• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Damn, guess I'm a fuddy-duddy cause id never heard of the term fudd. Figured it meant fuddy-duddy but the more thread I read the more I realized it didn't. Had to look it up!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Damn, guess I'm a fuddy-duddy cause id never heard of the term fudd. Figured it meant fuddy-duddy but the more thread I read the more I realized it didn't. Had to look it up!
    I think it originally derived from Elmer Fudd?

Elmer_fudd.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    i had a young guy at the range tell me i need to upgrade from my sig p220 & p229. i laughed in his face and asked him if he was ready to upgrade from pampers to titey-whiteys.

the guy in the next lane (with a very nice 1911) laughed so hard, i thought he might need oxygen.
    I imagine his idea of upgrading was some plastic framed pistol. Few pistols shoot as well for me as the original style Sigs. Just recently picked up a P226.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1911s and wheel guns (and steel frame CZs) are PRECISELY where I'm at. Can I get the "Fudd" user title?

Same same on long guns - got an AR that's way more accurate than I am, does nothing for me. Hand me a Garand or an FAL, and I'm grinning ear to ear.
    I'm also a fan of steel and wood. But this is what I made with my INGO AR lower. :)

1647899367309.jpeg

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I think it originally derived from Elmer Fudd?

Elmer_fudd.jpg
    I don't think I'd count on Urban Dictionary to get the history correct. Especially given that there are 2+ generations that think Nimrod means incompetent (hunter). Buggs being sardonic has fooled generations and made the meaning of a word the opposite of its source.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yeah that is kind of the way I see it too. Or to put it in another way pistol marksmanship is a dying art and anyone that shoots well is doing good in these times regardless of what they choose to shoot. I started handgun shooting over 30 years ago at a range near the Marine Corps base Camp Lejune. A lot of those Marine shooters were quite good at 25 yards or 50 even with FUDD guns!

But I have seen a few younger guys in the past few years that did impress with with their shooting skills. One guy was firing a service type pistol at 25 yards on an actual 25 yard slow fire target and was shooting very accurately and he wasn't taking his time either. Another showed up with a Smith 500 Magnum and I thought this would be a treat. The "kid" actually shot it quite well at 25 yards and was not shooting powder puff loads.

Some say for 3 -7 yard "combat" shooting fast is most important. There is shooting fast and there is shooting fast accurately. Nothing impressive about shooting fast and missing the target with half your shots.

Agreed , whenever I go to the range most people barley get past 5 -7 yards and it still looks like their man sized target got shot with a shotgun. I primarily am a handgun shooter as IMHO as a civilian that is the type of firearm I am borderline guaranteed to have to use in a defensive situation. So therefore I want to be as proficient as possible. It's gotten to the point where the 15 yard pistol lane is not enough so my gun range automatically gives me a rifle lane (25 yards instead of 15) just so I can practice more at distance. Because honestly anyone should be able to drill out the X ring with a handgun at 15.

I will say though out of all the striker pistols I’ve shot the Walthers were some of the best!!! I’m still contemplating if I want to just go ahead and keep them. Especially the Q4. I have a place in my back…. Causes slight tremors at times which is one reason I prefer a heavier handgun.

pt00RPh.jpg

LOVE my Q4 , this was 10 rounds at 25 yards

Top Bottom