• ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Hey Pitmaster missed ya last Saturday!

I've so busy its been hard to shoot much SASS. My MIL is 101 and deteriorating. Its hard on my wife so I want to spend more time supporting her by doing things around the house. I'm hoping to make it next month. Paradise Pass is always on my schedule.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    this coming Saturday, April 20th:

Circle R Cowboys (Brookston, IN)
    High Ground Regulators (West Terre Haute, IN)
    Pine Ridge Regulators (Brazil, IN) - I plan on being there
    Westside Renegades (Evansville, IN)
    Wolff's Rowdy Rangers (Bristol, IN) - looks like selinoid44 and a few others

If you've never been to a cowboy shoot before, find one near by and go watch.

-- Grizhicks

Last edited:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Fur those of you that are thinkin on shootin a cowboy match....
    We shoot around 100-150 rds of rifle and pistol ammo combined for a total of 5 stages. This would be for a monthly match. Now you would also need around 25 shotgun shells, give or take a few.
    A course ya gotta have some guns and if ya aint gottem then we kin certainly loan ya guns to get ya thru a match. Two single action pistols, a lever action rifle and a SxS or a hammered pump gun such as a 1897 Winchester. A course leather is also needed. Ya gotta have holsters and yes we got them too iffins ya need ta borry some.
    Stages are timed scenarios on steel plates, normally 2 pistols 5 rds each, a lever gun 10 rds and a shotgun 4+ rds. Its a good time fur sure!

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Looks like fun. My dad has been a SASS member in Michigan for years. He thinks I would enjoy Cowboy Action since I love my wheel guns. I might check out the action in Rushville sometime.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Paradise Pass Regulators had a great crowd Saturday and we shot 5 great stages written my the infamous Korrupt Karl. We have all new steel 24"x24" plates. (they suck to move) We also have new steel on the long range. 22" disk blades and they make awesome noise when hit. Today (Sunday) we shot our NCOWS match. We had 17 shooters, where else can you have this much fun in one weekend? :rockwoot:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Just got back from the Ohio State Championship Cowboy Shoot, what an incredible match. The weather was great, the stages were awesome. What more could you ask for? 218 registered shooters, 12 stages, that's what. Day one was side matches, day two and three were main matches. We had 10 posses. There were several states represented and Indiana had quite the showing. This coming weekend is the Paradise Pass two day shoot come and check it out!

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    This Saturday, June 8th:

north-central -- Atlanta Cattle Company, Atlanta, IN
    south-east -- Pleasant Valley Renegades, Canaan, IN

I plan on being at Atlanta; hope to see you...... Grizhicks

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    The Indiana Black Powder match is reight around the corner; June 28th, 29th & 30th, at Paradise Pass in Etna Green. A great time will be had by all.

selinoid44 -- I have blackpowder if you need some.:draw:

-- Grizhicks

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    The Indiana Black Powder match is reight around the corner; June 28th, 29th & 30th, at Paradise Pass in Etna Green. A great time will be had by all.

selinoid44 -- I have blackpowder if you need some.:draw:

-- Grizhicks

Appreciate the offer but I have a bass tourney on that Saturday. Wish I could but it aint happening this time.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    quick notice: the Indiana SASS Blackpowder Shoot will be this weekend (June 28-29-30) at Paradise Pass in Etna Green (about 10 miles west of Warsaw). Looks like about 35-40 cowboys, all shooting nothing but the "holy black". If you are in the area, stop by on Saturday or Sunday, and say HI..... Grizhicks

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I may just come down for a little while. I don't think I have enough ammo to shoot. I've missed some of the Old West shooting since taking an active role in Project Appleseed. I can't reload today since I'm going to be sedated in 2 hours for a medical procedure. No reloading when sedated is a good rule to live by.

Plus I have Marling 1895 in 45-70 and reloading supplies for it I've been considering selling.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Today we had our monthly match at Paradise Pass and man was it a good time? We had around 50 shooters. 5 stages of Looney tune oriented stages. We had several cowboys from Michigan. The atmosphere is amazing. People love this sport. We come because of the guns and stay for the people. Met some great new pads today. ya Big Tree was one of em. Will post pics when I get a chance. State shoot is September 13,14,15. A lot of good stuff going on at Paradise come check it out.

Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    Saturday was an awesome match at Paradise Pass!!! Great stages, great props and great pards to shoot with!! I doesn't get much better.

Top Bottom