• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I first tried to hold the plate down with my thumb then finally used a punch as well. It was my first time tearing down a forearm to this degree so I was a little nervous. Next time not so much. :cool:

I hear that. The worst thing that could happen is losing that tiny retainer spring. Then you would be up :poop: creek until you get another one in.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I hear that. The worst thing that could happen is losing that tiny retainer spring. Then you would be up :poop: creek until you get another one in.

Yep, mine stayed put until I flipped it over. It fell right in the palm of my hand. I think I teared up a little I was so relieved. :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They had both, I went with the matte. Figured the sights would need upgrading, that was the big advantage the Sprinfield had, but everybody has a 1911, not everybody has stainless 75 :yesway:. Do the sights push out relatively easy or they like some S&W that take a sight pusher?

I’ve changed a bunch using a universal sight pusher and none have been tough to remove.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I had not considered CZ's warranty and it would not have made a difference if I did.

SDgO4fZ.jpg

atta boy, Reed.!!

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Hey guys. I just purchased a 9mm RAMI with the manual safety; I also have a Kimber Ultra Carry, so am used to flicking off the safety as I draw.

Anyway, I stopped at the range on the way home, and discovered that my thumb has problems flicking the small safety lever. So, I've decided that I prefer carry it decocked. The manual does state that it is safe to carry the RAMI with the hammer completely decocked, but my question is: would it also be safe to carry with the hammer lowered only to the half-cocked position? All caveats about lowering the hammer with a live round understood. Tanks!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    I've pretty much converted to all CZs at this point, the P-07/-09s are great and the P-10 series is probably the best glock-off you can get.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I've pretty much converted to all CZs at this point, the P-07/-09s are great and the P-10 series is probably the best glock-off you can get.

I'm working that direction as well. My P10c is my favorite firearms that I own by far, I'm really hoping to trade a worked Colt Officers ACP that I have for a Shadow 2 (among other guns), and then my Scorpion is also toward the top of my list of favorites. Also picked up a CZ457 earlier this year for NRL22 and that shoots easily better than I do.

View attachment 87386 View attachment 87387 View attachment 87388

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Just joined the club. Yesterday I picked up a CZ 75 TSO. Went to the range today. I must admit the 2 lb trigger caught me by surprise a couple times. Love it now.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Are the bren 2 barrels available separately anywhere? Not on cz USA store site. There a 14” around me but I really want one in 11”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm looking to add another CZ to my collection. I'm wanting a 45acp. Which one should I go with the CZ 97B or CZ 97BD? Pros and cons of both if any. Which one do you all prefer and why?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I think the newest gen BD come really nicely appointed. Grips, sights, etc
    I haven't gotten hands on a regular "B" in a few years.
    Main difference is if you prefer a real safety OR a decocker (with no "safe" position).
    I would ultimately get whatever is most similar to your other CZs.
    If you have a 75bd or a P-01, then get the 97bd.
    If you have a shadow, get the B.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm looking to add another CZ to my collection. I'm wanting a 45acp. Which one should I go with the CZ 97B or CZ 97BD? Pros and cons of both if any. Which one do you all prefer and why?
    One big difference between the B v BD models is that you can make the B model into SAO if you desire. This can't be done to the BD model. That and the sights, the BD will have night sights.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Another difference between the B and BD models is that the BD has a longer sear pin that positively locates the sear cage in the frame. CZ does this because they run a single hook hammer in the decockers so they need to make sure that the sear cage does not move as the gun ages. The up side of this is that the BD could potentially yield a better trigger since there is no chance of sear cage movement during the trigger pull. I have an old 75 pre-B that has a lot of sear cage play and you can feel it in the trigger pull. A BD would not have that.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Getting in on this thread.
    Have been a 1911 guy for 30 years and picked up my first CZ75B Omega a month or 2 ago.
    The "pyramidal" safety and slide release are a little more difficult to manipulate and the trigger reset is wayyyyy long.
    Still researching though, with so many models available, those issues are probally taken care of with a higher $ model.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Adding Cajun Gun Works (CGW) parts, like the Pro Package, will address the trigger reset issue and make the gun much nicer overall. Depends on if you want this as a carry gun, or just a range gun. If you want to carry, there's a standard package that used to be called the Defensive Carry package, that might be a better fit.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I need help.

Looking for a retention holster that will fit a CZ 75 P01 with an RMR mounted. It has to be able to fit on a battle belt or similar MOLLE. Something similar to the one linked below. I don't particularly need the flip down shroud. I just need retention similar to the GCode holster shown or similar to Safariland's GLS (preferred) or the SLS. This gun is a tough one to shop for ... especially now that I have an optic on it. Everything seems centered around the Tupperware and cool kid guns. Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

1002030_616666085075753_1556137417_n.jpg

Top Bottom