• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am a bit curious how the CZ75 could be the most used military pistol in the world if the China, US and DPRK (largest 3 militaries in the world) don't use it? Not trying to start an argument, just wondering.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am a bit curious how the CZ75 could be the most used military pistol in the world if the China, US and DPRK (largest 3 militaries in the world) don't use it? Not trying to start an argument, just wondering.

It is the issue sidearm of over 60 countries for both police and military. These are CZ'S claims and it is stated on their website. I'm not sure how to find the total number of pistols in use around the world and if the total number of pistols will be more than the total of any other pistol in service. But it is issued to more militarys than any other pistol currently in service.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    In 2003, after researching 9mm handguns and based on its excellent reviews, I decided on the CZ 75 as my first center-fire handgun. I went to an Indy 1500 with the cash. Holding one for the first time, I learned that it just didn't fit my hand. It hurt to hold it, let alone shoot it. The grip pressured my thumb joint wrong. I was very disappointed. I tried a few others for fit, but didn't make a decision until a few months later when I bought a Taurus 92. The Taurus has served me well, but I sure wish the CZ 75 fit me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is the issue sidearm of over 60 countries for both police and military. These are CZ'S claims and it is stated on their website. I'm not sure how to find the total number of pistols in use around the world and if the total number of pistols will be more than the total of any other pistol in service. But it is issued to more militarys than any other pistol currently in service.

Okay thanks. I found the quote on their website and parsed the words. It looks like if there is 1 PD in a country, then they count that country. So like the US would be counted as using CZ because the Brevard Sheriff's Dept (FL) issues them. I kept trying figure out what I was missing. The only nations that I could find that issued them or a clone was Czech, Lithuania, Turkey, kinda sorta Israel and seemed like another one. None of them large militaries. Then I started thinking about world PoPo, Obviously China and Russia have their own, I read that most of India uses Glock 17s now. The are pretty rare in the US and Canada. I kept seeing Browning HP clones listed. There are like 8x more BHPs and clones in circulation world wide as there are CZ75 and its clones. But I thought it was gun numbers we were looking for.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think I will take the advice some have offered and look for a different platform for .40 S&W. Maybe I'll find a Sig or HK.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    That's my problem with Glock,....any Glock. Old thumb injury causes my right arm to go numb if I fire more than a couple of rounds with that grip. No other gun seems to give me problems. Funny you find the CZ grip uncomfortable. It has a reputation for being THE most comfortable grip in an auto pistol but I suppose not all hands are the same.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think I will take the advice some have offered and look for a different platform for .40 S&W. Maybe I'll find a Sig or HK.
    You can get a full size 75B in .40. You just probably won't find it in a gun store. To get one you will have to buy online. You will love it just as much as your other CZ.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    . The only nations that I could find that issued them or a clone was Czech, Lithuania, Turkey, kinda sorta Israel and seemed like another one. None of them large militaries.

When you break the surface and read a bit deeper it does seem like they may fudge the numbers a bit in their favor. Oh well it is still a very viable and highly reliable platform. And more than a few countries still use it or a clone.

[h=2]Users[edit][/h]Many countries use copies and clones produced by local manufacturers (see above). This incomplete list only includes users of the original Czech-made CZ 75 and its variations.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm still hoping a batch of trade-in Pre B's make themselves to market someday soon.

Last time Robertson's Trading Post had them they started at $229.00 and kept climbing in price. Some went for over $369.00 by the time they were all gone.

I feel shame that I didn't get at least two.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'm still hoping a batch of trade-in Pre B's make themselves to market someday soon.

Last time Robertson's Trading Post had them they started at $229.00 and kept climbing in price. Some went for over $369.00 by the time they were all gone.

That's where I got my pre-B. Wasn't even looking for a CZ but I stumbled across their listings on GunsAmerica and they had maybe half a dozen listed. I think most had been refinished or messed with in one way or another and I took the last one that looked original. Within a couple of days they were all gone and haven't seen any since.

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    I shot a normal cz-75 b the other day and I loved it! It was the first time I had shot one and shot it a local steel match. I pretty good for the first time shooting the gun. I recommend it. I plan on picking up the Cz-75 bd version of it in the near future.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I shot a normal cz-75 b the other day and I loved it! It was the first time I had shot one and shot it a local steel match. I pretty good for the first time shooting the gun. I recommend it. I plan on picking up the Cz-75 bd version of it in the near future.

:koolaid:

Yes drink deeply of CZ koolaid. Drink I promise it has no side effects. Except an empty wallet, a safe full of CZs and a never ending search for more.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    :koolaid:

Yes drink deeply of CZ koolaid. Drink I promise it has no side effects. Except an empty wallet, a safe full of CZs and a never ending search for more.

Mmmm. Numnumnum.

These wise sages speak the truth. The Koolaid is nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    These wise sages speak the truth. The Koolaid is nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Hmmm, CZ :drool:

Birds is the CZ sage. I am just an enabler to those who would be CZaholics. You could call me a recruiter to the church of CZ where Birds is the preacher.

Right now I am not sure if I want to buy a P-09 or gen2 P-07, order a 97BD, or wait until a 527 in 7.62x39 is available to make a mini scout rifle out of.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hmmm, CZ :drool:

Birds is the CZ sage. I am just an enabler to those who would be CZaholics. You could call me a recruiter to the church of CZ where Birds is the preacher.

Right now I am not sure if I want to buy a P-09 or gen2 P-07, order a 97BD, or wait until a 527 in 7.62x39 is available to make a mini scout rifle out of.
    I am having the same dilemma. I recently picked up a CZ 97B setup as SAO. I want to take it back to DA/SA. I also recently acquired a P01 that I need to get all the Cajun parts for. I have a Phantom so I probably don't need the P09. I am thinking of buying an already customized P07 direct from CGW. But, I have lately fallen under the spell of a CZ 40B. I don't currently own any 40's but I have had a 40B before and it was a tack driver. I sold it when I was going to 9mm exclusively. Now I imagine one with all of the Cajun goodness and I am not sure I can help myself.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

That was a great deal. I ended up with three of them and they are among the favorites in our house. Two of the three have thousands of rounds through them and the third is trailing slightly because it competes with a CZ 75 Compact for range time.

Top Bottom