• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You could easily dispute that as well. The 1911 is for the most part only cloned here in the USA. Every other contry that allows even restricted gun ownership makes clones of the CZ-75. The CZ is a world gun - the 1911 is an American fetish.

I would venture a guess that IF there are actually more 1911 in the world than CZ-75 it is only because so many Americans own multiple guns.

This is very true as well. I also own 3 1911s and really like the platform and it really is America's gun. But the CZ is world class for sure.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have not gotten any upgrades done and I absolutely love mine. I am now trying to find one in .40 S&W.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    The CZ 75 platform is also a great first pistol.

It was my first handgun - A CZ-75 'Semi-Commpact' purchased new, from ZX guns at the South Bend gun show, for $250 back in 2006.

The first time I fired it all my round went through one ragged hole at 10 yards, and I was hooked.

I have purchased and sold dozens of major brand pistols since then, and still own many other brands today, but I will never get rid of the CZ-75.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've got the compact P-01, and just love it. I also have the latest gen P-07 in both .40 and 9mm. If you ever consider plastic, the P-07 really should be on your list of guns to consider.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hmmmmm.......I'll have ta look in ta aquire'n 1 'ese things.........

I'll admit they are kinda one of those things that isn't for everyone. But if you like ultra reliable insanely accurate and unexplainably comfortable pistols you may be able to understand. They aren't without their quirks though some don't like the short thin slide, the factory trigger isn't the best but definitely isn't the worst either holsters and accessories can be a bit harder to find and the guns themselves can be tricky to find. But definitely worth trying out.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'll admit they are kinda one of those things that isn't for everyone. But if you like ultra reliable insanely accurate and unexplainably comfortable pistols you may be able to understand. They aren't without their quirks though some don't like the short thin slide, the factory trigger isn't the best but definitely isn't the worst either holsters and accessories can be a bit harder to find and the guns themselves can be tricky to find. But definitely worth trying out.

I agree completely with this ^^^^. The factory trigger out of the box can be stiff and the DA pull on a factory gun is long. It takes some time to get used to the smaller slide that results from it riding inside the frame. The factory sights are not always a crowd pleaser also. The stock trigger will "shoot in" a lot more than most guns. You will see a gradual improvement and, if patience isn't your thing, it can be improved quickly and fairly easily.

mikemcbride

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Awesome! Definitely appreciate the feedback looks like I'm getting one lol. Feel free to harass me for it but I like the .40sw
    I believe that the cz comes in this caliber anyone have any experience with it?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    . I am now trying to find one in .40 S&W.

. Feel free to harass me for it but I like the .40sw
    I believe that the cz comes in this caliber anyone have any experience with it?

BOO! .40 BOO! :noway:

LOL JK!

Yes CZ makes a .40 version if that is what you want.

CZ Purists will tell you to stick to 9mm, and in all honesty there was a time when steering clear of .40 in a CZ was a good idea. Most of the rumors that clouded the CZ name a few years ago steamed from .40 versions becasue they were much less reliable than the standard 9mm. The CZ platform was designed around the 9mm cartridge and was never meant to handle the larger dimensions and higher pressure of the .40. That caused a lot of issues including frame bulging and even full on kabooms of the early poly framed guns and a severe loss of reliability on the steel framed guns. It seems these issues have been addressed in recent years though. You still hear rumblings of an unreliable CZ every once in a while and it almost always is a .40 version.

Still being that I am a CZ purist and chose to get out of .40 a few years ago I would still recommend the 9mm versions.

Or a 97B .45ACP.

mikemcbride

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    I was just looking at grab a gun and they have the steel and polys instock, other than capacity is there a big difference in the p09?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The P-09 is a full sized P-07. Both, aside from the obvious poly frame difference, use the updated Omega Trigger system with allows you to swap the de-cocker for a manual safety in just a few minutes. It also is supposed to use fewer parts than the old trigger which makes it very smooth and in theory more reliable. As far as that I don't know how many parts are interchangeable from a standard CZ75 and the P-09 if any. They are CZs newest generation of pistols and I have not read a bad review of the P-09 yet.

The P-07 Duty model (gen 1 P-07) did have some teething issues when it was first released a few years back, especially in the .40 flavor. But those, like I said, have since been worked out and the new gen 2 (non-Duty labeled) P-07 is supposed to be an awesome pistol.

Both are on my want list in 9mm.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've had a couple of .40's. The best ones are the full size 75B and the 40B. The 40P is also a good one but might need some spring changes, etc. Personally, I would stick with a 9mm as well.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I mentioned earlier that I have the new gen P-07 (2014 model, not the previous "Duty" model) in both 9mm and .40. It's amazing in both calibers. I let go of a Gen4 G23 to fund the P-07 in .40, and don't regret that choice one bit. I'm a big fan of .40, and the P-07 eats it just fine, and tames the recoil really well. Though to be fair and chime in with what Kawtech and BA have mentioned, I like CZ's a bit better in 9mm flavor.

Last edited:

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I just ordered a CZ75B Matte Finish from KyGunCo a couple days ago. And I just ordered a set of MeproLight ML-17777 Tru-Dot Tritium Night Sights for it. Is it hard to replace the sights on a CZ75B as a Do-it-yourself thing or should I have somebody who knows what they're doing do it? And please tell me the MeproLights are decent night sights. I have the Tru-Glo TFO's on both my Springfield XDm's and love them. Unfortunately Tru-Glo doesn't make the TFO sights for the CZ's yet.

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    I worked 25 years as a tool & die engineer. I've seen and done hundreds of redesigns. It's pretty hard to improve on an original design without a lot of thought. I'd stay with the 9mm. Can't go wrong with the CZ or most of the clones.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Don't know anything about the 'newer' CZ's, but my pre-B is a classic. Hard to improve on that. It's a heavy service pistol though,......not much of a carry gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just ordered a CZ75B Matte Finish from KyGunCo a couple days ago. And I just ordered a set of MeproLight ML-17777 Tru-Dot Tritium Night Sights for it. Is it hard to replace the sights on a CZ75B as a Do-it-yourself thing or should I have somebody who knows what they're doing do it? And please tell me the MeproLights are decent night sights. I have the Tru-Glo TFO's on both my Springfield XDm's and love them. Unfortunately Tru-Glo doesn't make the TFO sights for the CZ's yet.

Go to www.czfirearms.us and search the forum. You will find detailed instructions (and usually videos) for just about anything you might want to do to a CZ.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom