• Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hmmm, CZ :drool:

Birds is the CZ sage. I am just an enabler to those who would be CZaholics. You could call me a recruiter to the church of CZ where Birds is the preacher.

Nope. I think fanboi is the word you're looking for. I really try not to be like the Glock boys, but, I sometimes fail, I guess. I don't try to steer people down the CZ path if it is obvious they are followers by nature. You have to have a certain amount of the individualist in you to go down our path.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nope. I think fanboi is the word you're looking for. I really try not to be like the Glock boys, but, I sometimes fail, I guess. I don't try to steer people down the CZ path if it is obvious they are followers by nature. You have to have a certain amount of the individualist in you to go down our path.

GAWD! Is there anything worse than a Glock fanboi? Well maybe a S&W revolver fanboi or 1911 fanbois. After posting in a couple threads about other makes yesterday I remembered how quickly some got aggressively defensive of their brand. I own Glocks, I own 1911s, I even own a pre-lock S&W revolver. But I keep coming back to CZ. I'm happy the only argument we have in CZ world is safety model vs de-cocker model.

Your right individualist is a good definition of a CZ fan. I sometimes brag on my CZs too. Although its not to hard to convert people to follow the path of CZ if they are still searching. All you have to do is hand them a pistol and a mag full of ammo. By the time the mag is empty they usually have found their pistol. Glock mindset can't be fixed though.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Too many new shooters believe the choice is only between Glock, M&P and XD. They, and those who push this view, really do themselves a disservice.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Too many new shooters believe the choice is only between Glock, M&P and XD. They, and those who push this view, really do themselves a disservice.

Completely agreed. One of the best discoveries I feel fortunate to have made early as a new shooter was CZ. I love my Springfields for sure, but holding and shooting my first CZ was a game changer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard or read that. "The first time I held or fired a CZ..." I've said it many times myself.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I want one, the stainless model. They sure are proud of their stainless, $230 more than the blue model........yikes.

Where did you see that? I have a Stainless 75B and I remember it being a little more expensive than the poly coat (CZ'S are not blued) but not $200+ more. I wouldn't have paid 200 more for the stainless when they had a poly coat sitting next to it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ok there we go. A Glock reference. Now INGO is safe for another day!

Yes Sawed Off the P-09 does seem to be an amazing weapon. I am also thinking very hard about getting one soon.

Oh and thanks for saving INGO!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I have heard great things about the Elite Match.

I can't recommend it enough, especially for the price. Not exactly ideal for a carry gun, cheap enough for a plinker, accurate enough for serious work. (I bought it with the idea of some day getting into USPSA Production class, time and money won't allow that currently).

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a 75B and a 75 Compact. Easiest pistols I've ever shot. I really like the safety models. Can be carried cocked and locked or DA. Thinking about sending the B to get Cajunized.

Top Bottom