CSGV Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.Because MDA can't contain all the uneducated

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.facebook.com/Coalitiont...886928572214/1087074001320164/?type=1&fref=nf

10846116_1087074001320164_2579096087249056973_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    CSGV's Ladd Everitt Doesn't Know the Truth About Guns - The Truth About Guns

I think that legislation certainly it was rushed. It was done quickly on purpose. And there was stuff in there too like, you know, for example, I understand that, you correct me if I’m wrong on the specifics, but I think originally they limited magazine size to something like six rounds, right? And then there was so much response to that that they then peeled that back to what was it ten maybe fifteen I don’t even know.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So they see gun owners as not being associated with humanity. Interesting. If nothing else I'm glad they were at least honest enough to let us know they consider us Untermensch.

As for the others, well if you can only cite false studies, call for violence on others, and think that the majority are wrong (not that it matters when rights are under discussion) and claim reason, civility, and democracy with a straight face then actual discussion is nigh on impossible.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im telling you, I cant help but think its going to happen here someday. Have you ever stepped out of your pro 2a circle? I have, a couple of the jobs Ive had, spanning nearly a decade involved talking to random people, and Ive had thousands of conversations with thousands of people, and from my experiences, liberalism is the predominant belief system. In the Indianapolis area at least. It seems like most urban areas live under this cloud of idiocy. Its a sad thing looking back through history and seeing all the freedom lost, and not being able to stop seeing so many precursors for future lost freedoms in everything going on around the country. Liberalism has taken over the "civilized" world.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Im telling you, I cant help but think its going to happen here someday. Have you ever stepped out of your pro 2a circle? I have, a couple of the jobs Ive had, spanning nearly a decade involved talking to random people, and Ive had thousands of conversations with thousands of people, and from my experiences, liberalism is the predominant belief system. In the Indianapolis area at least. It seems like most urban areas live under this cloud of idiocy. Its a sad thing looking back through history and seeing all the freedom lost, and not being able to stop seeing so many precursors for future lost freedoms in everything going on around the country. Liberalism has taken over the "civilized" world.

I just had a conversation the other day with a co-worker who said she doesn't let her kids go over to her brother in law's house because he owns a scary AR-15.

Of course she didn't realize that while she was telling me this I was sitting 2 feet away with a gun in my pocket.

This is the same woman who told me her family goes camping in every year. I asked if her kids knew how to make a fire yet (oldest is 8) she said said, "no they'll never need to know how to do that."

I asked what they'd do if their car broke down in the middle of nowhere and they were stuck. Her answer was, "that's what cell phones and AAA are for."

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I just had a conversation the other day with a co-worker who said she doesn't let her kids go over to her brother in law's house because he owns a scary AR-15.

Of course she didn't realize that while she was telling me this I was sitting 2 feet away with a gun in my pocket.

This is the same woman who told me her family goes camping in every year. I asked if her kids knew how to make a fire yet (oldest is 8) she said said, "no they'll never need to know how to do that."

I asked what they'd do if their car broke down in the middle of nowhere and they were stuck. Her answer was, "that's what cell phones and AAA are for."

Baaaaaah. Baaaaaah.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So which Amendment covers "appropriate and reasonable public health policies"?

Public health usually concerns diseases, transmission of disease, combating outbreaks, etc. So if guns are a disease when did they get that status? Please explain in detail the pathology of a firearm that gives it such status as befits a concern to public health

Which public health agency has responsibility for the treatment of the disease known as firearms? Is it
    Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
    Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
    Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
    Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
    Indian Health Service (IHS)
    National Institutes of Health (NIH)
    Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)

How does the mission of the United States Public Health Services;
    "The mission of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is to protect, promote, and advance the health and safety of the United States. According to the PHSCC, this mission is achieved through rapid and effective response to public health needs, leadership and excellence in public health practices, and advancement of public health science"
    Relate to the regulation of firearms?

Other than firearms which other, more significant, causes of death and injury are also under the purview of public health? What steps are being taken to address these causes of death and injury?

So many questions :D

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    How does the mission of the United States Public Health Services;
    "The mission of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is to protect, promote, and advance the health and safety of the United States. According to the PHSCC, this mission is achieved through rapid and effective response to public health needs, leadership and excellence in public health practices, and advancement of public health science"
    Relate to the regulation of firearms?

Other than firearms which other, more significant, causes of death and injury are also under the purview of public health? What steps are being taken to address these causes of death and injury?

So many questions :D

They like to claim that firearms injuries/deaths are a "public health" issue. Not that firearms are anywhere near the the top of the list for real health issues in the US.

Top-Ten-Ways-To-Die.JPG

Top Bottom