• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Always wanted a 75B in stainless. Never could find one when I had the money and now they discontinued them. Found someplace that still had new ones in the box, be here next week. Second CZ (1st was a shotgun), see if their pistols live up to all the hype. It was between a Springer Range Officer Target and S&W E Series. See if I made the right choice, been thinking of the CZ for about 5 years.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    CZ 75 is always a good choice. If you get it cajunized, it's even better. Depending on the size of your hands, you might want to try out some hogue rubber grips. For largish hands they work very well. The stock sights generally aren't that great, but there are some great TruGlo or other fiber optic sights that work very well. Did you go with the high polish or the matte stainless? Hope you enjoy your purchase... :yesway:

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    They had both, I went with the matte. Figured the sights would need upgrading, that was the big advantage the Sprinfield had, but everybody has a 1911, not everybody has stainless 75 :yesway:. Do the sights push out relatively easy or they like some S&W that take a sight pusher?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Always wanted a 75B in stainless. Never could find one when I had the money and now they discontinued them. Found someplace that still had new ones in the box, be here next week. Second CZ (1st was a shotgun), see if their pistols live up to all the hype. It was between a Springer Range Officer Target and S&W E Series. See if I made the right choice, been thinking of the CZ for about 5 years.

I too, have always wanted a CZ in stainless.
    They were always at a premium price, so a little out of reach for what I wanted to pay.
    I saw one on Armslist a week or two ago that I would have bought a year ago.
    I decided after having 9 CZs, to pass since I had other guns on my bucket list.
    That, and I'm really trying to slow way down buying while in retirement (less than a year).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    They had both, I went with the matte. Figured the sights would need upgrading, that was the big advantage the Sprinfield had, but everybody has a 1911, not everybody has stainless 75 :yesway:. Do the sights push out relatively easy or they like some S&W that take a sight pusher?

My limited experience with a handful of CZ sight changes is that the front sights (not pre B) come out with ease. The back sights will take a little more persuasion with a hammer and punch or a sight pusher.

Don't forget to remove the front pin and rear set screw...

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I too, have always wanted a CZ in stainless.
    They were always at a premium price, so a little out of reach for what I wanted to pay.
    I saw one on Armslist a week or two ago that I would have bought a year ago.
    I decided after having 9 CZs, to pass since I had other guns on my bucket list.
    That, and I'm really trying to slow way down buying while in retirement (less than a year).

CZ was always very proud of their stainless compared to other manufacturers, kinda turned me off, it is still just a 75B at the end of the day. From the other couple times I tried to buy one I wonder how many they even made. Obviously was not a big seller since they discontinued them.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    DadSmith;[URL="tel:8278853" said:
    8278853[/URL]]Will do. I ordered it today. I'll give you the lowdown from order, shipping, installation, and shooting.

DadSmith I do love my trigger I got from hbi Comes with three springs as I am sure you know. I put in the lightest spring and had two light primer strikes I use chi primers, so I went with the middle one and it’s fantastic. I also got the extended mag release it is also fantastic.
    You would enjoy them both and looking forward to see what you think.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    DadSmith I do love my trigger I got from hbi Comes with three springs as I am sure you know. I put in the lightest spring and had two light primer strikes I use chi primers, so I went with the middle one and it’s fantastic. I also got the extended mag release it is also fantastic.
    You would enjoy them both and looking forward to see what you think.

This got me just under 3#

Wolff 4# striker spring

Juarez light weight striker

HBI Theta Trigger

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My limited experience with a handful of CZ sight changes is that the front sights (not pre B) come out with ease. The back sights will take a little more persuasion with a hammer and punch or a sight pusher.

Don't forget to remove the front pin and rear set screw...

And every new front sight I've installed required a little sanding off of the bottom surface to make it fit.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Update: HB Industries Theta Trigger kit

I ordered the Theta trigger kit Sunday. HBI Shipped it out Monday, I got it today. It took approximately 20 minutes to change out the trigger and striker spring. I dry fired it and let me tell you what a huge difference it has made. I went with the 3lb spring. I plan on testing it out tomorrow on the back 40.

Overall HBI did an excellent job getting my kit to me expeditiously. The product seems well made and was very easy to install.

I'll let you all know how it goes on the range. So far a big :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with HBI thus far. Hoping you enjoy the trigger while actually shooting the gun, that's where it's most important... ;)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with HBI thus far. Hoping you enjoy the trigger while actually shooting the gun, that's where it's most important... ;)

Trigger made a lot of difference.

All are 5 shot groups. These were 95gr hardcast rn bullets i got cheap at a yard sale. 1378 fps avg 10 shots at 15 feet from muzzle.

Before trigger upgrade 21'

After trigger upgrade 21'

After trigger upgrade 30' the flyer is my fault.

So far well worth the $68.50 paid. I definitely recommend this trigger kit. Oh and the trigger feels good too. No more finger irritation :yesway:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Looks like your install when a little better than mine. :rockwoot: I had a time getting the take down lever assemble out. Once I defeated that it was very easy. I went by the HBI youtube vid step for step. The trigger is well worth it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looks like your install when a little better than mine. :rockwoot: I had a time getting the take down lever assemble out. Once I defeated that it was very easy. I went by the HBI youtube vid step for step. The trigger is well worth it.

I watched the video too but found a small punch worked better holding the disassembly plate retainer down while i slide the disassembly plate out. I then flipped the frame over on my hand gave it a couple of taps and got the retainer and spring out. It went smoothly.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I watched the video too but found a small punch worked better holding the disassembly plate retainer down while i slide the disassembly plate out. I then flipped the frame over on my hand gave it a couple of taps and got the retainer and spring out. It went smoothly.

I first tried to hold the plate down with my thumb then finally used a punch as well. It was my first time tearing down a forearm to this degree so I was a little nervous. Next time not so much. :cool:

Top Bottom