• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    if you vote that way you could be re-electing Obama by splitting the rep. ticket. I dont like Romny but he is a successful business man and if you listen to what people "who are not in the press" says he is honest. Clinton got elected because people voted for someone other than a republican so neither the republican or the wasted vote on the more moderate ticket won. You need to ask yourself can we do with 4 more years of Obama? The United States will cease to exist if he gets re-elected. Romney has the business background that can get us back on the economic road to recovery. The "enemy world" is not afraid of Obama, they know he is useless, Romney, they aren't so sure of. All in all be very careful how you vote this time around, this is the most important election we have had in my lifetime and I have been around a while.

Welcome to :ingo: harry1911

See a few posts up about that fallacy of Perot electing Clinton.

Some of us are voting third party because we like the candidate and don't see enough discernible difference between Romney and Obama.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I cast my principled vote in May. Ron Paul didn't take Indiana and he didn't get enough votes from American voters to get himself the Republican nomination. I wish he had, but reality doesn't cater to my wishes.

Now, instead of voting for a candidate I really like, I'm voting against the one who lead the way to...

Government bailouts of failing businesses

Gun control (Saiga importation "investigation", WWII weaponry importation limitations, Multiple gun sales report in Southern border States)

A health care mandate to all Americans, forcing us to purchase more insurance which drains our pockets of our monthly income

More spying on Americans, more wars in other countries

Fast and Furious

There is plenty more, but these are my sticking points. This guy should go. Romney/Ryan are acceptable replacements to me under these terms.

To be honest, we're putting too much into the Presidency. We would all be a lot better off trying to do away with this crap on our own, instead of looking for the government (Republicans, Romney/Ryan) to do it for us again. The problem is that the majority of our country doesn't mind the government spying on them. They don't mind being stripped of any and all rights because they are too timid to exercise them in the first place. Self defense? What kind of nut would want to defend himself when there are police just minutes away who could do it for us.

Our country is in trouble, but Obama isn't going to sink us all on his own and Romney is not going to pull us back all on his own. One man cannot and should not have such power.

So don't fool yourselves into thinking if you vote Johnson, you'll be doing a great service to our country and don't fool yourself into thinking a vote for Romney will fix our problems. You have to fix them. Next time you complain about something, fix it yourself, because if you don't, someone else will complain about it too and next thing you know, we have the EPA, TSA, ATF, IRS, DEA, FCC, SWAT teams, roadside checkpoints, train station pat downs, all because no one wants to take care of anything difficult themselves.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Surely you were living during the early 90s. I voted for Perot. I've felt guilty about that ever since. Perot appealed to moderates and conservatives. Not so much to liberals. He did appeal to many pro-union Democrats though, but not so much that Perot cost Clinton many votes. Yes, Perot's ~20% siphoned many more votes from Bush than Clinton.

So true. If you don't agree your a liberal or you were not alive then. I was! I remember. And I voted for Bush.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Not a Romney fan! My man Mitch was the THE best hope for the country. I did my part to try to convince him to run. But he decided against running. While I understand his reasoning, we needed him. So we are left with a choice.

Romney is a silver spoon, forked tongue, lame, pick your adjective. I don't trust a word coming from his mouth. The choice we have makes me sick. But I'll not use my vote on a candidate who won't likely get 1% of the vote. Look at the comments on this post about Johnson.

And, I assumed anyone who has been advocating on this website over 11,000 times since 2008 would have been an NRA member. My mistake!

I was really hoping Mitch would toss his hat in the ring. I know several Dem's that would have voted for him. I did not agree with everything it did but if he said he was going to do something he did. Property taxes for example. He took my property taxes from $6800 to $1600. I hated the day light savings change and wasn't keen on the toll road deal. But he did do what he said he would do! A real bad a$$ like him or not ! :rockwoot:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    So I voted for H. Ross Perot. And we got clinton and the wonderful 1994 "assault weapon" ban. I learned my lesson and will do what I can to see that obama-messiah is sent packing.

If you cast that vote in Indiana, it had no bearing on Clinton wining the White House...United States presidential election in Indiana, 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I honestly think Perot would have won had he not withdrawn and re-entered. Plenty of fodder for conspiracy theorists on that one, but none of it matters.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Naw. Can't stomach "conservatives". They're frightened of the future and freedom, liberty and fiscal responsibility is something they only pay lip service to. Plus a significant number of them are just flat out crazy, these days. I'll stick with Johnson. He's not crazy, afraid, a liar or irresponsible. And he has a proven track record. He's the only real choice.

Meh, he just hasn't been vetted yet. If he had any chance at winning whatsoever we would know about all his lies, taxes, and flip flops too. As was said earlier in this thread; politician = dishonest. The ones that appear to smeel like roses just haven't had the chance to show who they really are yet.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    8? Who's giving him 8.

I give him 4, if he wants 4 more, he'd better earn it!

So, if Romney keeps the country on its current course you are voting either Libertarian or Democrat in 2016?

