• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    quick notice: the Indiana SASS Blackpowder Shoot will be this weekend (June 28-29-30) at Paradise Pass in Etna Green (about 10 miles west of Warsaw). Looks like about 35-40 cowboys, all shooting nothing but the "holy black". If you are in the area, stop by on Saturday or Sunday, and say HI..... Grizhicks

Griz, it was awesome gettin to shoot with you at the Indiana Black Powder shoot. Watching you load those cap and ball pistols was really something. Can't wait to do it again!!

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Today we had our monthly match at Paradise Pass and man was it a good time? We had around 50 shooters. 5 stages of Looney tune oriented stages. We had several cowboys from Michigan. The atmosphere is amazing. People love this sport. We come because of the guns and stay for the people. Met some great new pads today. ya Big Tree was one of em. Will post pics when I get a chance. State shoot is September 13,14,15. A lot of good stuff going on at Paradise come check it out.

Thanks Flush Draw. Had a great time. It seems like forever until the next shoot. I'll be at Bristol shooting with Wolff's Rowdy Rangers on the 20th.

Ya Big Tree

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Short Term Emory and myself have been hard at it building new loading benches at Paradise Pass. We have 5 done and 5 to go. Three maybe four shooters can load comfortably now with no problem.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Those look great guys. I like the roof to keep the rain off. I think it has rained at the last three or four matches I've shot at.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    August 3rd is our next shoot at Paradise Pass, I would like to encourage anyone that might me interested in cowboy shooting to come and and see what's going on. Main matches start at 10:30 a.m.
    My alias is Flush Draw feel free to come out and look me up.
    If you need an address or directions feel free to shoot me a p.m.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Flush Draw -- I see you've started early this morning. Nice T-shirts, I really like the guy's 'stache. Have you seen the postings on "the Wire" about ACC? While it's close to home, looks like we'll starting shooting elsewhere on the 2nd Saturday (more than likely down at Pleasant Valley). See you at the State.... Grizhicks

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You guys have almost talked me into it. But first I have some questions.

I need a revolver, lever action rifle and shot gun. They need to be period firearms or replicas right?
    I would guess each member of the family would need their own firearms or could we share?
    I'm in Fort Wayne and it looks like the group in Warsaw is the closes am I missing anyone else in the area?

Thanks

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Sharing isn't a problem, but you will need to stagger yourselves in line. It can be a hassle and a rush at times. Its worth doing though. If you watch the ads and the SASS website you can find some reasonable prices on the guns. I've got a cowboy gun for sale (1895 Marlin Guide Gun 45-70), unfortunately its more for long range cowboy.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Sharing isn't a problem, but you will need to stagger yourselves in line. It can be a hassle and a rush at times. Its worth doing though. If you watch the ads and the SASS website you can find some reasonable prices on the guns. I've got a cowboy gun for sale (1895 Marlin Guide Gun 45-70), unfortunately its more for long range cowboy.

Thanks for the info. I would really like to get a full set of cowboy firearms but the cost is pretty high for some of those. I really like the cap n ball pistols that is where I started looking into this stuff.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    To shoot the main match you will need...
    Leather, (2 holsters and a shotgun belt)
    2 single action pistols
    1 Lever action rifle
    1 Shotgun...either a sxs with extractors only, no auto ejectors
    Or a 1897 hammered pump or a 1887 lever shotgun.
    But keep in mind if you want to come try it we will loan you everything you need to get started.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    To shoot the main match you will need...
    Leather, (2 holsters and a shotgun belt)
    2 single action pistols
    1 Lever action rifle
    1 Shotgun...either a sxs with extractors only, no auto ejectors
    Or a 1897 hammered pump or a 1887 lever shotgun.
    But keep in mind if you want to come try it we will loan you everything you need to get started.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hawk...i too am in fort wayne...i shoot both paradise pass snd down at deer creek near fairmount...if you want to shoot one of those i will bring my back up pistols for ya to try...just let me know....its a great time... the state match at paradise will be a good place to pick up some gear too...

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    warhawk77 -- Go with the cap 'n ball pistols; that will put you in the Frontiersman class (all blackpowder or subs). Frontiersman is THE class to shoot (normally you'll be the only one). -- Grizhicks

Top Bottom