec bump on me, so yeah, if I had the opportunity...

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Some might have leeft their gun in the car because the theater had a "no gun policy" and signs on the doors.
    Of course the media dont mention that.
    I think if that's the case the movie theater company is to blame. :noway:

I fully expect a lawsuit againt the theater and Simon properties for their "no gun" policy. If that happens, maybe we will see fewer "no gun" signs in other places.

Mark

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

I never leave home without a Knife. I look at it as a tool, and a SD weapon, just like my pistol. All it would take is someone to distract him long enough for someone to take him down.

Top Bottom