If you think the R party machinery will stand for a Republican primary in '16 while they hold the White House you don't have a good grasp of party politics in this country.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I was really hoping Mitch would toss his hat in the ring. I know several Dem's that would have voted for him. I did not agree with everything it did but if he said he was going to do something he did. Property taxes for example. He took my property taxes from $6800 to $1600. I hated the day light savings change and wasn't keen on the toll road deal. But he did do what he said he would do! A real bad a$$ like him or not ! :rockwoot:

He let the dems that left the state when they didn't want to vote get off scott free. I lost a lot of respect for him over that. You can bet that the self declared "true" conservatives on here would find plenty of fault with him. But I'd take him over Romney hands down.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Meh, he just hasn't been vetted yet. If he had any chance at winning whatsoever we would know about all his lies, taxes, and flip flops too. As was said earlier in this thread; politician = dishonest. The ones that appear to smeel like roses just haven't had the chance to show who they really are yet.
    Yeah. I'm sure no-one ever took a look at a two term governor of New Mexico. :rolleyes:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yeah. I'm sure no-one ever took a look at a two term governor of New Mexico. :rolleyes:

Um yeah... Its New Mexico... WTF cares?

Seriously though, if you think this guy is flawless you will be let down. As well as I can know you from INGO I know your all or nothing bipolar view of things won't let you accept him once you find out what it is. Just trying to spare you the pain.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I really have a hard time taking you seriously. Governors don't get vetted? OK....back to our regularly scheduled program.

1339800633603.jpg

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Vore how you want but think beyond the end of the muzzle for a bit! Think a bit about what this could mean. More Czars, more government stooges who do NOT want you to own your guns..... or your hard earned income. Most importantly, those LIFETIME appointments into the Supreme Court!!! You say the next 4 years won't be that bad? Probably not......But...Think about the future of the constitution with the wrong people on the court!!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Vore how you want but think beyond the end of the muzzle for a bit! Think a bit about what this could mean. More Czars, more government stooges who do NOT want you to own your guns..... or your hard earned income. Most importantly, those LIFETIME appointments into the Supreme Court!!! You say the next 4 years won't be that bad? Probably not......But...Think about the future of the constitution with the wrong people on the court!!

I'm sorry but are you talking about 4 more years of BHO or 4 years of Romney?

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibsIAW3Gq8&feature=related"]http://youtu.be/WibsIAW3Gq8[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/nWwtvxcEPKY[/ame]

Preaching to the choir, but hopefully some people will at least give him a listen. Important note - public funding (which would add a LOT of money) comes with 5% of the general election vote.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This!

I cannot tell any but the most superficial difference between Romney and Obama. For what sane reason should I consider Romney a salvation from Obama. It is much like considering Stalin a savior for 'liberating' people from Hitler.

OMG GET REAL!!! YOU CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCES? UHH...ROMNEY HAS AN R BY HIS NAME SO THAT MEANS HE IS 1000000000000000000000000000% BETTER AUTOMATICALLY!!!!!!!11

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    http://youtu.be/WibsIAW3Gq8

http://youtu.be/nWwtvxcEPKY

Preaching to the choir, but hopefully some people will at least give him a listen. Important note - public funding (which would add a LOT of money) comes with 5% of the general election vote.

You think this is the choir? I'd say you are in the minority across the country, and even here. With that, I'm going to go listen to all 20 some minutes of this. I hope to get through it..

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    http://youtu.be/WibsIAW3Gq8

http://youtu.be/nWwtvxcEPKY

Running comments on this.

I "THINK" I can do this.. I "THINK" I am the right person.

1200 Fewer State Employees, 10% Reduction. (Lost Jobs?)

Promise, Promise, Promise - while he thinks he is sincere, he is promising a lot of things he doest not have 100% control over.

Abolish homeland security? - I need to research this.

Goal is to win the election! - Great Goal!

Asking for all Ron Paul's votes. - (ill come back to this)

Rather Die than vote - Yeah, that will show em!

Video 2

He was a Republican, switched to Libertarian. Interesting.

When he was Gov, did he run as an R, or an L?

Borrow 43 cents on the dollar. Yes we need to balance the budget. Agreed.

Cost Neutral, Fair Tax, No IRS. All Good ideas. Sure..

3rd Party Candidate Challenges, Getting the message heard. 15% to get him National Debate Coverage. 9,7,7,6% currently, but needs to double his exposure in the next 100 days. Too little too late.

Taking votes away from Romney, (I've covered this in the threads extensively)

I don't see him taking votes from Obama, I'd need to see the data there.

Compete when it comes to money. Pie in the Sky scenario. Why can't he raise the money?

5% in the General Election, 90M$ federal funding for a campaign- This is the best reason I've heard to vote Libertarian.

Ya! It's over! ;)

Ok, seriously, he has some valid points. He needs a much larger fan base, so good on you for trying. I appreciate the work you are doing to get his elevated to the white house, but for me, I'm going to do this country a dis-service and vote for Romney, in hopes that he can unseat Pres. Obama.

Two different strategies, may the best man win.

Top Bottom